• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New KOTOR In The Works! [disproved as false]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards
Hotel In Traverse Town, Trying To Sneak Out Withou
It appears that Bioware is working on a new "sequel" (You never know with the Star Wars franchise, could be a prequel) to the great Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games, but not as an MMO:

PSU said:
BioWare at work on a new KOTOR
Posted on February 13th, 2008 at 02:14 EDT
It's being reported that during the EA analyst report made earlier yesterday, it would seem that BioWare and Lucasarts are hard at work on making yet another sequel for Knights of the Old Republic.

As most of us are aware the franchise Knights of the Old Republic was a huge success throughout the last generation. Gamers united in unison in order to praise this game for everything it offered. If this rumor is true and correct, considering the report given, then it looks like fans of the series have a new shining ray of hope to look forward to again.

EA also announced that they were also in the market of creating not only a new Lord of the Rings title, but also confirmed a new MMO for the company as well.

This is a RUMOR, so don't get your hopes up too high. I'm hoping it becomes multi but either way, this is great news! Even if its not really confirmed, some news is better than no news.

Link: BioWare at work on a new KOTOR :: PlayStation Universe (PSU)

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns
Re: New KOTOR In The Works!

So wait this wont just be for the computer and 360 then?????? If so then i am so gettign it cause lightsaber action way to awesome. That reminds me i cant wait for the Force Unleashed. Also dont want to burst your bubble twilight but Super sort of reported on this awhile ago just we had to guess what game they were possibly making.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards

I thought that was only the whole MMO thing. If it was specificly a new KOTOR, then I will gladly get this moved to that thread. Oh and it hasn't been confirmed on what systems it'll be on, I was just saying I hoped it would turn out to be multi, it probably won't though.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH

^It would probably go Multiplatform. What do you think, Bioware is Square Enix or something? They have intelligence.

blinkboy211

A boy nobody owns

It could alot of companys rather go multi cause they dont have to tie themselves down to one system as well as the multi games tend to do better than a plain exclusive. But we will see in the future.

Twilight93

Bronze Member
Awards

PSU said:
UPDATE: This rumor has been debunked and the listing in the analyst report is actually describing notable games from the studio's past.
From what I can understand from this and a comment left by the writer of the article:
DaveW said:
News is updated guys. Rumor sprung from a misinterpretation.
it was a misunderstanding and won't be happening anytime soon. I'm very sorry, I'm really disappointed as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back