• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer Takes Sora to Infinity and Beyond

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Glad to see they might have kept Sora's out of combat stance.
giphy.gif

Always looked the best.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Famitsu uploaded the crowd's reaction.
[video=youtube;UrqckP6VP9o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UrqckP6VP9o[/video]

After BBS and DDD I really need more Disney villain boss battles. No more Minion crafted from the Villains evil heart please! I would love for Toy Story 2-esque scenario in which we fight Zurg in an Aisle of Buzz Lightyears and with a limit command have his mech swarmed with Buzzs! I want to hear a thousand Tim Allen battle cries at once!
See: Gaston & Grimhilde in UCX.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
The only reason why Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance had bosses based off the creatures as opposed to characters was to show off the Unversed and Dream Eaters respectively. Kingdom Hearts III doesn't have to go through that route because the Heartless and Nobodies are pre-existing enemy types.

BBS didn't really do it though, it was just DDD, in my opinion anyway. BBS had Lucifer, The Magic Mirror, two Maleficents, Hades, the Ice 'Colossus', Gantu, and Hook fights. At least one per Disney world, other than Disney Town of course. I mean that is still less than some other worlds in KH1 and 2, but they tried I feel. DDD really doesn't have an excuse lol, they shoved Dream Eaters down our throats as party members already we really didn't need them taking over important villain fights too.

I think that and the info vomit at the end of the game are my only main gripes with it, which is sad, cuz it had potential with how they did a Disney super boss for the first time in a long time. Well. I guess Monstro was a thing in BBS: FM, huh?

Sdog

Awards
BBS didn't really do it though, it was just DDD, in my opinion anyway. BBS had Lucifer, The Magic Mirror, two Maleficents, Hades, the Ice 'Colossus', Gantu, and Hook fights. At least one per Disney world, other than Disney Town of course. I mean that is still less than some other worlds in KH1 and 2, but they tried I feel. DDD really doesn't have an excuse lol, they shoved Dream Eaters down our throats as party members already we really didn't need them taking over important villain fights too.

True that. I suppose the bosses of DDD seeped into my BBS memories and clouded them a bit.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
What's worse with the DE bosses is that often we didn't even get 2 DE bosses in a world but variations of one. Was development that rushed that they didn't have time to properly create enough bosses?

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
And we even fought them a third time thanks to Spellican.
I... can come to understand why they wanted to do more animal-like enemies and not the usual insectoid Heartless, but they were kinda lazy.
For example, Keeba Tiger and Ryu Dragon are arguably among the best Dream Eaters: why couldn't we have a huge dragon or tiger as a boss?

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Something I forgot to mention in my big post before is I'm actually disappointed in the writing for this world so far.

It's probably an incomplete scene, it's hopefully an incomplete scene, because Sora, Donald, and Goofy don't even greet Andy's toys. They don't know their names, they don't know Sora's name.

And the introduction to the conflict feels lifted right out of Kingdom Hearts II. I felt like I was watching the introduction to any world in that game when I watched the trailer. I'm pretty sure they've used the same description Buzz used on Organization XIII at least three times already.

Can't they shake it up a bit? Enough with this "A man in a black coat" description please.

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
When I watched the trailer I thought I saw a green option appear on top of the menu bar when Sora got into those giant robot toys. Now, I couldn't SEE what the green bar said, but could reaction commands NOT be dead just yet? Maybe they've just be tweaked a little? Anyway that's what I saw. I know the green bar might've been a spell or drive form change, but it looks like it highlighted itself right when Sora got in. Thoughts?

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Something I forgot to mention in my big post before is I'm actually disappointed in the writing for this world so far.

It's probably an incomplete scene, it's hopefully an incomplete scene, because Sora, Donald, and Goofy don't even greet Andy's toys. They don't know their names, they don't know Sora's name.

And the introduction to the conflict feels lifted right out of Kingdom Hearts II. I felt like I was watching the introduction to any world in that game when I watched the trailer. I'm pretty sure they've used the same description Buzz used on Organization XIII at least three times already.

Can't they shake it up a bit? Enough with this "A man in a black coat" description please.

Okay so yeah, I felt this way too, I have just been telling myself the scene was incomplete. The dialogue didn't flow as well as I would like, and conclusions seemed to be jumped to way too much lol. Like, "OH hey who are you? We are toys, and our friends are gone" "Oh hey, we may know who is causing this weirdness, also lets yell ORGANIZATION XIII in unison" "OMG you do? Cool, we will help you fight, lets bounce" I can't wait for Woody and Buzz to individually thank Sora, Donald, and Goofy, in that order, for helping them save Andy when the world is done. Also when they rescue Jessie, she will ask who the new toys are and SDG will yell their names one after another, in that particular order, in the most cringey fashion possibly. Pls don't do this SE lol.

Like yeah, I dunno, I guess they can't dwell on their meeting too much. But a little more dialogue thrown in between some of those lines would do wonders.

Edit: Oh, in Japanese Woody says "Sora-tachi" which means, essentially, Sora and co. They translated it differently, but that implies Woody knows his name. Unless he is omnipotent.

When I watched the trailer I thought I saw a green option appear on top of the menu bar when Sora got into those giant robot toys. Now, I couldn't SEE what the green bar said, but could reaction commands NOT be dead just yet? Maybe they've just be tweaked a little? Anyway that's what I saw. I know the green bar might've been a spell or drive form change, but it looks like it highlighted itself right when Sora got in. Thoughts?

It was 100% a reaction command to get into the robot. I guess since it only appears in that situation, maybe they consider it a situation command ;P But yeah, its essentially what we knew as reaction commands lol.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

The scene does look like stuff was cut in order to give the world's plot for the trailer, so I'm not completely worried about the writing despite the KH2 flashbacks.

They really need to vary their descriptions. Using "a man in a black coat" every time is awfully lazy.

Edit: Oh, in Japanese Woody says "Sora-tachi" which means, essentially, Sora and co. They translated it differently, but that implies Woody knows his name. Unless he is omnipotent.
Well, we already have an omnipotent cricket.

notnow123487

Awards
I guess chaser isn't here to post news, but here's more from the game informer interview:

- Nomura announces Athletic Flow, what we saw in the trailer where sorts grinding through Olympus and jumping through boulders to reach heightened areas.

- he discusses transformations and each keyblade will have two transformations as seen in Toy Story. You need to hit combos with the first transformation to get access to the second transformation.

- briefly mentions summons and their role in the game.

Nomura Reveals More On Keyblade Transformations And Summons - News - www.GameInformer.com

Recon

Art of War
Awards

To me, I thought the introduction part was cut. I know it was a 5+ minute trailer, but I figured they had more features to show than an introduction. Perhaps I am mistaken. I mean Sora got acquainted with TWENTY characters in Dream Drop Distance. Surely there will be an introduction.

I guess chaser isn't here to post news, but here's more from the game informer interview

It's just Chaser running the show. Show him some love. His response times have been damn impressive for someone living in Australia.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It's just Chaser running the show. Show him some love. His response times have been damn impressive for someone living in Australia.
I left to watch Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks and I return to fifty billion news pieces to write about :(

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
it must be really hard for Chaser in Australia to be writing KH articles while also trying to hang onto his upside down continent and not fall off the planet

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards

The introduction scene is definitely incomplete. There is a promotional photo released by Square Enix showing Sora, Donald, and Goofy saluting the army figures. That was not shown in the trailer. So the scene was definitely cut up.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
The introduction scene is definitely incomplete. There is a promotional photo released by Square Enix showing Sora, Donald, and Goofy saluting the army figures. That was not shown in the trailer. So the scene was definitely cut up.

Oh yeah, that all kind of blended together, but you right. So yeah, definitely not the full scene at least woohoo

notnow123487

Awards
I left to watch Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks and I return to fifty billion news pieces to write about :(

Not digging on you, I know it's just you running the show that's why I said it. I would have been watching game of thrones too, but my girlfriends watching the series now so I have to wait until she goes to sleep to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back