• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer Takes Sora to Infinity and Beyond

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

After years of speculation and hope, it has finally been confirmed. Pixar animations first feature film, Toy Story, will be making it's debut in Kingdom Hearts 3. The world, which was revealed at D23 earlier today.

The world has Sora, Donald, and Goofy change into toys and will have Sora work with Woody and Buzz to find the missing Andy and fellow toys, who have been taken away by a man in a black hood.

Today SQUARE ENIX® and Disney unveiled a new KINGDOM HEARTS III trailer that shines a spotlight on the first world in the KINGDOM HEARTS series to be based on a Disney•Pixar film, “Toy Story.” Director of the KINGDOM HEARTS series, Tetsuya Nomura, premiered the trailer during The Walt Disney Company’s Video Game Showcase at the D23 Expo in Anaheim, California.

The new trailer follows Sora, Donald Duck and Goofy to Andy’s room as they join Woody, Buzz Lightyear, Hamm, Rex and Sarge’s investigation into the disappearance of their fellow toys and Andy, and the emergence of the Heartless enemies in their world. Featuring an original storyline, fans will get a first look at the dynamic trio’s “Toy Story”-themed looks, all-new toys, such as the Gigas, and special Keyblades that transform and give Sora unique attacks to unleash on Heartless enemies.

“At long last, we are excited to open up the KINGDOM HEARTS universe to include the world of Disney•Pixar's ‘Toy Story,’” said Tetsuya Nomura, Director of the KINGDOM HEARTS series. “I'm sure fans have been anticipating the inclusion of this world for many years. The narrative will be an original story exclusive to KINGDOM HEARTS III, and the gameplay will feel characteristic of the ‘Toy Story’ style and aesthetic. Please stay tuned for more details to be revealed soon.”

“Featuring a brand new storyline that brings together beloved ‘Toy Story’ friends with the heroes of KINGDOM HEARTS, the ‘Toy Story’ world in KINGDOM HEARTS III successfully mirrors the level of quality that we strive to achieve with every Pixar film,” said Jason Katz, Story Supervisor, Pixar Animation Studios. “KINGDOM HEARTS III will undoubtedly be an experience that fans will not want to miss.”

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
It looks exactly like the movie, holy shit.

Buzz and Woody are both guest party at once.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I'm amazed at how amazing the disney characters look (Soar, Dolan and Gooby are good, too) and then there's ugly-as-fuck-Xehanort and I'm crying my eyes out laughing. xD

I loved the world tho.

Awards
I nearly choked when I first saw andys room lmao. The guys from Pixar seemed completely onboard with the idea.. and the models look amazing. They really do look like they came straight from the movie! That being said, young xehanort looked a bit off at the end. It's like his eyes are spaced a little too far apart imo

BluePikmin11

Awards
I did not see this coming, this world was not even in my predictions list that I posted last year.

The possibilities of Pixar worlds have multiplied, which films though?
I want to see INSIDE OUT!

When will the English dubbed trailers come out though, I wanna see if the original voices for Toy Story come back!

If this game is coming out in 2018, then I feel I wanna bring my prediction game back for everyone to speculate again!

Precursor Mar

DEzhz2cUIAEs54f.jpg

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
So, I'm so excited there are more than one party member being added at once lol. But I wish I could you know actually see them fight ha. Since Sora is doing like 20 spins in the air at all times I can never see them. I kind of feel they may not have fully programmed their AI though? They seem rather stagnant at times. Hope Woody uses his lasso and Buzz uses his laser.

This was really amazing.
(Here's the first part without the text overlay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boygLgPKq4s[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif])
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Okay, so the guns are shooting arrows that have hearts at the end like feathers. That's adorable. Also the outfit for the change looks nicer than the Shield one for sure.[/FONT]

Sonicfan2525

Awards
The character models for the Toy Story characters blew me away! I can't believe how good they look! It really makes me wonder how the Big Hero 6 and Tangled characters are gonna look (it's disappointing we didn't get to see them this time, but the Toy Story reveal and release year was more than enough). So happy Nomura finally gets to put the world in a KH game, and it looks fantastic!

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
A team of five, SDG & Buzz & Woody - unprecedented in KH, but very FFIV of them~ <3

My heart swells at this glorious news. *u*

Sdog

Awards
So was Young Xehanort an action figure at the end? He looked kind of stiff and plastic.

I think it's just lighting and texture work that needs to be touched up a bit. I agree he looked off though. Kind of like Xemnas and Ansem at the end of the Orchestra trailer.

Borjalyokox

Okay, I didn't expect something THIS COOL. I'm so excited, especially now we know the year! Everything looks fantastic, those graphics are awesome, but...

Young Xehanort face looks derp af. I mean, his face looks like one of those funny rpg characters you create:

gw2-total-makeover-kit-new-faces-asura-female.jpg

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Oh hey, the site's working again. XD

The very second the cutscene started playing, I knew and was in tears happy that Toy Story has finally made it into the series. I'm just, LOOK AT THEM!! THEY LOOK JUST AS GOOD AS THE IN THE MOVIES!!

And then Young Xehanort appears at the end and I'm just laughing at how odd he looks.

Also, the place Sora is fighting the boss in the Hercules part is Thebes, isn't it? Please tell me were finally going to Thebes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back