• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

new light on "let's take the raft and go! just the two of us!"trust me it makes her look 200x better

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
new light on "let's take the raft and go! just the two of us!"trust me it makes her look 200x better

before that she said

"riku's changed.." or something along those lines

i think when she says this, she knows/feels that riku's been getting deeper into the darkness.. maybe its cuz her heart is of pure light.. but it just lets her know that he somehow seems darker

before this though, in the "thanks to you kairi i never would have thought of any of this" scene w/ riku wanting to leave and his thoughts..

i guess cuz of that, kairi knew that he was delving into darkness/or will soon/ so that is why she wished she could tell sora somehow about it, so that riku would be normal again.. but she can't cuz idk so she tells sora "lets take the raft and go ! just the two of us!" as in a way to be able to not let riku take the raft and thus sending him into darkness...

idk but that's how i see it..

as if she's trying to save a friend from a sad fate, but since she's kairi she says those words as hints? she doesn't want riku to delve into any further temptation..

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
Re: new light on "let's take the raft and go! just the two of us!"trust me it makes her look 200x be

This thread is reminding me how much I miss the old Kairi, her humorous personality, and her very clear understanding of the characters such as "Riku has changed". I don't think she ever saw it coming but I think she's just very inclined to the story her grandmother told her.

ZiggyK

Re: new light on "let's take the raft and go! just the two of us!"trust me it makes her look 200x be

That's a very good theory, mostly as to the definition behind 'Riku has changed'.

You'll probably be ripped apart by the haters and this'll turn into another debate but whatever.

This thread is reminding me how much I miss the old Kairi, her humorous personality, and her very clear understanding of the characters such as "Riku has changed".

I miss Kairi too, onee-chan.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

she still is i bet. but everytime we saw in kh2, we were in the middle of something important. she cant be acting cute and funny atm since either shes in dangerkidnapped, trying to escape dungeon, finding sora,reuniting him with riku, ect. so really, in kh2 there was no real appropriate time to be acting cute and shit.

ZiggyK

she still is i bet. but everytime we saw in kh2, we were in the middle of something important. she cant be acting cute and funny atm since either shes in dangerkidnapped, trying to escape dungeon, finding sora,reuniting him with riku, ect. so really, in kh2 there was no real appropriate time to be acting cute and shit.

She was cute in KH1 despite being kidnapped.

Awards

I kind of always thought of it like thar, actually.
As a Princess of Heart, she has a natural aversion of darkness, so she subconsciously grew wary of Riku. She isn't acting that way to intentionally give Riku the cold shoulder. And if anything, he deserved it at the time.

ZiggyK

And if anything, he deserved it at the time.

I don't think he knew what he was doing in bad. Hell, in CoM and KH2 it is hinted that the dark is no bad nor worse than the light, and completly is natural. Just because people use darkness to take over the realm of light doesn't make it inherintly bad. Afterall, Riku uses the darkness throughout the series and every heart as darkness in it, with the exception 7 certain maidens.

Awards

None of what you said excuses him from being the asshole that willingly destroyed his own home. Darkness wasn't what made Riku bad there, it was what he chose to do.

ZiggyK

None of what you said excuses him from being the asshole that willingly destroyed his own home. Darkness wasn't what made Riku bad there, it was what he chose to do.

I don't think he new what he was doing. He was trying to escape, he didn't know that he'd destroy anything.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne

You'll probably be ripped apart by the haters and this'll turn into another debate but whatever.
Ripped apart by people like me? No way! I've been clinging onto the OP's idea because it makes more sense for Kairi's pure heart to cause her to be wary of Riku, than say, hating him for no reason at all. But isn't all this confirmed in an interview or the KH1 Ultimania?

As a Princess of Heart, she has a natural aversion of darkness,
And yet she hugged Sora in his Heartless form. I'm still not clear about that. She is afraid of Riku's descent into darkness, but she has no qualms about hugging a creature reeking of darkness? Not criticizing her, just wondering why.

Me too. The KH1 Kairi at least.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D

Ripped apart by people like me? No way! I've been clinging onto the OP's idea because it makes more sense for Kairi's pure heart to cause her to be wary of Riku, than say, hating him for no reason at all. But isn't all this confirmed in an interview or the KH1 Ultimania?

And yet she hugged Sora in his Heartless form. I'm still not clear about that. She is afraid of Riku's descent into darkness, but she has no qualms about hugging a creature reeking of darkness? Not criticizing her, just wondering why.

Me too. The KH1 Kairi at least.
Instinct maybe? Subconsciously her PoH powers were telling her to stay away from Riku. While she could sense something of Sora inside the heartless??? IDK.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards

You could be right. I'm not sure about this one.

Wonderglow

I thought that was a given? (0_o)

Awards

I don't think he new what he was doing. He was trying to escape, he didn't know that he'd destroy anything.

Uh, the only time he ever showed any remorse for destroying Destiny Islands wasn't until CoM, so even if he didn't know it would destroy DI as he was doing it, he certainly got the picture afterward. The fact that he didn't care until CoM speaks volumes.

I'm not sure why you're defending him.
Sora says it best in Monstro.

Sora: Heart or no heart, at least he still has a conscience.

Riku: Conscience?

Sora: You might not hear it, but right now it’s loud and clear. And it’s
telling me you’re on the wrong side!

Kupo

ughhh theres so much to repsond to!

riku has never been off the island, so he didnt really know much about the ways of hearts. i think he just found something interesting and wanted more, without knowing it was bad.

The fact that he didn't care until CoM speaks volumes.
nah uh! he cared at the end of kh1, he closed the door with king mickey, and he cared during the final fight with ansem, as he was trying to escape :p

well, its even said in the cut-scene that she knew it was him, if not: they both(sora and kairi) knew that there was always light in the darkness. for sora, that light was kairi, and kairi, being a PoH, knows the difference between dark and light, so even though sora became a heartless, his conscience still remained (another cut-scene) PLUS you can control "it" as if it were still sora

overall, i never thought about kairi's words like that, so kupos to you. now you have me thinking

i also. so happy go-lucky...

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com

She was cute in KH1 despite being kidnapped.
yeah like when she say "no, I won't let him go" but then that's also the only time I can recall her being in that situation but still... she not close to the same Kairi in any matter in KH II and it hurts... :( (to those who don't agree take the scene with Riku/Ansem and Sora holding hands for example and her acting and look overall is just changed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back