• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Nomura Interview In Dengeki PS Magazine

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
The latest issue of Japanese gaming magazine Dengeki PS featured an interview with Kingdom Hearts developer Tetsuya Nomura where he spoke shortly about the new games in development. Thanks to FF7AC Reunion for typing up and sharing the interview! Please credit KH Insider if you cut and paste this translation elsewhere!

The development of the 3 new Kingdom Hearts titles unfold uniquely on their different platforms!​

---How is the development status of each of the KH titles?

Nomura:
About the mobile game, Kingdom Hearts Coded, it's development is progressing steadily. It's being tuned for operations suitable for the mobile phone, it's easily held in one hand and invigorating to play.

---As for the scenarios, what kind of development is going on?

Nomura:
Of the 3 titles, it is the only story taking place after Kingdom Hearts II, so in that way it becomes the most enigmatic of them. Will it feel close to Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories in that sense? Those who are familiar with the story will have a deeper understanding of the world of Kingdom Hearts.

In conjunction with Coded, Kingdom Hearts Mobile will begin this fall shortly. Content for it will be added on a regular basis. The portal site is intended to be something Kingdom Hearts fans won't want to miss.

---How is Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days coming along?

Nomura:
On the DS title, we wanted the multiplayer mode to be enjoyable for many people, not to become simply omake*, therefore it's become something everyone can play together. Even the opinion of the people who played the demo at the events was that the multiplayer mode was popular.

The keyword of this story is "I can't remember, something important." It's not mentioned very much, but the memory is very important to the members of Organization XIII since they don't have hearts, this story draws on that part since it's similar to the heart.

---What about the stories of the three main characters prepared for the PSP title, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep?

Nomura:
As for them, their stories begin at the same point on the time axis, but they take separate actions. The worlds they go to are generally the same places, but how they relate with the worlds is what really differs.

For example, after Terra has visited a world that no one has been to yet, afterwards when Ven comes to it, there is a trace of Terra having been there...... That's the feeling of it. The circumstance and information gained for each character is different.

*Omake means extra or bonus in Japanese, it refers to a free gift or feature that sometimes is more desired than the actual product it comes with.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
This sounds interesting.

Thanks BM. I don't know what we'd do without you. :3

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Thanks for this, bittermeat. :3
I liked the part about Terra arriving and Ven seeing a trace of Terra being there. It was interesting. I can't wait to see how all of the scenarios work together.

Dyingslow666

Awesome, specially with the trace of other characters in BBS being in those worlds, I (lessthan3) you =P

EDIT: I barely recognize .:Raz:. without the rataouie avatar on you 0_o (or however you spell his name >___<)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Awesome! Does that mean that we have to play as Terra first because of the trace? Probably not. Nice info Bitter!

Ren

adios motherfucker
Thank you bittermeat!
That bit about Coded makes me want to play it even more. :O
The whole part about there being traces of the characters visiting worlds makes me really intrigued. I wonder if the order you play the scenarios in will affect it?

Cissy

Bronze Member
Thank you bittermeat!
That bit about Coded makes me want to play it even more. :O
The whole part about there being traces of the characters visiting worlds makes me really intrigued. I wonder if the order you play the scenarios in will affect it?

I wouldn't think so; I think the storyline has the characters reach certain worlds at different times, so even if you started with Ven first, it would still show signs of Terra being there, since Terra visited that world before Ven did anyway (in other words, the order in which you play the scenarios won't make a difference to the plot, because each character has to reach a certain world at a specific time anyway.)

Though these are just inferences I'm making. :3

Dyingslow666

Well that would make sense (what CIssy said) but even though, if Ven goes to a world first then there should be signs of him, and aqua first should show signs of her, which would make it cooler and affect the outcome of the game maybe?

Ren

adios motherfucker
I wouldn't think so; I think the storyline has the characters reach certain worlds at different times, so even if you started with Ven first, it would still show signs of Terra being there, since Terra visited that world before Ven did anyway (in other words, the order in which you play the scenarios won't make a difference to the plot, because each character has to reach a certain world at a specific time anyway.)

Though these are just inferences I'm making. :3

I was thinking/fearing that, too.
But doing it like that kind of forces a person to want to play it in a pre-determined order, depending on if they know who visits what worlds first.
No, never mind. You're allowed to switch between characters in the middle of playing. I forgot. o.o
So I guess it's not much of a problem then.

Now that I think about it, I like your inference better than having it more customized.

Cissy

Bronze Member
I guess that way, you wouldn't have to replay the game a bajillon times to see every sign.

Ren

adios motherfucker
I guess that way, you wouldn't have to replay the game a bajillon times to see every sign.

That was mostly was I was afraid of.
It's not really a series that would rely too heavily on customizing scenes, though. The events tend to be really solid.
But yeah, your idea makes more sense. XDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back