• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 FCP Wallscroll to be Released Mid-October

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Churro

Awards
Website
www.twitter.com

A new Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue wall scroll has appeared on CafeReo featuring the artwork that debuted at E3 2016.

The wall scroll is set to be released in Japan mid-October 2016 for 2800 yen (about $26.99)! Square Enix has yet to make an official announcement but we will update you if/when it does.

Muke

whatever
Awards
I'm not going to buy that. I would've loved to though. :(

Also, I really feel like we are stepping more into the Direction CGI than 2D… We might not get Nomura Art at all. I don't know. :/

Xera Highwind

I never really cared for this specific artwork, I always assumed it was just for that one event a little bit ago. Considering this is going to be released to the public will most likely mean this art will be on the game's cover. Imo, I'd much rather have some Nomura art just like every other game case. The idea of getting rid of his drawings in the newer games is really unsettling (First the hud, next the 0.2 title screen, and now this!)

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Also, I really feel like we are stepping more into the Direction CGI than 2D… We might not get Nomura Art at all. I don't know. :/

I never really cared for this specific artwork, I always assumed it was just for that one event a little bit ago. Considering this is going to be released to the public will most likely mean this art will be on the game's cover.
I'm suddenly having guilty flashbacks to all the flack we gave Nomura for 2.5's cover artwork...

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Whenever I take a look on that artwork I still somehow crack up on how damn tiny/smol Master Ava actually is, she reaches barely up to Invi's chest with the ears of her hood and even Gula, who is portrayed as rather small in stature as well, is at least one head taller than her.

Is Ava on a Mickey-level of height? xD

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I never really cared for this specific artwork, I always assumed it was just for that one event a little bit ago. Considering this is going to be released to the public will most likely mean this art will be on the game's cover. Imo, I'd much rather have some Nomura art just like every other game case. The idea of getting rid of his drawings in the newer games is really unsettling (First the hud, next the 0.2 title screen, and now this!)

Couldn't agree more. The hand drawn style really blended in with what the series is about. Disney + Square Enix. Making everything entirely CG removes one of the core elements that makes Kingdom Hearts what it is. This is probably a key feedback I'd provide to Square Enix. Don't fix what wasn't broken in the first place.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Man, Square Enix release one Key Art and everyone's upset because they think it's the box art. It's not like Square has released CG Key Art's before that were nothing but promotional material:

Artwork08.jpg

Artwork19.jpg

Artwork03.jpg

CG%20Art.jpeg

Muke

whatever
Awards
That's not it. (btw I never said that THAT CGI Poster is gonna be the Cover)
It's just that next to everything suddenly is CGI/3D. The HUD? The Title Screen? (While that may only be the Demo)
I dunno

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
(btw I never said that THAT CGI Poster is gonna be the Cover)
You didn't, Xera did;

Considering this is going to be released to the public will most likely mean this art will be on the game's cover.

I don't know why you thought I was specifically replying to you with that.

And this isn't the only place that I've seen where someone thought it might be the box art, it was brought up on Reddit.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Man, Square Enix release one Key Art and everyone's upset because they think it's the box art. It's not like Square has released CG Key Art's before that were nothing but promotional material:

Chaser, people expect something grand like fan covers or the covers of KH1, KH2, and COM but when the first Promotion image hits, they will jump for joy or not like it. But yes

Last edited:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Seriously? That's the thing to complain over for the week this time?

Yea, no, and then people wonder when some really get the vibes that parts of the fandom are just looking for stuff to complain over.
Maybe SE shouldn't release anything at all anymore and just change KH III into an 1-to-1 recreation of Kingdom Hearts I technology-wise to placate the "they changed it now it sucks" crowd, this calls back memories of the days of Larxene012 where there would be an extra thread to complain about the game's logo.

This is getting almost as bad as Final-Fantasy purists constantly throwing tantrums when the newest FF entry isn't turn-based, doesn't have a controllable airship and/or full world map jadda-jadda. Nag, nag, nag!

I did not see any indication that this will be a game cover or anything close to that so I really wonder what the whole fuss is about yet again

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I think this could be the box art for a Collector's Edition paper box. (The BBS picture Chaser posted - or an alternate design of it - was the BBS CE's box art after all).
I don't even have much of a problem with the CGI. Sure, I like Nomura's style, but it's okay. I just think that Sora and Riku look so weird on that. xD Still gonna try and get my hands on that one. I wish they would've sold that at the gamescom already >:

This is getting almost as bad as Final-Fantasy purists constantly throwing tantrums when the newest FF entry isn't turn-based, doesn't have a controllable airship and/or full world map jadda-jadda. Nag, nag, nag!

"No one needs new Final Fantasy games, just give us remakes from FF VI-IX. Oh, we're getting FF VII Re? Nic- Wait. It's not gonna be turn-based omgggg it's gonna be the worst thing ever. YOU SUCK SE."

Muke

whatever
Awards
I don't know why you thought I was specifically replying to you with that.
I just wanted to clarify, since you said "everyone's upset because they think it's the box art".

Yea, no, and then people wonder when some really get the vibes that parts of the fandom are just looking for stuff to complain over.
Maybe SE shouldn't release anything at all anymore and just change KH III into an 1-to-1 recreation of Kingdom Hearts I technology-wise to placate the "they changed it now it sucks" crowd, this calls back memories of the days of Larxene012 where there would be an extra thread to complain about the game's logo.

I did not see any indication that this will be a game cover or anything close to that so I really wonder what the whole fuss is about yet again

You are overreacting big time. So, what, I can't even say that I don't like the way everything is getting CGI without getting "attacked" (lack of a better word)? Sheesh. Calm down.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

Uh, war flashbacks to him/her. But usually we have the cover by this time, so patience is key

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards

I'm just dissapointed in this promotional poster work. It seems very tacky and rushed compared to a lot of other promotional posters they've created for Kingdom Hearts over the years. I blame no-one for being upset because Square Enix can clearly do better than this.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Wait for next week. The cover is coming, as is the release date. Patience is key and it's something we all need to remember to have. It's a shit key art, yes, but like I was trying to get at it's not uncommon for the series. Let's just be glad it's not as bad as Dream Drop Distance's first key art.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I just wanted to clarify, since you said "everyone's upset because they think it's the box art".

You are overreacting big time. So, what, I can't even say that I don't like the way everything is getting CGI without getting "attacked" (lack of a better word)? Sheesh. Calm down.

I think it's a matter of opinions but I also gotta admit it gets quite tiring (not you in particular).
On one hand, the community wants new stuff badly and hates SE if there aren't any news in a long time.
And then when there are news...I dunno, I don't really see many people being happy about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back