• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Mickey Mouse Shorts

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
mickey-mouse-shorts.jpg
Disney's very own mascot Mickey Mouse will soon be starring in a new short-form series of 2D comedy cartoons.

With a style harkening back to the classic Mickey toons of the 1920s and '30s, each short will find Mickey in a different contemporary setting -- Santa Monica, New York, Paris, Beijing, Tokyo, Venice, the Alps and others -- facing silly situations, a quick complication and an escalation of physical and visual gags. The shorts will also feature other Disney favorites like Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto.

"By bringing Mickey's comedic adventures to life with vitality, humor, inventiveness and charm, the entire Disney Television Animation team of artists, animators and directors have worked to capture the essence of what Walt Disney himself created 85 years ago," said Gary Marsh, president and CCO of Disney Channels Worldwide.

Emmy Award-winning artist and director Paul Rudish (Dexter's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls) is the executive producer and director. Aaron Springer (SpongeBob SquarePants, Gravity Falls) and Clay Morrow (Dexter's Laboratory, The Powerpuff Girls) are directors, and Joseph Holt (The Powerpuff Girls) is the art director. The series is produced under the supervision of senior vice presidents Eric Coleman and Lisa Salamone at Walt Disney Television Animation (TVA).

The 19-episode project will debut Friday, June 28, on Disney Channel, Disney.com and WATCH Disney Channel, among other platforms.

IGN

The first short, Croissant de Triomphe

This is extremely cute and I love that they are going for unique animation styles and locations.

Last edited:

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Looking at mickey mouse now after playing the kh series, i no longer see the cute, lovable icon of disney. I see a keyblade master. Great short nonetheless

Gram

Banned
Awards
Had me at Dexters laboratory~
lol Havent seen a mickey short since house of mouse. Love that art style.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
this is one of disney's best ideas in the last several years

hype

edit: ok i just actually saw the short and everything about it is beautiful

such a breath of fresh air

Last edited:

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
Omg YES. 1920s Mickey is my favorite design for him, and the people involved have me really excited. :D

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
What a cute idea! I'm excited to see some of these. :3

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
After watching the short, I gotta say: Mickey, my pal, you've never looked better. Welcome back~ <3

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Amazing! The artstyle kinda reminds me of the 101 Dalmatians animated movie! Can't wait to see more (hopefully they'll do new Donald and Goofy shorts as well!)

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
It keeps moving me to the Belgian Disney page and I can't find it. :( I'd been looking forward to it after a rather disappointing day...

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
It keeps moving me to the Belgian Disney page and I can't find it. :( I'd been looking forward to it after a rather disappointing day...

It was on YT for a little while, but it looks like the video's been taken down and the new one that's listed has been blocked by disney :/

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
Super cool! And really fitting that they set the first short in France, as there's been a sort of animation renaissance going on in France for the past couple years, resulting in some absolutely amazing shorts.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

Yeah, it moved me to the Belgian page as well. Found it on Youtube though, although it was in French but they didn't do much talking anyways haha

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Yeah, it moved me to the Belgian page as well. Found it on Youtube though, although it was in French but they didn't do much talking anyways haha

I found that it. Didn't bother me much seeing as they're in France anyway.
Loved it. Especially that cameo. Came right out of nowhere.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Uh, yeah, they speak french in the short normally.

Now we wait for a How-To cartoon with Goofy.

TheFelineFive

I enjoy how they are mixing it up with new styles. I also love how they are making more cartoons. There are not enough Mickey Mouse shorts! I feel that cartoon shorts are great because they are not too long and they leave room for writers and animators to get really creative because nothing has a permanent outcome. These new ones look really cool. I look forward to seeing more.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
i dont understand why disney has to lock me out of watching cartoons with this country redirect bs :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back