• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEW NOMURA INTERVIEW!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hidden Secret Boss not so secret when it is in the trailer. >_> I am guessing it means identity. So it is a Xehanort/Terra person. Okay.

Awards
They're important to the story, but we were talking about sequels. It might still be important to the series but it wouldn't be considered a true sequel unless it was KH0.5 since BBS is 0 in the series and KH is 1.

I didnt mean a numbered sequel. All the KH games are still considered sequels, because they all effect the main storyline.

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
They probably won't show who it is even after you beat it, but oh well

simple&cleanxiii

Bronze Member
Hidden Secret Boss not so secret when it is in the trailer. >_> I am guessing it means identity. So it is a Xehanort/Terra person. Okay.

I know who it is.
It's... Larxene. I know that she has lightsabers in the trailer and everything but that's because she's just that badass and deserves to be an awesome secret boss.

That is, until they get a BBS:FM and we're back to being the ones who get firetrucked over.

But until then, I'll enjoy their pain.

lol I can see the pressure getting to Nomura and releasing a BBS final mix+ with Re:Coded or the 3ds game. We would totally get screwed over like that D:

Trukybldemstr2

Garbage Pail Kid
Website
www.facebook.com
Here was another interview from the square enix members site......IDK if this was posted already

Q. In what ways does KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep differ from the previous KINGDOM HEARTS titles?

A. KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep is set the furthest in the past in the series. You could even call it “KINGDOM HEARTS 0”. Players will unravel mysteries in the KINGDOM HEARTS storyline by playing through the perspectives of each of the three new characters . Also, each installment in the KINGDOM HEARTS series introduces a new system, and in this title we introduce new features such as the “Command Deck,” which all contribute to bring a tense and exciting battle experience.

Q. What, if any, were some challenges you faced in bringing KINGDOM HEARTS to the PSP?

A. Since we included a variety of multiplayer modes, we faced some difficulties in keeping the PSP systems synced during wireless play.

Q. Aside from multiplayer functionality, what special considerations were given to the title to take advantage of the PSP?

A. The visual capability of the PSP enabled us to give the game a finish that is on par with the numbered titles that were released on the PS2.

Q. Why did you decide to let players go through three separate scenarios instead of one scenario incorporating the three main characters’ points of view?

A. Everything is part of one big story, and there is only one final destination. Fans of the series who already know what happens beyond KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep may be able to predict where the three are headed. I thought that separating the story into three perspectives, and having the player choose the order of progression would deepen the mystery, making the journey all the more interesting. Even if you complete one character’s story, you’ll find yourself even more curious as to what happens to the other two, and become eager to see how everything comes to a close.

Q. How are the three main characters’ personalities reflected in their combat styles?

A. Terra is very protective of the other two, so his combat style is all about power. Ven is full of curiosity and mischief, so he’s very fast. Aqua excels at magic, which stems from her inner strength and elegance.

Q. Are there any Disney worlds that you were particularly excited to include in this installment? If so, what aspects of them appealed to you?

A. I was looking forward to introducing the worlds of Cinderella, Princess Aurora, and Snow White. I had always wanted to incorporate them into the series, but wasn’t able to until this entry, which I feel is perfect, story-wise. It definitely is a lot of fun to run around the classic Disney worlds recreated in 3D. I couldn’t help but make these some of the first worlds that players could visit.

Q. The three main characters visit the same Disney worlds, but you see different angles to those worlds’ stories. Can you tell us about how you decided to present different vantage points within the same Disney world?

A. While each of the three characters has a unique personality, you are still playing three separate scenarios, so it wouldn’t be any fun if their stories go down the same path. It should be interesting to see how one’s actions affect the stories of the other two, encouraging players to look forward to visiting the same worlds with each character,

Q. Can you tell us about some of the thoughts behind the addition of new features for the North American release?

A. We try to offer something new because so much time has passed since the Japanese release, and a lot of fans already know all about the Japanese version through the internet. This is something we did for every numbered title in the series, and because we consider KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep an equivalent to a numbered title, we’ve added a few new elements.

Q. What are your thoughts regarding players who are new to the series picking this title up, with this title being set as the prequel to the series?

A. The series has continued so long thanks to the fans, and its story has become very vast and complicated. That is the greatest appeal of this series, but also what may make it difficult for newcomers to jump in. We of course consider first-time players when developing each installment, but the games were always part of a single timeline, and some players couldn’t quite get into the games because they felt out of touch with the rest of the story. Because KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep is positioned at the very beginning of the storyline and introduces all-new characters, I personally felt a sense of freedom much like when I was developing KINGDOM HEARTS . I think this is great timing for those who are looking for a way into the series .

Q. Is there anything you paid attention to in particular when creating the story for KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, especially in consideration for those who will be new to the series?

A. Nothing in particular. I don’t think that the element of choosing between the three characters differentiates this title too much from the other titles in the series. No matter which installment you decide to play from, the story is headed in the same direction, so deciding which character to start with is essentially the same as choosing which title in the series to start with. The only difference is in the order in which you discover things about the story, and it’s fun to think that there are so many ways to make sense of it all.

Q. What message do you hope that KINGDOM HEARTS fans will take away from the story of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep?

A. That’s something I would like for players to find out for themselves. The theme shared throughout the series is “heart,” and that’s something intangible. “Connection ” is the theme in KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, and that’s also something that can’t be seen with your eyes. The connection between people, the connection of destinies; there are many different types, and I hope that players can feel these intangible ideas.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
He also goes onto say that the Hidden Boss shown in the English trailer was tested in Japan. Those testing it said afterwards, that they found it so hard they will never try it again.

Thank You oh lord Jesus

25 characters

Coeurl

Demon Dance
i'm doubtful about that difficulty change. so i'll still stick to Proud Mode.

SuperEclipse

~Ichiban~
Awards
Website
www.spirasdestiny.net
While that might be true, he also said that Birth By Sleep is considered KH0 and the original KH is KH1 so that would make it the sequel already.

Yeah anything he says just ignore. Remember he said KH wouldn't go on like on FF and it would have ending(saying it won't be milked etc). At this rate they will be more KH games then FF games by 2015.

KH will have a ending and won't go like FF is my ass , lol.

Shadow Key

Nomura looks nothing like I imagined...

ANYWAY So isn't it funny that if Japanese fans get upset, he caters to them but if we get upset he keeps the Final Mix far away from us? Just saying.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Hooray for difficulty! I always felt the battles with the Magic Mirror and the second round of MX with Terra was just far too easy even on Proud Mode. With the sounds of it, they'll be upping up the difficulty quite a bit. To those who thought KH2 was too easy... look no further.

ShadowKey101 said:
ANYWAY So isn't it funny that if Japanese fans get upset, he caters to them but if we get upset he keeps the Final Mix far away from us? Just saying.

Well obviously he'd care more for Japanese seeming how that's where he lives. I don't really care if they make a BBSFM because I can easily get it since PSP games are region free.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
Cool I guess. Maybe that plural in 'bosses' means we will get more than 1 new boss. Maybe the Lea battle?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Cool I guess. Maybe that plural in 'bosses' means we will get more than 1 new boss. Maybe the Lea battle?

lol, I can imagine that fight being about 10 seconds long to be honest. Well we know Terra and Aqua got 2 bosses in Radiant Garden so they may add another boss for Ven to even it up.

Pestilence

Awards
We try to offer something new because so much time has passed since the Japanese release, and a lot of fans already know all about the Japanese version through the internet. This is something we did for every numbered title in the series, and because we consider KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep an equivalent to a numbered title, we’ve added a few new elements.
Yeah! We sure got nice crossbows and magic triangle scope added to KH2 all right! :D

Well americans didnt have to wait too long but PAL-land sure did. They should have given us europeans the Final Mix version translated like with FF10 ;).

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
lol, I can imagine that fight being about 10 seconds long to be honest. Well we know Terra and Aqua got 2 bosses in Radiant Garden so they may add another boss for Ven to even it up.

Hopefully a Lea Boss in Radiant Gardens, A hercules boss in OC, and an evil queen boss in Dwarf Woodlands. They do that and i'll be fine.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Hopefully a Lea Boss in Radiant Gardens, A hercules boss in OC, and an evil queen boss in Dwarf Woodlands. They do that and i'll be fine.

They need an evil queen boss since we don't know how she died. The dwarves said when they were going to try and kill her, she was already dead. And they never explained who did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back