• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

new name for unbirths

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cissy

Bronze Member
The judge doesn't need to know that.
But it's rather disturbing that people actually associated their theories about the new enemy with... that.
You should be blaming SE.

They started it all.

Watch the English translators call them "Ambers". Wactch them.

..Don't actually sue them though.

MX is a woman.
We already knew that.

We may want to change topic, though. This could turn into major spam.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
Well, it's never too late for my two cents, right?
you know how names change when they are translated into english. like shinigami is soulreaper in bleach. well maybe unbirths might be a little different. i was thinking somewhere around the lines between un-borns and de-borns. what do you think the name might be altered as?

The case with a word like 死神 (shinigami) is that its a part of the natural Japanese vocabulary, meaning it originated in Japan, therefore we can only use English words to describe it like 'soul reaper' or 'god of death'.

In the case of a word like アンバース (unbirths), it's written in an alphabet specified for foreign words, therefore it has a singular meaning shared in both Japanese and English (or other languages sometimes too). Notice something like the unbirths can't be written in kanji, just like heartless and nobodies don't use kanji to represent them. For example, this is how they appear in Japanese:

ハートレス = heartless
ノーバディ = nobody
アンバース = unbirths

So frankly, there is no other way of saying unbirths other than to say unbirths. Except like Noo Monkey mentioned, unbirths has the same katakana reading as ambers. So until someone official points out how it's suppose to be understood, it's up to us to guess. Personally I think unbirths make more sense in the context of Kingdom Hearts, so I stick by it.

Doesn't mean they might change it based on localization for America. Like others pointed out, unbirths leaves an unsavory connotation about unborn babies, so to censor our youth they might change it. Who knows, really. Unborns/deborns have the same connotations, therefore if they change things I doubt they'll go down that route.

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
But Bittermeat said that the name could be read as "Amber" or "Unbirth".

[qupte=Newb]also unbirth could have been a bit too accurate and could have a simpler translation
Yeah, because "Un-born" is soooo much different than "Unbirth".

No, it was written in Katakana, which means it's GOING to be Unbirths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back