• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Trailer Takes Sora to Infinity and Beyond

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hirokey123

Awards
Now that we've seen 5 party members I wonder if we can squeeze two more in there. If they have LEGIT figured out how to program a 7 vs 13 battle. o.o

Awards
Does anybody have any guesses on what Toy Story's world will be named? Don't think it will be 'Andy's Room' since we get to go outside and go to that toy store.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Xehanort's a toy. His hair isn't as detailed as their life sized versions.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Oh hey, the site's working again. XD

The very second the cutscene started playing, I knew and was in tears happy that Toy Story has finally made it into the series. I'm just, LOOK AT THEM!! THEY LOOK JUST AS GOOD AS THE IN THE MOVIES!!

And then Young Xehanort appears at the end and I'm just laughing at how odd he looks.

Also, the place Sora is fighting the boss in the Hercules part is Thebes, isn't it? Please tell me were finally going to Thebes!

Didn't we go to Thebes in BbS? I could be wrong, but I think we went there.

Anyway, the trailer is amazing. All they really need now is one more trailer released at the start of 2018 with some main story info and confirmed release date, and I think that would be enough.

I cannot believe how good the Toy Story world looks. It was like watching the movie.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm really sorry about the down time everyone! It's just me running things here so I've been struggling along with all of y'all. I really hope this announcement makes up for the forums being a bit dicky today :)

Also OP updated with plot info and quotes.

Sdog

Awards
Didn't we go to Thebes in BbS? I could be wrong, but I think we went there.

We did, though it was just a courtyard no bigger than Andy's Room. =p This seems a much more sizeable play-space!

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
So far, three "Disney" worlds out of three seem to have original story, and that's the best news ever received in years.
Lest's just hope things are really intertwined with the main story and it's not DDD all over again, with Young appearing for cripting warnings and that's it.

I'm starting to get a bit nervous about all these "cool" moves. I'm really hoping the battle doesn't get interrupted like that every time I do something.
Worlds seem big and different, let's hope they're not just overloaded with enemies and that they have something else in them. Again, no DDD sequel pls.

Young's model is really bad.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards
Wow, didn't see that coming. Glad we have four party members making it posable for a five character ass whooping. With Toy Sory,we might get Inside Out, or The Incredibles. The models look just..wow! AND YOU GET GAINT ROBOTS! YES!

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
We did, though it was just a courtyard no bigger than Andy's Room. =p This seems a much more sizeable play-space!

Right, I remembered that it was only a square that had no other places to go. Thanks for the reminder.

The question really is if Xehanort is a toy here. I rewatched the ending bit, and it seems like Sora is pushing something back. At first I thought it was Xehanort's keyblade, but I can't make out what it is. Could it be Xehanort's foot? Sora is definitely looking up and Xehanort looking down.

Also, the way that Buzz describes Xehanort is a "guy" and not "toy". So they probably saw Xehanort appear in Andy's Room with the toy-sized heartless.

Riruru

Excuse me while I lose my restraint to say: WOOOOOO. We finally have a release year. HYPE.

Glad to see the stylization step it up and actually make the Toy Story World look exactly like they do in the movies.

Sdog

Awards
The question really is if Xehanort is a toy here. I rewatched the ending bit, and it seems like Sora is pushing something back. At first I thought it was Xehanort's keyblade, but I can't make out what it is. Could it be Xehanort's foot? Sora is definitely looking up and Xehanort looking down.

Also, the way that Buzz describes Xehanort is a "guy" and not "toy". So they probably saw Xehanort appear in Andy's Room with the toy-sized heartless.

I don't see YX being a toy at all. He doesn't have any visible joints like SDG or anyone else to indicate he would be. And while he can be a more realistic action figure, he looks of the same quality as Xemnas and Ansem from the Orchestra trailer. Sadly I think he's suffering from and unfinished model/poor lightning. I'm thinking the former seeing as some of the facial animation is 'fish facey'. And he's clearly not putting up a struggle when talking down to Sora so I'm guessing a Heartless is holding him back while he's up on a platform.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I wonder if they'll have Sora, Donald and Goofy notice the hidden Mickey in Andy's room lol.

Hirokey123

Awards
Not wanting to start an argument but DDD is like the most the world have been intertwined in the main story since KH1. Heck DDD is the only KH game in which every world save one had an appearance from the KH-main bad guys, instead of being relegated to mostly original KH worlds. YX wasn't there to be cryptic in fact he wasn't speaking cryptically at all it just seems like that on a first playthrough then on repeats you realize he was being very straight forward if a bit flowery in his speak. YX's role in the first 3 worlds was to explain why Sora was there, what they wanted him to learn from these worlds, and is like the only time Xehanort has ever acknowledge the disney worlds and their inhabitants. The next two worlds one lacked any Xehanort appearance and the other one Xehanort appears merely to clarify a few things and prepare Sora and Riku for the end that is to come. But despite minimal Xehanort stuff in those last two worlds they both tied into the greater overarching lore of the series in regard to Mickey fleshing out his past and letting Sora and Riku basically joint train with Mickey as an equal instead of a master. Which is a logical choice since he is the third main character of the game and SRM is an actual big trio in this series. And of course the worlds themselves are the main goal for Sora and Riku, DDD is the only game in which helping the world and finding its keyhole is the main focus as opposed to worlds just being places Sora stops to haphazardly search.

Like original stories are always good and definitely preferable to weird movie re-enactments where characters are missing or the plot has pieces subbed out.... but I absolutely hope KH3 is following DDD's lead of having the organization appear and speak in near every world. Where Xehanort and the organization are regularly acknowledging the existence of the disney inhabitants and using them for his plans instead of treating them as mere casualty. Where the organization is a constant presence and threat and every world connects back to a greater lore instead of just being daily life lessons that are to be forgotten as soon as they leave the world. (I'm looking at you BBS)

DefiantHeart

Awards
Sigh... honestly seeing the Toy Story world made me cringe... it just feels so weird seeing it in Kingdom Hearts and seeing Sora as an action figure... well whatever, least it's coming out 2018 I guess. ( I'll just have to hurry past this world...)

Hakan Xatos

Awards
Awesome trailer! I'm definitely hyped! 2018 release date and we finally got Toy Story!!

When I saw the scene in the toy store I was thinking Titanfall as Sora entered the mechs lol.

robotman

I haven't signed in here in a long time but I had to after I saw this. I'm so pumped for this! It's going to be amazing!

wwinterj

Good to see Toy Story make it in at last. It's safe to say the style of graphics this time around work really well with the pixar films. I honestly wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the Toy Story film and the character models here. With that said now all I want is The Jungle Book to make it in and I'd be happy.

blank points

Awards
Oh man, this was the exact news I wanted to come home to after a long day at work. I honestly cannot get over how great this game looks. The character models, environments, and gameplay all look so polished.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Not wanting to start an argument but DDD is like the most the world have been intertwined in the main story since KH1. Heck DDD is the only KH game in which every world save one had an appearance from the KH-main bad guys, instead of being relegated to mostly original KH worlds. YX wasn't there to be cryptic in fact he wasn't speaking cryptically at all it just seems like that on a first playthrough then on repeats you realize he was being very straight forward if a bit flowery in his speak. YX's role in the first 3 worlds was to explain why Sora was there, what they wanted him to learn from these worlds, and is like the only time Xehanort has ever acknowledge the disney worlds and their inhabitants. The next two worlds one lacked any Xehanort appearance and the other one Xehanort appears merely to clarify a few things and prepare Sora and Riku for the end that is to come. But despite minimal Xehanort stuff in those last two worlds they both tied into the greater overarching lore of the series in regard to Mickey fleshing out his past and letting Sora and Riku basically joint train with Mickey as an equal instead of a master. Which is a logical choice since he is the third main character of the game and SRM is an actual big trio in this series. And of course the worlds themselves are the main goal for Sora and Riku, DDD is the only game in which helping the world and finding its keyhole is the main focus as opposed to worlds just being places Sora stops to haphazardly search.

Like original stories are always good and definitely preferable to weird movie re-enactments where characters are missing or the plot has pieces subbed out.... but I absolutely hope KH3 is following DDD's lead of having the organization appear and speak in near every world. Where Xehanort and the organization are regularly acknowledging the existence of the disney inhabitants and using them for his plans instead of treating them as mere casualty. Where the organization is a constant presence and threat and every world connects back to a greater lore instead of just being daily life lessons that are to be forgotten as soon as they leave the world. (I'm looking at you BBS)

I get where you're coming from, but making statements at the end of a world's playthrough or brief appearances isn't tying the world itself to the main plot. Xehanort didn't actively do anything in any of the DDD worlds, it was the villains already there (please correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't played DDD in a long time). It seems clear that at Olympus Coliseum, Maleficent and Pete are searching that world for the Master of Master's box while Sora also visits that world to learn from Hercules how to regain his strength. In the Toy Story world, Young Xehanort has kidnapped Andy and the other toys to research their relationship effect on the heart and to use that information outside the world. The way they're using the Disney worlds in KH3 is radically different from DDD (at least from what we can tell so far).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back