• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS III Re:Mind trailer releasing next week

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I'm confused about the Trailer Release Time, everyone's saying it comes on the 10th but I'm seeing some people saying it's coming tomorrow on the 9th.

Midnight on the 10th in Japan, which may be the 9th where you live. Regardless, it's in about 23 hours and 30 minutes.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
t1568041200z4.png

SweetYetSalty

Awards
We got ourselves a countdown! I haven't been this excited since waiting for Kingdom Hearts 3. I must say, when we do get ReMind I'm going to miss the hype and excitement of waiting for new news. The waits can be long but imo it's some of the best times in the KH community too.

Xagzan

Awards
If we're talking about things we'd like to see in this DLC, I have a few thoughts too.

More than anything else I just want more character interactions. Those scenes were where KH3 really shined, but for many of the cast it wasn't enough. Namine had exactly zero dialogue with anyone but Sora. Her playing with Xion at the end was nice, but not nearly enough. Have her and Kairi and Xion talk together. Xion, Axel and Roxas also didn't get any deep interactions after they were reunited. Roxas and Ven had that funny moment where they see each other, but it was only a second, need more of that! And more of TAV interacting with everyone else too! Playing ultimate frisbee was fine and dandy but I want so much morrrrre.

My go to comparison for that sort of thing is the Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC, which was just, ugh, so brilliant. So perfect. Mixing combat missions with a big old party where everyone who ever served under you on the Normandy gets to hang out and interact and get totally plastered

I mean frisky

I mean possibly steal things from your apartment Kasumi I'm watching you

Next thing. From the trailer, we know about the other playable characters in the final boss gauntlet. Well I think there should totally be a Kairi vs. Master Xehanort fight. Even if it's one of those doomed boss battles where you win but then you get knocked out after, at least it would let her get to take some damn action, not treat her like a helpless prop.

Last thing I can think of is another round in the final battle. We got to fight epic, giant versions of Ansem and Xemnas in KH1 and 2, but where the heck was our giant MX? A giant-fused-with-KH-old-man fight? I loved those boss battles in the other games and was disappointed there was nothing like it here.

I also wouldn't mind getting new bgm for it. It was kind of a big letdown during every round of the final battle to just hear Rage Awakened over and over and over again. Plus it made no musical sense. Would've loved some awesome blend of Destati, Xehanort's theme/Key of Darkness, Dearly Beloved, some mix like that.

Anyway, that's stuff I'd include if I was in charge of the DLC. And I expect exactly zero of those to happen 😅

NoWay

Awards
I don’t know why but I’m a bit worried about that DLC. I don’t know what to expect and hope that they nail it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I don’t know why but I’m a bit worried about that DLC. I don’t know what to expect and hope that they nail it.
They pretty much nailed the DLC for me with KH1, 2, and BbS so I’m not that worried, but I’m still very worried at what they’re going to add through story (aka more Union x tie ins rather than KH3 story expansions / development)

HakaishinChampa

Awards
So I guess it is coming tomorrow for me, I personally hope that we get a release date.

Whatever we see, I'll be excited: I'm just happy to see more Kingdom Hearts content.

CDD

Awards
10th in Japan, and 9th here in North America. Time zones are much like world lines.
I'm confused about the Trailer Release Time, everyone's saying it comes on the 10th but I'm seeing some people saying it's coming tomorrow on the 9th.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
They pretty much nailed the DLC for me with KH1, 2, and BbS so I’m not that worried, but I’m still very worried at what they’re going to add through story (aka more Union x tie ins rather than KH3 story expansions / development)
Lol, it's a bit too late for that don't ya think? Pretty much everything we've seen of the added story content seems to be centered around esteblishing more Union X connections (Ex. Tying MoM into Xehanort's origin story, not!Luxord asking Luxu who he really is, etc.).

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
If we're talking about things we'd like to see in this DLC, I have a few thoughts too.

More than anything else I just want more character interactions. Those scenes were where KH3 really shined, but for many of the cast it wasn't enough. Namine had exactly zero dialogue with anyone but Sora. Her playing with Xion at the end was nice, but not nearly enough. Have her and Kairi and Xion talk together. Xion, Axel and Roxas also didn't get any deep interactions after they were reunited. Roxas and Ven had that funny moment where they see each other, but it was only a second, need more of that! And more of TAV interacting with everyone else too! Playing ultimate frisbee was fine and dandy but I want so much morrrrre.

My go to comparison for that sort of thing is the Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC, which was just, ugh, so brilliant. So perfect. Mixing combat missions with a big old party where everyone who ever served under you on the Normandy gets to hang out and interact and get totally plastered

I mean frisky

I mean possibly steal things from your apartment Kasumi I'm watching you

Next thing. From the trailer, we know about the other playable characters in the final boss gauntlet. Well I think there should totally be a Kairi vs. Master Xehanort fight. Even if it's one of those doomed boss battles where you win but then you get knocked out after, at least it would let her get to take some damn action, not treat her like a helpless prop.

Last thing I can think of is another round in the final battle. We got to fight epic, giant versions of Ansem and Xemnas in KH1 and 2, but where the heck was our giant MX? A giant-fused-with-KH-old-man fight? I loved those boss battles in the other games and was disappointed there was nothing like it here.

I also wouldn't mind getting new bgm for it. It was kind of a big letdown during every round of the final battle to just hear Rage Awakened over and over and over again. Plus it made no musical sense. Would've loved some awesome blend of Destati, Xehanort's theme/Key of Darkness, Dearly Beloved, some mix like that.

Anyway, that's stuff I'd include if I was in charge of the DLC. And I expect exactly zero of those to happen 😅
Kairi vs. Master Xehanort post-kidnapping and pre-Sora killing Xemnas/Ansem/Young Xehanort would be great. It could explain why she is unconscious. The fight could happen after Xemnas delivers her to Master Xehanort -- he might even mention something MoM related about her (like she's one of the people from the past and give some specific reason why he chose her besides intensifying the Sora/Kairi ship). Kairi attacks Master Xehanort and they have a fight (which she wins), but then Xemnas/Ansem/Young Xehanort sneak attack her and knock her out.

Although... that would be great, the logic would be lacking because it would mean the last key was already summoned and he wouldn't need to kill her.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Xagzan Holy crap, friend. You're absolutely right! We do need a Kairi versus Master Xehanort fight, even if it's one you of course lose story-wise. That was on my list, but I forgot it until you brought it up. Bless you. Please let us have it, and let it be like Destiny-Islanders' comic here.
And on your list of more interactions we need, can we have Terra and Riku? And Riku and Roxas probably still hating each other? LOL I appreciated the three of them racing each other in the ending, but I need more. More, I tell you. More!

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
The fight could happen after Xemnas delivers her to Master Xehanort -- he might even mention something MoM related about her (like she's one of the people from the past and give some specific reason why he chose her besides intensifying the Sora/Kairi ship).
I really hope that isn't the case tbh. This series doesn't need to connect any more of it's main characters to ancient times to give them relevance. It's such a mechanical and forced way of expanding their stories, and it's become trite at this point. Really, the best reasons would be her lack of strength, and her status as PoH. (Grant it, she probably lost that status after being felled by the darkness not once, but twice. And for the same reason as the original other six in KH1).

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I hope we get a couple scenes explaining the weird gap between Ansem kidnapping Ansem to them at the old mansion. The scenes are done like they're meant to have happened right after the other, but there's obviously no possible way that can be.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
@Face My Fears I actually wouldn't mind some Master of Masters and Kairi scenes. Because... as much as I'm also done with characters being the same people, I'm not pretending that I don't think there's some connection between Kairi and Ava (though it doesn't have to be that they're the same person. And maybe there isn't. I've also seen the "Ava is 'Darkness'" and "Skuld has Ava's heart" theories). Moreover... I've had theories about how if they wanted to explain away some of why Kairi failed in KHIII, and make it less bed--since there's rightfully been so much backlash about it on the Internet--they could say how she's actually really powerful, and her medals in KHUX are proof of that (which are canon to the series)... but perhaps too powerful. And maybe the Master of Masters or someone put a lock on her abilities because of that. IDK. OR maybe the Master of Masters could want to help her reach her full potential, as seen in her medals, because it helps him somehow. I'd actually prefer that--and have given it some thought myself--because I think Xehanort and the Master of Masters will be opposites in some ways, so if Xehanort killed her maybe the Master of Masters would want to help her (for his own gain, but still). But I'm aware this is all a pipe dream, since Nomura doesn't care about Kairi. LOL

@Twilight Lumiair I could easily be wrong about this, but I feel like Nomura wouldn't have gone to the trouble of putting Kairi on the Princess of Heart roster again--when he kicked everyone else off--if he was going to rip that status away from her at the end of this game. And Kairi definitely didn't lose her powers the first time she died, at least. Actually, the Journal says it was her Princess of Heart powers that allowed her to save Sora... This isn't confirmed at all, but it still seems to me that the reason the other Princess' lost their status was either because they gave it up (probably this. Doesn't KHIII maybe even elude to it at one point? I think Sora mentions Kairi hasn't given hers up?), or for being in the Keyblade of People's Hearts that unlocked Hollow Bastion's Keyhole in KH1. Kairi's heart not being in it yet might have saved her from losing her status then, if that theory is true.

And also... Some have talked about Kairi losing her Princess of Heart status over the years, and it always brings on a quick rebuttal that to many she wouldn't even seem like Kairi anymore, if that happened. I'm not saying Nomura couldn't do this, if he really wanted to--and if a guilty Kairi is going to be a thing in the next game, maybe he will and give her another reason to be depressed so we're really developing Kairi in a way we've never seen before--but I also think it could be a delicate matter he might not want to touch with a ten foot pole. Especially since I kind of think her being a Princess of Hearts has been why he's given up writing her some in the past: because he doesn't know how to write an original character with a heart of pure light, and is almost too afraid to try.

Edit: EdDaWiz on YouTube brought up the point that maybe some of the DLC could have Ventus, Marluxia, Demyx, Luxord, and Larxene remembering the KHUX era. And that's a valid point.

Last edited:

SweetYetSalty

Awards
Kairi vs. Master Xehanort post-kidnapping and pre-Sora killing Xemnas/Ansem/Young Xehanort would be great. It could explain why she is unconscious. The fight could happen after Xemnas delivers her to Master Xehanort -- he might even mention something MoM related about her (like she's one of the people from the past and give some specific reason why he chose her besides intensifying the Sora/Kairi ship). Kairi attacks Master Xehanort and they have a fight (which she wins), but then Xemnas/Ansem/Young Xehanort sneak attack her and knock her out.

Although... that would be great, the logic would be lacking because it would mean the last key was already summoned and he wouldn't need to kill her.

If by some chance they do add a Kairi vs old man Xehanort fight, it's almost 98% certain Kairi will lose. The only ways I could see Kairi winning is if Xehanort actually wants to lose and never summons his Keyblade or if some unknown POH power activates in her. Though I feel that would just do more harm to the character then good.

Kairi is in a tough spot playable wise. Other then some random Heartless there is nobody she can win against. All 13 Organization members are beyond her. Unless ReMind is really going to change the events of the Keyblade Graveyard that is. That's a popular theory.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
If by some chance they do add a Kairi vs old man Xehanort fight, it's almost 98% certain Kairi will lose. The only ways I could see Kairi winning is if Xehanort actually wants to lose and never summons his Keyblade or if some unknown POH power activates in her. Though I feel that would just do more harm to the character then good.

Kairi is in a tough spot playable wise. Other then some random Heartless there is nobody she can win against. All 13 Organization members are beyond her. Unless ReMind is really going to change the events of the Keyblade Graveyard that is. That's a popular theory.

Or maybe if we get the part of Sora saving Kairi at the end of the game, she can do something to help there: like if there's somehow something trying to keep them in the Final World like the Lich. IDK. Or... though it probably wouldn't be fighting (unless they fast forward and give us a playable part in Shibuya and Shinjuku and Kairi is there), we could get an extended version of the ending, where she stands up and decides she isn't going to sit back and is going to go save Sora right now and has the Wild Card in hand: perhaps something like that could help her character some.

Also... how long until the trailer, guys? And sorry for all the posts in this thread--and other ones tonight--I'm just super hype for this trailer, and it's showing.

Xagzan

Awards

Bah, who needs logic in KH lol. Besides, isn't the key only summoned once a fighter is destroyed? Even though he knocks her out offscreen, the key still doesn't form until he strikes her down, so a fight in between shouldn't be incongruous with that.

@Xagzan Holy crap, friend. You're absolutely right! We do need a Kairi versus Master Xehanort fight, even if it's one you of course lose story-wise. That was on my list, but I forgot it until you brought it up. Bless you. Please let us have it, and let it be like Destiny-Islanders' comic here.
And on your list of more interactions we need, can we have Terra and Riku? And Riku and Roxas probably still hating each other? LOL I appreciated the three of them racing each other in the ending, but I need more. More, I tell you. More!

Holy forking shirt balls that comic is awesome. Oh man I almost wish I hadn't seen that, now it's 10 billion percent what I want and I'm gonna be mad when it doesn't happen.

Just...RESIST, Kairi for god's sake! Let her resist, Nomura!

redcrown

Awards

This was my fear of what KH3 would do before it came out, and then it proved it right.

At this point I would 100% expect it, just so that when it does it won't be as disappointing, and if not then it's a welcomed surprise.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Honestly, a cutscene between Kairi/Xehanort during the kidnapping time (and what led to her becoming unconscious) would be enough. As much as I would love playable Kairi in the fight against Axel and a fight against Xion or Master Xehanort, I don't think it's happening. I just really hope Kairi gets more cutscenes (this is why Hayden should have been called back because they wouldn't have hired her to say barely anything and just scream/grunt when being kidnapped).

Side note: The trailer will be released onto YouTube right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back