• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Nomura sketch commemorating Unchained X's 1st Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

palizinhas

Awards
Re: New Nomura sketch commemorating Unchained X's 1st Anniversary!

Theory 3:

One of those mystery people is Naminé.

One, because they sort of look like Dusks to me (and Naminé is a Nobody like those are).

And two, because she's a Nobody who has reached out and touched the hearts of people while they've been asleep. Sora, Ventus, maybe (because she seems to know about him in Coded, but then again: that seems as though it's more because she discovered him through Sora's memories, but didn't discover him himself, I'll admit).

But with the thing that Nomura did with Naminé at the concert, in trying to help Terra, I wouldn't be surprised if she's somehow connected to all of this. If she has reached out/is now reaching out to Ven, who may be a huge part of Chi, that is.

And Naminé's always been important in lining the pieces up, and explaining the plot, so I think her also being involved in Unchained Key S2 is possible.

And if Tinny is right, and all of this is all happening in Sora's heart, then it could even still be possible. Because Sora did create Naminé, so some piece of her might exist within his heart. He did see her while he was dreaming in DDD, after all.

Oh, and then there's the "Dreams hold our memories, sleep holds our dreams, and darkness--it holds our sleep" quote to consider. Naminé's a memory witch, who has put people to sleep and talked about (and coached people through) darkness before;)
That does seem possible. I mean, Sora doesn't actually see her in DDD, he sees Xion AS Naminé, the reports say that it wasn't Naminé at all, but that is a bit of an unimportant detail, as they are still heavily connected. And even if she's entirely in Kairi's heart, the way Roxas and Naminé talk about seeing each other whenever Sora and Kairi are together means there is still at least some connection between hearts there. So it's possible she'd be able to reach Ventus even while inside Kairi.

And honestly, Naminé being involved in things at all is always fun, even if I... disagree with some of the ways they have done it. I still worry about Ven being involved at all and I don't care anywhere near as much about him.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Oh, wow. Thank you so much for the amazing reply to my theory, Sephiroth! I'm glad you liked it!

And now I'm glad that I even typed it up, as I had been thinking about just deleting the whole thing--when I had only had a few words down in my response, while thinking about the possible ramifications of said post.

But thanks a bunch for the vote of confidence! It means a lot!:D

Tbh, I do still think it's the one of my three ideas that has the most holes, but I guess I really need to remember how weird dreams can be, huh? Which could contribute to some of those strange things going on...

If Ventus being the Player is a thing that's even going on at all, that is (which it probably isn't, but for now we'll theorize what's going on with Ven until we can get a more clearer picture of what's really transpiring with him). :)

No issue, it is really a point that can be used to further this particular theory. ^__^

I wouldn't say holes, but it is certainly the one with the most unorthodox approach as it would put the whole Unchained X storyline and whatever Ven's contribution to it is in the time period from 4 years before to the begin of BBS itself instead of the actual present (after DDD) or even the deep past of the x[chi]-era itself on which most theories base their predictions.

Like said with our current knowledge I see that all these theories have roughly the same plausibility and possibility. There isn't yet anything available that allows us to paint any of them as more probable or less probable than the others except personal bias.

The idea with Naminé is also intriguing concerning the mystery characters as if I recall correctly Nomura said something about different instances of the concert having different surprises.
Heck, there might even be a connection between Ven/Maleficent and Unchained X Season 2 and BBS 0.2 somehow.

I have one issue with Ven being in the realm of sleep. How? At the end of DDD, Riku dove into Sora's dream (which is contained inside Sora's heart meaning not connected to the realm of sleep) and we clearly saw Ven (along with Roxas and Xion) inside Sora's heart. So he can't be in the realm of sleep.

Except that Sora's heart was connected to the Realm of Sleep as it itself was sleeping until Riku woke it up.
Ventus' actual essence being inside Sora's heart does not rule out him himself dreaming and entering the Realm of Sleep through different means.
Technically, Ventus already was in the Realm of Sleep the whole time Sora was in it during DDD as well because Sora carries his heart. It was shown in the end of DDD that Ventus smiled because he felt Sora's happiness with the Dream Eaters. That does not only prove that Ven's heart still has a connection with its body but also that he can access the Realm of Sleep via his connection to Sora.

Young Xehanort, Xemnas and Xigbar also repeatedly tried to stir Ven's heart within Sora over the course of DDD from within the Realm of Sleep so that's another point that goes for there being a connection.

And last but not least, Ventus' heart is sleeping since ten years and while part of that time was certainly needed to heal his badly damaged heart, there is also enough leeway for him to have accessed the Realm of Sleep somehow.

Riku meeting a projection of Ventus at the core of Sora's heart only proves that Ventus is not wandering the RoS at the particular point in time Riku makes his visit.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Curse you Nomura and your teasing!
Man, Ventus looks so young in this. He looks like how he should have..during BBS's...flashbacks...
Those two mystery characters has my curious of course. Neither of them are stupid-shaped so it's not Terra, and it looks like Nomura was already starting to draw the hair of the one right next to Ven.

Screw it, I'm saying it's Ava and Luxu because why the heck not.

Oh, and by the way:
YirDf2J.jpg

I thought that sleeve was a boob at first XD

Theory 2: Though I'll admit that this one has a lot of holes in it. This one's about how it could possibly make sense that Ventus is Player.

Okay, so we all know how at first Vanitas didn't have a face until Ven connected to Sora, right?

Well, what if Ventus also lost his face--because the damage of what had happened to his heart was so immense?

...At least maybe this happened in his idea of himself in his heart, because we clearly see him still with his face in certain cutscenes following his heart first being shattered (and who knows, maybe it's having connected to Sora that helps him keep his look physically, after something that traumatic happening to him?).

But roll with me here: What if Chi, or Unchained Key, or Season 2 (whichever) takes place in Ventus' dream, yes (or he wanders over there while dreaming), but during that short coma he entered after first meeting Eraqus, Terra, and Ven?

He ends up becoming Player, and the reason he doesn't have a set look is because his heart's so damaged, it can't focus on what he's supposed to look like in the dream?

So for this one moment, he's sharing this one thing with Vanitas and being featureless.

Yeah, this theory has a TON of holes in it--and it probably isn't true at all--but the fact that Vanitas at first didn't have a face, and so doesn't Player (at least not a consistent one) seemed like something that should at least be somewhat touched on here.
Ven does look younger than how he does in BBS, and I like this theory a lot too!

Karrawong

I think it is possible for a character that lived in the chi era could in fact still be alive in the present day.

The original X blade had to be destroyed by someone and in BBS the X blade's destruction (even if it was incomplete) didn't kill any of the characters. So if the original X blade was destroyed, would it have killed the remaining survivors of the keyblade war? If it didn't, it is possible that some of the survivors were thrown into to realm of darkness. In the realm of darkness time moves differently to the realm of light. Maybe a month or a year in the realm of darkness is equal to a hundred or even a thousand years in the realm of light.

The chi era world was enveloped by darkness at the end of the keyblade war. I think that it's possible that at least some of the survivors were thrown into the realm of darkness instead of being sent to a world in the realm of light. Maybe Ventus, if he came from the chi era, was in the realm of darkness for a time before being found by Xehanort?

I know the theory likely has a lot of holes in it. I just wanted to throw my two cents into the discussion :)

Ven_Roxas

Awards

I also had made a post elsewhere about how, if everyone's memories were effected by the keyblade war and they had forgotten about how the world was before it, then even if the keyblade war was a year ago, if no one remembers it first hand, it would be a legend in their perspective.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

One of the mysterious figures makes me think of Absence The Wise when he disguised himself as DiZ for some reason. I am wondering why Ventus is in the sketch.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I think it is possible for a character that lived in the chi era could in fact still be alive in the present day.

The original X blade had to be destroyed by someone and in BBS the X blade's destruction (even if it was incomplete) didn't kill any of the characters. So if the original X blade was destroyed, would it have killed the remaining survivors of the keyblade war? If it didn't, it is possible that some of the survivors were thrown into to realm of darkness. In the realm of darkness time moves differently to the realm of light. Maybe a month or a year in the realm of darkness is equal to a hundred or even a thousand years in the realm of light.

The chi era world was enveloped by darkness at the end of the keyblade war. I think that it's possible that at least some of the survivors were thrown into the realm of darkness instead of being sent to a world in the realm of light. Maybe Ventus, if he came from the chi era, was in the realm of darkness for a time before being found by Xehanort?

I know the theory likely has a lot of holes in it. I just wanted to throw my two cents into the discussion :)

There's a theory that suggests that the Realm of Sleep could be used as a time traveling mechanism. Maybe the MoM/Luxu are hiding in that Realm, waiting for the perfect moment to intervene...?

Ven_Roxas

Awards

There's a theory that suggests that the Realm of Sleep could be used as a time traveling mechanism. Maybe the MoM/Luxu are hiding in that Realm, waiting for the perfect moment to intervene...?

I might be wrong, but didn't Nomura say that X and unchained X would connect to post KH3? If so, maybe that idea connects to the villains after 3?

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards

I might be wrong, but didn't Nomura say that X and unchained X would connect to post KH3? If so, maybe that idea connects to the villains after 3?

I don't remember, no. What I do remember is that he said that KHx's and KHIII's stories were being developed in parallel and that KH3 would use KHx's mythos.

Luxu

Awards

Ven_Roxas said:
[FONT=&quot]I might be wrong, but didn't Nomura say that X and unchained X would connect to post KH3? If so, maybe that idea connects to the villains after 3?[/FONT]

A lot of people (Me included) think the Daybreak Trio is going to get involved with KH3 somehow, whether it be finding them to aid with the Guardians of Light and foil Xehanorts plan. Or learn the true history of the Keyblade War, as Xehanort lied to us or thought it was true (With his version)

And one of the biggest links is Ventus, he keeps appearing on artwork with the Daybreak Trio. Either, he is the Player or just a Dandelion that might have "admired" the Daybreak Trio. Or just some friend they meet in the RoS.

As for villains, the Maleficent we see in the special episode is the REAL DEAL.So its nice that we finally do justice to her as ourselves instead of Sora (Assuming, a big battle between them breaks out.)

Spikeyroxas

Maybe because in DDD sora went to the realm of sleep, and was put into a second sleep. The already connected-in-sleep ventus also went into a second sleep and Unchained X is his dream making him the player.
Afterall we already know that ventus is directly affected by Sora, since when Sora met up with his dream eaters at the end, it made Ventus smile in his sleep.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

I just thought of another thing that could hint that Player's Ven, maybe.

I've been theorizing for a while now, that the way that the MoM was trying to get the X-Blade in Chi (or to perhaps make a replica of it that he could use for the same purpose) was by having the Keyblade wielders collecting lux but also unknowingly collecting guilt with that bangle, perhaps in equal shares.

So maybe he was going for the "equal parts light and darkness combined" approach that Master Xehanort was attempting himself in BbS.

And who else was a key component in a plot like that before--similar to how Player was quite a bit here? Oh, right. Ventus.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Maybe because in DDD Sora went to the realm of sleep, and was put into a second sleep. The already connected-in-sleep Ventus also went into a second sleep and Unchained X is his dream making him the player.
After all we already know that Ventus is directly affected by Sora, since when Sora met up with his dream eaters at the end, it made Ventus smile in his sleep.
It's very possible that Ventus might be the player and it would make sense.

Luxu

Awards

I just thought of another thing that could hint that Player's Ven, maybe.

I've been theorizing for a while now, that the way that the MoM was trying to get the X-Blade in Chi (or to perhaps make a replica of it that he could use for the same purpose) was by having the Keyblade wielders collecting lux but also unknowingly collecting guilt with that bangle, perhaps in equal shares.

So maybe he was going for the "equal parts light and darkness combined" approach that Master Xehanort was attempting himself in BbS.

And who else was a key component in a plot like that before--similar to how Player was quite a bit here? Oh, right. Ventus.

I doubt the Player was going to be used to forge the X-Blade, but the MoM did take extra steps for us by giving us two Chirithy. He was watching Ephemera and perhaps the Player. But the Player seems like a death weapon of sorts, being able to handle four of the Foretellers and still stand. So perhaps more exists to the Daybreak Trio than we know

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

But the Player seems like a death weapon of sorts, being able to handle four of the Foretellers and still stand.
Still stand? I'm pretty sure we saw the player fall over and nearly die.
Nevertheless, it is pretty impressive that the player was able to fend off four Foretellers in a row, with each one remarking about how strong of a wielder they were.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com

Nevertheless, it is pretty impressive that the player was able to fend off four Foretellers in a row, with each one remarking about how strong of a wielder they were.

Yeah, the player sure came a long way.

Luxu

Awards

Yeah, it's a big improvement of the "few days" before the Keyblade War when one strike from Aced knocked then out

Hallowseve

Nomura is at it again with another great sketch. I personally hope the two masked characters are entirely new and we'll meet them later on in KHUX. Although, it they are new, I pray they make it into KHBCx somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back