• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots and renders released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots and renders show Monster's Inc, Riku, and Toy Story.

Riku gets fennir huh that interesting

Aha I see what is going on here...
Nomura: Fans don't like Riku as much as I thought for some reason... Gotta do something about this. I GOT IT, Make him look like Noctis and give him Fenrir.

Riku getting Fenrir is cool. Though I wish his new keyblade had been Mickey's KKD. Those theories we came up with made me think he would get it. Oh well.

Figured we'd get a Riku render soon, but the Fenrir was unexpected.

PEOPLE...IT'S NOT FENRIR. IT...IS....NEW!!!!!!!!

ClaireFiredragon

Re: New Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots and renders show Monster's Inc, Riku, and Toy Story.

So Riku's now fully silver hair...it's strange to me. I know I know in KH1 it was silver, but it was more greyish silver. Then after that it gain this slight purple tint to it. Presumably from using the darkness and stuff. In 2.8 it still had that purple tint to it. (I also have a Riku action figure and it too has a purple tint to the hair).
Now it could possibly be that Riku doesn't use darkness anymore in KH3...but why would it change his hair back? At least to me, I saw it as the darkness "stained" his hair and it got that purple tint.
I mean it could happen with the darkness purple tint leaving his hair but it just seems strange to me since now it's a much more vivid silver that KH1.

The Dark Mamba

Awards

Those are some great renders, but c'mon SE. Release those in PNG form.

So Riku's now fully silver hair...it's strange to me. I know I know in KH1 it was silver, but it was more greyish silver. Then after that it gain this slight purple tint to it. Presumably from using the darkness and stuff. In 2.8 it still had that purple tint to it. (I also have a Riku action figure and it too has a purple tint to the hair).
Now it could possibly be that Riku doesn't use darkness anymore in KH3...but why would it change his hair back? At least to me, I saw it as the darkness "stained" his hair and it got that purple tint.
I mean it could happen with the darkness purple tint leaving his hair but it just seems strange to me since now it's a much more vivid silver that KH1.

His hair's never changed. It's just lighting and different attributes making it feel or look different much like real hair.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

PEOPLE...IT'S NOT FENRIR. IT...IS....NEW!!!!!!!!
Chill. No one actually believes it's Fenrir. We're simply calling that because we don't have an official name for it and that's what it immediately reminds us of. Also because the similarities amuses us.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

Longshot, but what if Riku's keyblade is the key to return hearts.

ClaireFiredragon

His hair's never changed. It's just lighting and different attributes making it feel or look different much like real hair.
It did change a little. When you look at the other model pictures of him, it has a slight purplish tint. Now it being such a strong silver again is strange to me. Cause none of the other pictures/models of Riku have that strong of silver hair...

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

maybe but why would riku fet that keyblade when it sora job to find that keyblade though?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

The Key to Return Hearts is love.

Roxs0r

reprogram-car-key-800x800.jpg

I Love how Riku's new Keyblade looks lot like modern key. I can see resemble to Fenrir though :biggrin:...

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards

I'm glad, since Fenrir probably won't be in :l If there's a Sephy fight, it'll give a new keyblade. At least I have something similar to love in KH3 now. I always use Fenrir when possible in KH2 even though the ability isn't ideal for everything because it just looks too goood!

ImVentus

Awards

What is going on with all the repeats of the same comments? Must be something with the server.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards

What if Fenrir is the key to return hearts?
To fancy cars?
Cars movie world confirmed

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards

The Key to Return Hearts is love.

What if the key to return hearts is actually the friends we made along the way.

Lmao this might be actually true in KH

squalm

Riku threw away Way To Dawn for the Regalia Key

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Not a KHi problem, but it genuinely makes me kinda sad how like 99% of the responses to Riku are "oh, Noctis 2!!!", "Noctis fake D:" or "is Nomura serious Riku is a Noctis replica now."
Am I the only one who feels a certain joy in Nomura being able to have a similar design to what he bascically created for Versus XIII / XV in a game that he is in charge for? Am I being melancholic here or what xD

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

Am I the only one who thinks Riku needs a dope motorcycle Keyblade transformation akin to the gliders from BBS?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

What if the key to return hearts is actually the friends we made along the way.

Lmao this might be actually true in KH

god I choked on my Famous Amos cookie

But for real, look at the worlds so far:

Tangled: Eugene dies for Rapunzel ---> Rapunzel's love of Eugene makes her cry one tear that heals
Hercules: Meg dies for Hercules ---> Hercules gains godhood because of his love and pulls Meg from the underworld
Frozen: Anna has a frozen heart ---> Elsa saves Anna with a loving hug

And then we have stuff like Big Hero 6 with Evil Baymax who is being used like a puppet

BH6 will likely culminate in Hiro using his love of his brother and Baymax to free Evil Baymax from the Darkness.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Not a KHi problem, but it genuinely makes me kinda sad how like 99% of the responses to Riku are "oh, Noctis 2!!!", "Noctis fake D:" or "is Nomura serious Riku is a Noctis replica now."
Am I the only one who feels a certain joy in Nomura being able to have a similar design to what he bascically created for Versus XIII / XV in a game that he is in charge for? Am I being melancholic here or what xD

Nomura is reclaiming his throne. FFXV was his and now he's going to use every single idea he had for that game and just make it 100000% better in this. Riku looks like Noctis now, Sora is also Noctis, Mickey is Noctis.

Ariel is Leviathan but like 100% better and more useful and easier to summon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back