• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Macbook Air

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
I would like to know what you guys think of Apple's new laptop Macbook Air. I personally think it is amazing being the thinnest in the world (thickest end thinner then 2nd thinnest laptop) and still being fast, full of memory, full screen, full keyboard, and still a good battery (more then bubble battery life then the 2nd thinnest laptop). This truly is new and greater tech and I still believe Mac is better than PC now more then ever. The only negative some people say is the no disc drive but, who needs a disk drive? Movies are on iTunes, music is on iTunes, backup discs are no longer need thanks to wireless backup using Time Machine, and you can install and use software wirelessly. Discs me no likey.

Last edited:

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Uh, thinness really makes no difference. By this point, you're just splitting hairs.

And having worked with both a current generation Mac and a current generation PC, I'd suggest saving yourself a few thousand dollars and passing by on the mac.

~Dorian Gray

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
Yeah the price is still less then many of the other laptop's out there (Macbook Air is $1700) and its better. As far as breaking it, it is very hard but still only 3lbs.

Last edited:

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
As far as breaking it, it is very hard but still only 3lbs

Again, nothing special about thinness. I've got a three year old iBook that weighs at least three times that, and I'm just fine with it.

Well, I actually don't like it just because of the software, but whatever.

As for the lack of a disc drive, this could conceivably be a problem for the RIAA. Music quality on iTunes is shit compared to what you get on a cd, so this'll only help to push purists to torrent music. I see the lack of a drive, and as a result, a thiner computer, as more of gimmick than anything else. And a large, potential problem.

~Dorian Gray

square-enix

Pederast
Website
www.newsvine.com
The majority of notebooks are $400-$1000. Their processor and memory alone topples what the $1700 version Macbook has to offer.
For the $1700 model, you're getting 1.6 GHz and 2GB RAM (It also only offers 80GB of storage). Something that could set me back a mere $80 if it were a PC. If I wanted a 500GB harddrive for my PC, that would only be an extra $100.

Now the $3000 Macbook Air gives you an additional .2 GHz making it go up to 1.8 GHz. It goes further and actually reduces your harddrive space to 64GB. WOW! Bang for your buck, right?

I also only saw one USB plug available. Handy~

Edit: Screw the post. He doesn't even read.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
iTunes quality used to be bad but, they have fixed that. CDs will soon be a thing of the past even the music, movie, and software industries agree.

Uh, lol, as an audiophile and cinemaphile, I can tell you the above statement is total bullshit.

~Dorian Gray

D

Destiny of Sora

Also, from what I've heard it's impossible to upgrade the computer, such as add RAM. So what you see is what you get, forever, until you buy something new.

Daniel Faraday

you fucking...FUCK
Of course I don't know what I'm talking about, because of course you have to be correct.

In five years, maybe the cd will be outdated, and maybe EVERYTHING will be available totally by internet. However, that hasn't happened yet. So, at this present moment, they're sacrificing quality by adding in a little more pizzaz.

Shame :\

~Dorian Gray

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
You can upgrade over the internet or with software (if it is a huge update), as far as adding memory and ram you can add it yourself or bring it to Mac and have them do it, they just place more memory/ram in there.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Give me 15 seconds and I'll find a computer more powerful than the Macbook Air

Found it

Newegg.com

Bigger screen, bigger hard-drive, more RAM, an actual DVD-RW disc drive, several USB ports, longer battery life, and a whole...what? $1,000 cheaper?

And from what I've read: no, you will not be able to get hardware upgrades to the Air, because the small design uses proprietary parts, you won't be able to add anything because it won't fit in the computer.

Last edited:

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
Really you think that well, I just read, listen, and learn. Sorry but, in this case I know I am right however, I am not saying that that Mac is the greatest, personally I think the Macbook Pro is the greatest and I love mine. I am just saying that the Macbook Air is really cool and large innovation. I mean come on you have to agree Apple is doing well, Leopard beat Vista by a long shot even though Microsoft copied a lot of Apple's ideas.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
How did anything that you just said prove you right at all?

Innovations typically do things to advance the medium, not put limitations on it for the sake of being pretty and petite. The Air is a step back in technology and a step forward in having a computer match your purse.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
Apple is about innovations in ease and organization. Evidence in this is Leopard making things to easy and organized and even Microsoft has copied many of its ideas. As far as the Air is concerned I think it is just something for looks and to say we have thinnest and sleekest laptop with a good amount of power to boot and people will buy it just to say they have it.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Yep. It's beautiful.
However, $1800-3000? No thanks. You're paying for the thinness. The MacBook Pro is a better deal.

Just like the iPhone, it's pretty, and you may be cool if you buy one, but there are phones that do more/are more practical for less.

Apple's too big-headed for my liking. Their new Mac commercial where the PC was like "lol 2007 sucked for me I suck Vista sucks blah blah blah" was just way too critical. Sales show that Vista has sold considerably last year, and with the new service pack on the way fixing most of its issues, Apple better cool its head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back