• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Nomura Interview Incoming This Week!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I think no secret movie is reasonable since we're getting 2-3 hours of Days. And if they include new information in Days... well then 8D

Sorarocks93

Awards
I think no secret movie is reasonable since we're getting 2-3 hours of Days. And if they include new information in Days... well then 8D

I guess you're right. Since we already know KH2.5 is coming.

Otherwise it's always the secret movie that keeps us on our edge for more news. But yeah...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
He says no secret ending, but will that stop Nomura from doing a teaser to 2.5 in 1.5? 8D

Bingo, that would be very Nomura-ish. ;P

He's pretty busy these months giving interviews, huh?

Nearly everything I hear makes me more excited for a western release though.
2 to 3 hours watching the story of Days, In HD...and finally get to play Re: CoM and the Final Mix.
I can already say that once I kicked Sephiroth's butt I will have Sora equipped with the One-Winged-Angel Keyblade most times, lol.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Bingo, that would be very Nomura-ish. ;P

He's pretty busy these months giving interviews, huh?

Nearly everything I hear makes me more excited for a western release though.
2 to 3 hours watching the story of Days, In HD...and finally get to play Re: CoM and the Final Mix.
I can already say that once I kicked Sephiroth's butt I will have Sora equipped with the One-Winged-Angel Keyblade most times, lol.

Xemnas says hi...

I doubt the One-Winged-Angel Keyblade is more powerfull than Ultima Weapon though.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
The One Winged Angel Keyblade is +8 strenght, -2 mp and the Ultima Weapon is +14 strength in FM, +2 MP, so yes, Ultima is better to have equipt :D

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Xemnas says hi...

I doubt the One-Winged-Angel Keyblade is more powerfull than Ultima Weapon though.

Ah yes, almost forgot the unknown.

Stat-wise it is not, as it even reduces your amount of MP, but in return it has an increased chance for more powerful critical hits which allow it to rival the Ultima in power.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Something to that effect, yeah. Maybe not a still, though. Something more like a really short trailer/commercial like thing.

Okay, something that shows a character moving or standimg in a HD scene and before you see their face, a quote from them appears.

Say KH2 Kairi was the teaser and her line

'Maybe, waiting isn't good enough'

Is in a black screen. Newcomers would wonder, 'who is this girl who looks like Kairi and why is waiting not enough'

Sounds better, right?

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Nomura-san Y U NO LAUGH!!! D:

Srsly though! Got me excited again! He pretty much confirmed HD Remix coming early in 2013 since its in final stages. So i expect a March release for Japan. He confirmed Snow for 13-3 lol and he said Versus is progressing and we could expect a follow up report! Yaaaay!

Well 2-3 hours for days sounds really nice. KH2 camera YES!!! Thank you Nomura-san + Osaka team

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
Because he will laugh in the full interview.

Sneaky Nomura-san is sneaky! Only laughing in full intereviews! :3

Playing KHFM with KH2 camera will feel so much better, trophies, adjustments to kh2 hud/control, HD. This collection MUST be bought. Hopefully we hear a ENG release date during Jump festa or i might even get the Jap ver just to have it

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
If one hasn't been posted, here is a hokanko summary translation!
Please credit hokanko, and kh13 and/or me!

Interview with Tetsuya Nomura, Director of Kingdom Hearts -HD 1.5 ReMIX-

Interview:
Sections from an interview with series director Mr Tetsuya Nomura.

-Plans for HD remaster were around before the FFX one. They consulted with the Osaka Team over whether they could do something to make best use of the PS3's performance.

-Actual development was kickstarted because one, the KH series had been spread over several consoles and two, in the series 10th year it had become difficult for new gamers to join in.

-HD remastering was very difficult, but two programmers from the Osaka Team spent close to a year on this and that and it came to fruition

-What he said he was researching in a previous interview was HD remastering for KH. The clips that have been released are thanks to the Osaka Team

-The programmers that handled the HD remastering were merged in from a team that hadn't been involved in the KH series up until now

-There are KH staff in the Tokyo Team too but there have been drastic changes, you could say that the basically unchanging lineup of the Osaka Team forms the true present staff for the series. The series is able to continue because of them

-Development for HD is basically in the final stages. He thought about perhaps remaking 358/2 Days as a game, but it would have taken over a year so he decided to give priority to the new title and instead have Days, necessary for inclusion, as a video volume

-You can select Days straight after starting the game

~~

-Some of Sora and the other's models have been replaced with the latest ones

-There is trophy support. He himself hasn't had much to do with the trophy feature, so he is still researching now as to what sort of content to include. Discussion over whether or not you'd need them for clearing worlds and first obtaining Keyblades etc is still underway

-The game controls have been adjusted a little to make them easier to use than they had been. Special commands display for the △ button, and camera controls have been made closer to the base ones in KHII. There aren't really any big additions. He'd like you to think of HD remastering and trophy support as all the additional components.

-There's no new secret movie

-He hasn't thought about making a bundle edition

-It would be unnatural to make 1.5 but not 2.5

-Work is entering the final stages and development is doing well, so it's planned for 2013 but he wants to deliver as soon as possible

~~

-Browser will be a typical browser game. Controls will be simple and using cards, content not strong on action (?). Co-operating with several people is also a feature

-Fundamentally it's for one person

-Development is not by the Osaka Team, it's somewhere else

-It will be a spin-off title, completely removed from the story of the main series. Because of the nature of a browser game, they couldn't put in any grand set up for the story

-There are new characters, but he won't say whether they will be involved in the main series

~~~

(stuff about TWEWY and FF)

-Xehanort Chronicle is formally called the 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicle*'. He definitely wants to prepare us before the conclusion of this.

There is also a comment from composer Ms Yoko Shimomura.

*Translation note: In past interviews and summaries this has been written in katakana, but here it is written in English letters exactly as 'Dark Seeker'. I'm not sure whether this is Nomura's own choice or hokanko's choice. Also, I'm not sure whether to take that with a grain of salt anyway, seeing as early magazines did first publish the 'Unversed' in BBS spelled in English letters as 'Unbirths' which turned out to have been either changed or a mistake. Seeker of Darkness is already a key term in the series so I'm going with that in my translations until localised information is released! The word I translated as 'chronicle' is still in Japanese, though, and it may be localised as something different such as 'saga' or 'series'. I think the word chronicle is the best translation though so I will be using that until a localised term is released.

Ok off to make dinner~

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
((are you serious, saw that and though that website was saying things we already knew, god damn it I'm worst staff ever urg pee'd off with myself))

Thanks Goldpanner, I'll add that in now! :)

Last edited:

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
*pets Chaser*

Stress less, petal! I always post it here anyway :3
Hehe, thank you. Nah, just annoyed at myself cause google translate did it's crap job and I looked at it and it didn't look like anything new x_x

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
(stuff about TWEWY and FF that I can translate later if anyone likes)
Ok off to make dinner~

Nomura finished new designs for Lightning and Snow for Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII -- the extent of his involvement with the game.

He wants to expand the universe of TWEWY at some point in the future, but wants people to enjoy the iOS version for now.

"Please wait for more Versus information."

Final Fantasy XIV PS3 has a hotbar configuration where you can easily activate abilities by holding the shoulder buttons.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
^Yep, and there was also this about KH, which I didn't see:

-Xehanort Chronicle is formally called the 'Seeker of Darkness Chronicle' (TN: perhaps Dark Seeker Chronicle). He definitely wants to prepare us before the conclusion of this.

There is also a comment from composer Ms Yoko Shimomura.

Ok now to make dinner for real how did it get 9:30pm already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back