• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS III Re:Mind trailer releasing next week

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The Official KINGDOM HEARTS Twitter account has announced that a new trailer for KINGDOM HEARTS III Re:Mind will be releasing next Monday, September 9th, 2019 at 8am Pacific Time (September 10th, 12am in Japan). The trailer will be releasing just ahead of Tokyo Game Show which begins September 11th, 2019 (September 12th in Japan).

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkilator

Awards

…Wait, doesn’t it start on the 12th? If it were the 11th, I doubt some U.S. people would let the, live it down.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Finally, some new news about this DLC. I really hope this trailer leaves a positive impression and gives us an equivalent amount of content as Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix.

okhi12

Awards
I can't wait! I hope they show a bit of the secret episode to know what it is about, but without spoiling the whole thing. I want to see more of FF7R too!

AR829038

Awards
Desperately hoping they don't show too much and spoil it like they did with the main game.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
This is the best birthday news and I’ll be at Disney when the trailer drops. How perfect. Can’t wait to see some fresh content.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Desperately hoping they don't show too much and spoil it like they did with the main game.
They spoiled too much for the original game? Of the top of my head I can't think of any major plot points or twists that were spoiled through trailers

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
They spoiled too much for the original game? Of the top of my head I can't think of any major plot points or twists that were spoiled through trailers

They spoiled everything except the Final World.

Everybody's deaths, Dark Aqua which was a big ol' nothing, Land of Departure, the Keyblade Graveyard events outside of people being defeated...world bosses...Scala...

We saw most of the story beats, the only thing we didn't have was context for them but they were all still there.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
They spoiled everything except the Final World.

Everybody's deaths, Dark Aqua which was a big ol' nothing, Land of Departure, the Keyblade Graveyard events outside of people being defeated...world bosses...Scala...

We saw most of the story beats, the only thing we didn't have was context for them but they were all still there.
Well isn't the context of how it all happened more important though? They didn't spoil how Aqua got corrupted, Ventus waking up, Kairi's death, the Lich, the Guardian housing Terra's heart, the scene with Xemnas and members 9-12, and other big reveals that happened in the game.

blank points

Awards
Nice! Good to know that there will still be something for Re:Mind after all. I am pretty much echoing everyone else, but I do hope Square doesn't give too much away this time around. Especially the Secret Episode.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Well isn't the context of how it all happened more important though? They didn't spoil how Aqua got corrupted, Ventus waking up, Kairi's death, the Lich, the Guardian housing Terra's heart, the scene with Xemnas and members 9-12, and other big reveals that happened in the game.

Just because they didn't show some things doesn't mean they didn't spoil a bunch of other just as important moments.

2 quid is good

Awards
I'm not excited at all, it's weird considering I would be the most hype for KH3 trailers. Ah well, I'll try and watch it with no preconceptions and I expect nothing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm not excited at all, it's weird considering I would be the most hype for KH3 trailers. Ah well, I'll try and watch it with no preconceptions and I expect nothing.

It's fair not to be excited. The game ended in a way that was very divisive for fans. Depending on where you stand with it, Re:Mind just feels like more of the same, while for others it feels like the exact thing we've needed since KH3 released.

I think it is better to keep your expectations in check, though.

disney233

Awards
.............Yeah no I'm not enthusiastic. Given how the last trailer was, ReMind isn't really giving me much to look forward to. I'll watch it to see the hubbub.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Sort of? The problem came from the fact that we were shown more of the game than we expected. There really weren't many important reveals left to experience by comparison. It also wasn't hard to connect the dots for certain things like the Anti-Aqua plot, given that we were pretty much shown every stage of that story.

How Aqua got corrupted didn't even matter in the end, since it held no bearing on anything else in that plot (or any part of the game really), and never actually gets referenced or addressed again. That said, we actually do see her fighting SoD in the trailers without her Keyblade, as well as her physical transformation as she's sinking into the abyss.

We technically did see Ventus up and awake in at least two trailers.

The scene with Xemnas, Larxene, Marluxia, Demyx, and Luxord, again, held no bearing on the plot, doesn't lead to anything or have any connecting scenes, and is pretty much self contained. In that sense, can we even call it a true story beat, or just fluff? Still, it's something I suppose.

We see Xion and Roxas brought back (what facilitated their returns was in the background, and wasn't an actual reveal in and of itself). We see Lingering Will and Terranort. We see Vexen, and even got implications that he might be a spy of sorts in the trailers (based on the diologue). We see Demyx is back, and norted as well. We see Ansem The Wise and SoD discuss Subject X (though we didn't have the context for that). We also see Ansem the Wise talk with Ienzo. We see Repliku, as well as the moment Riku left his broken Way to Dawn (which was also spoiled) behind for him. We see Chirithy and The Final World, as well as the semi transparent Sora running through clones of himself. We see Young Xehanort state his reasons for being in the Toy Story world, and foreshadowing their "missing darkness". We see Vanitas attempt to extract Ventus from Sora, as well as what he and the Unversed (who have also returned) were doing in Monstropolis. We see Dark Riku. We see Larxene talk about the New Seven Hearts. We see Luxord talk about the Black Box. We see Vanitas in the restored Land of Departure. We see everyone die, and Sora's subsequent breakdown (as well the only diologue from both him and Riku that followed that). We see Riku protecting Sora. We see every boss for every Disney world. We see every summon/link in the game. We see every minigame, except for maybe the one in Corona. We see playable Riku. We see every form, and nearly every transformation. We see the Xehanort Replicas, hear that he intends to join with them, and see the arena for the final fight (so pretty much everything leading up to the final battle). We see Let it Go. We see Siax meet with Lea. We see Anti-Aqua of course, as well as her attacking Riku. We see Mickey's new Keyblade then as well. We see Sora find Master's Defender. We see Sora rescue Aqua. There was a point where they officially released 10-15 seconds of Sora fighting Aqua, spoiling that he does, in fact, fight her too. Aw, and we see every single member of the Seekers of Darkness. Also, Young Xehanort and Young Eraqus, as well as Scala Ad Caelum.

There's probably more I'm forgetting, but I distinctly remember seeing all of this stuff in the official promotional material for the game. It may not be absolutely everything there is to spoil, but it's more than a good 80% of the game's actual content. And that's definitely enough to sour the experience for many players.
-----
Anywho, onto the topic. I'm honestly not sure what to even expect at this point. Like, I'm not the least bit excited for it if the base game and that last trailer were anything to go by, but I'm curious about what they decided to include in the end. If I had to guess one thing though, it'll probably be composed mostly of more reused assets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back