• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Final Mix Screenshots from Game Watch!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You might recognise some of these screens below from the recent Famitsu scans that focused on Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix, however this time you can enjoy these images in a larger size, and can see the detailed HD upgrade more clearly.

Game Watch was kind enough to share these images in an article they wrote, and translations will be made available shortly. But for now, please enjoy these screenshots!

Adding further depth and detail to the KINGDOM HEARTS series, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX is a fully remastered HD compilation of the PlayStation®2 system title KINGDOM HEARTS II FINAL MIX and the PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system title KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep FINAL MIX. Both, previously exclusive to the Japanese market, will be available for the first time in Europe for the PlayStation®3 System. HD remastered cinematic cut-scenes from the Nintendo DS™ title KINGDOM HEARTS Re:coded will also be included in the compilation.

Picking up after KINGDOM HEARTS HD 1.5 ReMIX, players will be able to continue on their adventures with Sora, Donald Duck and Goofy, and also explore the origins of the KINGDOM HEARTS series with characters Terra, Aqua and Ventus – all with gorgeous high-definition visuals and enhanced gameplay mechanics. KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.5 ReMIX will provide fans with the chance to replay key titles in the celebrated series, and serves as the perfect lead into the highly anticipated KINGDOM HEARTS III, which is set to be released on the PlayStation®4 system and Xbox One®.

Thanks to our good friend Aibo for the tip!

Source: Game Watch

Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- will hit North American shores on December 2nd 2014, Europe on December 4th 2014, and the PAL region on December 5th 2014!

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts -HD 2.5 ReMIX- & Kingdom Hearts 3!

Gexus

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: New Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix Screenshots from Game Watch!

Here's a screenshot from the PSP version:

Screenshot15.jpg

And here's the same screenshot in HD:

khhd19.jpg

Everything's clearer and prettier ... Also, larger. That helps.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

You never think it looked blurry until you realize "Wow, BBS was really low res" but I suppose it is due to the PSP's screen that it wasn't so obvious.

DJFirewolf

Why does Aurora's model look much better in the PSP screenshot than in the HD one. Her eyelashes are different and her hands and sleeves aren't as smooth.

Awards

It's looking gorgeous! My only wish is that they could've added "injured" sprites to the HUD. I never understood why they weren't even in the original BBS. Days, Re:coded, and 3D had them :(

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Sobbing, you guys ;A;

So beautiful. As mentioned previously, it's funny how these details never seemed so diluted before. The image Gexus shows is a perfect example. The poor dev team slaves away, and yet the colors and textures of the brick castle and the patterns for the curtains by Aurora's bed are all awash. I never noticed the swirls in the marble stairs found in that Cinderella screencap, or the individual circles of light that make Aqua's rainbow shotlock (always just looked like streams of light).

:E unfff

Awards

Why does Aurora's model look much better in the PSP screenshot than in the HD one. Her eyelashes are different and her hands and sleeves aren't as smooth.

Square often tailor their screenshots to smooth out edges where the polygons really show and bring up the general quality, while making it very inaccurate as to what the final product actually was. They did this a lot with Birth By Sleep on PSP, I've found. And the same thing with trailers. Most of BBS's trailers weren't using the PSP's rendering.

Looks like, for most of these HD screenshots, they're straying away from that sort of embellishment, luckily. Only thing I've seen so far is screenshots with and without anti-aliasing. I'm pretty pumped about how this game is looking. The nostalgia trip is insane too, haha. It's taking every fiber in my being to resist playing either Birth By Sleep or Kingdom Hearts II right now.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

The screens looks so nuce. December will be when I get the game, I know I'll get and beat KH2 FM and BBS FM. Hunter of the Dark, you're mine.

Also MF and the Arena too.

rawpower

King of the Wild Frontier
Awards

I like the way the rock blasts and ice blasts look. Everything just looks smooth as eggs in these screens. Even Captain Hook's mustache.

JechtShotMK9

Awards

These look fantastic. Can't wait.

Sdog

Awards

Look forward to tryin the YX secret battle in HD, still been avoiding it. From what I've seen looks near impossible.

Gram

Banned
Awards

Magical~ ;A; *you guyz are making the wait impossible*

Last edited:

SmilingMuse35

These screenshots look amazing! KH HD 2.5 ReMix will be a fantastic compilation! :)

SORA619

Awards

All this waiting is impossible!!! Thank god there are good games coming these months so they will cover all this wait go away. Screenshots are beautiful <3

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com

Kingdom-Hearts-princess-aurora-20229941-480-272_zpsbe77964e.jpg

How about this one? You can instantly notice the difference in Aurora's model.

That's one thing I'm glad they aren't doing with 2.5 - feeding us bullshots. It's much better to anticipate the real deal despite "imperfections" than to be disappointed with the final product.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Look forward to tryin the YX secret battle in HD, still been avoiding it. From what I've seen looks near impossible.

Fear not, we get BBS Final Mix this time around and in Final Mix the Young Xehanort battle was made easier as you can now escape from his whip-attack.

Magical~ ;A; *you guyz are making the wait impossible*

Those Shotlocks and Command Styles look so crisp now.
Too bad that ingame at least the Shotlocks are often so quickly done that you can't properly admire them.

On that screen, Aqua is getting the Disco lights on for the Unversed, lol.

Lnds500

Bronze Member
Awards

That's one thing I'm glad they aren't doing with 2.5 - feeding us bullshots. It's much better to anticipate the real deal despite "imperfections" than to be disappointed with the final product.

We've gotten a TON of bullshots for 2.5. Maybe not ones involving improved models, but all of them were made to "hide the imperfections" you are referring to.

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards

Fear not, we get BBS Final Mix this time around and in Final Mix the Young Xehanort battle was made easier as you can now escape from his whip-attack.

Oh they made YX a little easier? That's good to hear since I was considering just skipping it this time around given how much difficulty he gave me before. I just hope there isn't a trophy that requires us to beat him with all 3 because then I know I won't get that one. xD

khhd04.jpg

^ And this shot just keeps making me look forward to the RoD level. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back