• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New ORG XIII - Death Scenes in the Ending

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

cakito123

Awards
My favorite parts about KH3's ending is striking down each one of the org xiii's characters and watching a cutscene where they die and talk nonsense. Those scenes were probably the best of the game for me. in the first playthrough everything was so bloated and fast that I didn't feel much connection, but after playing the ending many times now I think I quite like these scenes more and they are my fav scenes of the entire game.

Now I ask you: which death did you enjoy the most watching? What was the less fun to watch for you? And, any special commentary on any of them?

I specially liked Marluxia's character, but I didn't like his death scene. It was the most boring to watch. They could give us some more info on his backstory and not leave all of that to UX, so the scene wouldn't be so short and dull to see.
I mean, it is obvious that some characters (like Demyx, Marluxia and Larxene) were back just to tease future plots of future games, but nomura could at least try writing the scenes where they die a bit more entertaining and important. Give us something to be excited, you know? It just failed so hard in that regard...

My favorite one...
I really really like Xemnas's dialogue with sora before he dies. The music is also really good and the way xemnas fades away saying 'it must take incredible strengh' to be human and feel pain has a special tone that is SO MUCH his character.
What a sadboy.
When he dies I honestly felt a little bad for him. Because he is just that, you know. A Sad nobody with not at all personal reasons to live and fulfill his goal.

I liked very much Xigbar's death too. I really though he was gone before knowing he was actually luxu, and if he really was, the way he dies fits him really great too. He wouldn't die in front of anyone if he could not do it. He's teleport away and die alone with his own pride.

• [*]I. Master Xehanort
    [*]II. Ansem, Seeker of Darkness
    [*]III. Xemnas
    [*]IV. Xigbar
    [*]V. Luxord
    [*]VI. Larxene
    [*]VII. Marluxia
    [*]VIII. Saïx
    [*]IX. Terra-Xehanort
    [*]X. Dark Riku
    [*]XI. Vanitas
    [*]XII. Young Xehanort
    [*]XIII. Xion
edit: I put 'death' in the title but as some vessels/characters don't necessarily die, but transforms, they also count. Think of 'death' in this case every time xehanort creates a keyblade for opening kingdom hearts.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 252753

I really liked the death scenes too.

My least favourite were probably Marluxia and Larxene too but I thought Luxord's card thing was more interesting and I liked how he had come to respect Sora's skill at his games.

I also loved Xemnas's death for the reasons you described. Another one I particularly like is Vanitas's assertion that he is darkness and how upset it makes Sora, it actually feels like Vanitas has scored a victory over him in death (I preferred it before Re Mind when it was more ambiguous whether Vanitas would be important).

Also, I liked how Saïx never admits to Axel that he was helping to bring his friends back but chooses to reconcile with him by arguing with him and have Axel 'force' him to admit he was jealous before dying. Like Xigbar, I think it suited his proud nature well.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I'm on the same both as you guys. I think the best death scene was Xemnas. It feels like a closure to his link. Makes you literally feel that this game takes place after KH2 and that it's sorta tying a loose end. Like, it builds-up on Xemnas' character from KH2 and expands on his feelings as to why he never actually wanted a heart to begin with.

It also sorta detaches Xemnas from Xehanort, seeing as how DDD pretty much blurred a bit his independence from MX.

OneDandelion

Awards
all of them were good, but it was so awkward the way it would interrupt the battle segments to show you their individual cutscenes. It was so distracting to me it honestly took away from their final moments.

That said the one i've gone back to rewatch the most is probably Xigbar's and Larxene. The strength of KH's dialogue is in the form of the little one liners that define the characters so well - like Xigbar saying "oh, I am worthy" and Larxene's "my secret". But Xemnas and Xion are up there too

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I'm not going to count the events that lead to the RAX and TAV reunions. If anything that might make me slightly resent Saix's death due to how much time he eats up on RAX's scene lol.

That being said the 'defeats' I really liked were Luxord, Saix, Xigbar, Xemnas, Ansem, and Young Xehanort. Vanitas gets a honorable mention. I don't really count Terranort and Xion as 'defeats' especially Xion, since nothing in her dies she just switches sides. But if I were I'd add Terranort since that Guardian scene was awesome.

Luxord because it really showed he had a good guy side. Something teased in Days.

Saix because it was the conclusion to his story with RAX.

Xigbar because it fit his character really well. Almost the perfect death for him.

Xemnas because anything with Xemnas is great.

Ansem because it was the final conclusion with him and Riku.

Young Xehanort because he remained the jerk taunting Sora till the end lol.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I liked all of them from what I remember other than Young Xehanort's slasher smile / crazy act. Saix's was probably my favorite.

cakito123

Awards
I liked all of them from what I remember other than Young Xehanort's slasher smile / crazy act. Saix's was probably my favorite.

Young Xehanort's was really unsettling at first, but every time I watch his scene now I laugh at it hahaha

Can we aknowledge how great are the music in those scenes tho? I got myself listening to that slow Org XIII's theme after beating the game a lot of times. Even Young Xehanort's, I think that was the most upbeat (not to say thrilling) one.

okhi12

Awards
My favorite were Ansem and Xemnas. At that moment they hadn't anything left to lose, they dropped their «villain overconfidence» and for the first time they showed their most human and vulnerable side. That made me want them to return again. Becoming good guys would be a stretch, but I'd like to see them developing their own identities as humans and finding their place in the world free from Master Xehanort's plans. It was more touching than I ever thought, like there is some underlying story waiting to be told.
Luxord's was very interesting too.
Dark Riku was just a plot device to provide a body for Naminé, I couldn't care less about him even though I liked Riku Replica as a character.
Young Xehanort was a cocky entitled brat until the very end and I'm already tired of that kind of character.
Marluxia and Larxene are two of my favorite org members but their deaths were pretty lame. However when Larxene said ''But... could be worse'' something in her voice resonated whithin me.
Xigbar was just keeping the ''fool desirous of keyblade'' facade till the very end. It was good the first time I saw it but after seeing the epilogue his defeat scene lost its power.
Terra-Xehanort was such an annoying maniac that I liked how Terra awakened as the Guardian and humilliated him.
I liked Xion's return to the good side but her cries were a bit cringy.
Saïx's death was perfect. He was always the org member I liked the least but KH3 made me like him a lot.Saïx admitting he was jealous and his goodbye to Lea were one of the best scenes in KH3.
Oh, almost forgot Vanitas. The scene was good at the beginning but ended as a bit underwhelming. I'm looking forward to see him again as Darkness or whatever he is.
Master Xehanort's death was ok. Too anime-inspired for me. The old man caused a lot of trouble but the main cast except Sora and Terra (as Eraqus) didn't even say a word and they were perfectly fine with Xehanort ascending to heart-heaven. Not very believable but warriors of light are saint people without any ill will in their hearts right? It didn't matter the old man killed Kairi, there was no punishment.

GreyouTT

Awards
Ansem's my favorite. I save him for last since it feels like the best book end for the villains and fights.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Ansem and Xemnas hands down. Way back in the days of KH2, I legitimately felt bad for Xemnas (because it was before all the madness and explanations). Future games changed what we knew of Xemnas in KH2 - a tragic character that was overcome by an obsession for research becoming a being devoid of feelings - to Master Xehanort's pawn. I always questioned (back in KH2 days) whether Xemnas was actually feeling emotion or faking it at certain points (the vocal performance was just so good), so personally for me Xemnas' death speech really made me reminisce on when I first encountered him.

Ansem because it felt like great closure between Riku and Ansem. I loved how he said that there are more things to discover and it felt like a message to the players - it's really time to say goodbye to the villain that started it all.

Back