• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS III Re:Mind trailer releasing next week

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Because UX is both a retelling and continuation of Chi. So it makes sense for them to finally retell the events of the Keyblade War. There hasn’t been an official playable version of the Keyblade War available for the West since browser Chi was for Japanese players only, so this is the first time many will get to experience this part of the story if they haven’t been following along with translations.

Ah true, I completely forgot that we never actually got to experience it firsthand. I've followed Chi and Unchained X as well as playing a bit myself for so long that I'm thinking from a lore perspective and not from a new mobile player's POV.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I know a lot of us are trying to keep our expectations in check because of varying reasons, but what are y’all excited to see in next week’s trailer?

I personally have a very secret desire to see playable Xehanort. I’ll never let it die. My heart won’t let go. 😭

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I know a lot of us are trying to keep our expectations in check because of varying reasons, but what are y’all excited to see in next week’s trailer?

I personally have a very secret desire to see playable Xehanort. I’ll never let it die. My heart won’t let go. 😭

- New battle portals (with boss replays and new mobs.)
- New enemies, particularly the Nobodies for Vexen, Aeleus, and Ienzo.
- Any unrevealed new playable characters.
- Release date
- Unlikely, but there will be tears of joy if there’s an FF cameo teased.

Last edited:

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

Realistically:
-A new playable character
-New Demyx scene
-More Ansem and Xemnas because they're beautiful and deserved more.
-Maybe a secret boss

Unrealistically:
tumblr_prs2pldrnT1tka4xdo2_250.gif

*cries*

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I'm torn on whether I want to watch the trailer (in fear of being spoiled) or to just get the release date and wait for it.

On a side note, I'm hoping that ReMIND will at least have:
Face My Faces (Orchestra Version) to be used in some capacity - whether it be the intro or end credits.
More boss fights (including Leon/Yuffie/Sephiroth/Cloud, also a cutscene with them after)
A Coliseum mode in Olympus
Lots more story cutscenes that enhance KH3's story (like showing us the fight between Axel/Kairi or how Xion came back or more Xehanort stuff)
More summons (I know they wouldn't add more to the Disney worlds, but I feel like this is a plausible way to add more Disney... not having Genie as a summon is so weird and they could throw in some KH1 partners as summons like Peter Pan or Jack Skellington)
A mode to play through the whole game as another character (cutscenes revert to Sora)

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
Realistically:
-A new playable character
-New Demyx scene
-More Ansem and Xemnas because they're beautiful and deserved more.
-Maybe a secret boss

Unrealistically:
tumblr_prs2pldrnT1tka4xdo2_250.gif

*cries*

This post makes me want to go and buy the FFVIII Remastered game right now.

But you know, given how much we've said we wanted FF cameos in Kingdom Hearts, maybe they might throw us a bone for ReMIND. They seem to be listening in terms of what we'd like to see, and I think that's pretty good reason for optimism.

Of course, not saying that FF cameos are likely at all, BUT I'm hoping that at least the Restoration Committee at least gets a mention somewhere in the DLC. You don't even have to have Leon show up necessarily, just say "Oh, the gang is too busy making sure Radiant Garden is running smoothly, but Leon sends his regards." Boom.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This post makes me want to go and buy the FFVIII Remastered game right now.

But you know, given how much we've said we wanted FF cameos in Kingdom Hearts, maybe they might throw us a bone for ReMIND. They seem to be listening in terms of what we'd like to see, and I think that's pretty good reason for optimism.

Of course, not saying that FF cameos are likely at all, BUT I'm hoping that at least the Restoration Committee at least gets a mention somewhere in the DLC. You don't even have to have Leon show up necessarily, just say "Oh, the gang is too busy making sure Radiant Garden is running smoothly, but Leon sends his regards." Boom.

While I’d agree, this is what they did with Seifer and his crew apparently (I’ve never got the dialogue to trigger so I can’t actually say if it happened or not) and it felt kinda lame to just hear about them rather than them making models to have them stand around somewhere.

The staff even made the base for the models of some FF characters and got mad that they didn’t get to use them, so it’d be better if they actually used them this time around

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Think that ReMIND will expand on Maleficent and Pete? Possibly on their plans for the next saga after their brief appearance in the epilogue

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Playable Kairi or new Disney content, which is least likely to happen? :p

disney233

Awards
All of these atp seems MAJOLY unrealistic. If they didn't throw a FF bone in DDD or 3, then I sincerely doubt they'll do it now. The likely hood of more Disney worlds....just becsuse is a stupid thought as well. Forgive me for being the Negative Nancy here, but at most more playable characters and potetially data bosses and something like Mushrooms is likely.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
All of these atp seems MAJOLY unrealistic. If they didn't throw a FF bone in DDD or 3, then I sincerely doubt they'll do it now. The likely hood of more Disney worlds....just becsuse is a stupid thought as well. Forgive me for being the Negative Nancy here, but at most more playable characters and potetially data bosses and something like Mushrooms is likely.

Literally KH3 is chock full of FF references. You can't fly a Gummi Ship without literally flying a FF reference or explore Toy Box without one. I'd say they've thrown them a lot of bones. Asking for them to make use of content that was in development when they were making the game isn't really out of the question when it was the largest complaint about KH3 by fans on both sides of the love/hate spectrum.

KH3D was going to have FF characters but they decided to go for something a bit different since they've always mulled over the idea of including characters from other SE franchises (ever since KH1 in fact) and TWEWY being under their business division's blanket and a lot of the KH3D staff had worked on TWEWY before, they figured it was the best choice.

The only thing that went wrong was that Nomura thought that the fans didn't want to see FF characters because there were so many FF crossover products on the market like World of Final Fantasy, Brave Exvius, Record Keeper, and Dissidia. That's it. This hasn't been about the staff not wanting them, especially when the staff worked on models for FF characters and got mad at Nomura for not using them.

The fact that they took special care of having dozens of references in KH3 kinda already shows there is a massive love and respect for FF by the developers, but due to misunderstanding the fan's wants they didn't think we'd want or need them in the story.

I'm not sure where you are coming up with this "FF hasn't been thrown a bone" narrative.

The Puddings are the Mushrooms of KH3. We don't need anymore of that kind of content.

AR829038

Awards
Personally, I think any new Disney material is almost impossible given how much legal teeth-pulling they'd have to go through to get it approved by Disney. Literally the only way I could see it happening is if Nomura had already sorted something out with Disney a while ago and just decided to hold it back for ReMIND, but that's so far from plausible it's not even really worth mentioning.
As for the addition of Final Fantasy characters, I'm hopeful, but not optimistic. If they wanted to add a couple new FF characters as bosses with no real voice-acted speaking roles, à la Sephiroth in KH1, then that's totally possible, but I don't think they'd be willing to bring back major players like the Radiant Garden crew unless they could get voice acting for them, which I don't think is doable at this late stage of development. Of course, KHBBS Final Mix included the Secret Episode with voice acting during approximately the same development period, so it's definitely possible, and I'm hoping on it. A Radiant Garden world might even be on the table given how much of the world's models have already been created and used for the cutscenes, and given there'd be no legal impediments with Disney about it.
If I had to guess, though, I'd say probably the vast majority of what we'll get will be all more original stuff, which is fine. Maybe they'll throw us one or two little Final Fantasy morsels, but I don't think we should expect more than that. There's certainly not going to be anything new from the Disney side of things. I'll eat my left shoe if there is.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
As for the addition of Final Fantasy characters, I'm hopeful, but not optimistic. If they wanted to add a couple new FF characters as bosses with no real voice-acted speaking roles, à la Sephiroth in KH1, then that's totally possible, but I don't think they'd be willing to bring back major players like the Radiant Garden crew unless they could get voice acting for them, which I don't think is doable at this late stage of development. Of course, KHBBS Final Mix included the Secret Episode with voice acting during approximately the same development period, so it's definitely possible, and I'm hoping on it. A Radiant Garden world might even be on the table given how much of the world's models have already been created and used for the cutscenes, and given there'd be no legal impediments with Disney about it.

I mean, if theoretically they have planned ahead of time to have these characters in the DLC, it would already be worked into their development schedule.

They have to call in voice actors to do pickups for the new scenes anyways. If they add in characters like FF characters, it's not a difficult process at all. I'd think it'd be harder to get somebody like HJO back into the recording booth than say Doug Erholtz for Leon, Steve Burton for Cloud, or whoever else. Even new FF characters shouldn't be too difficult to cast.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Even if it's something small, I'm still wishing for a new original world playable, either for the new scenario Re:Mind or the secret episode. It could be Radiant Garden or Shibuya/Verum Rex.

I wonder if we will get a longer secret ending?! :unsure:

SweetYetSalty

Awards

More Roxas gameplay of course! I'm really hoping for the others being playable to, but I just feel like that is asking for too much, even though I want it. Please give it to me! Surely they've been using this time to add Lea, Kairi, Ven, and Xion in ReMind, since they already have the battle models? Possibly made one for Terra? I don't care if I'm asking for too much, I want this!

Zach2

More Roxas gameplay of course! I'm really hoping for the others being playable to, but I just feel like that is asking for too much, even though I want it. Please give it to me! Surely they've been using this time to add Lea, Kairi, Ven, and Xion in ReMind, since they already have the battle models? Possibly made one for Terra? I don't care if I'm asking for too much, I want this!
Really hoping for Kairi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back