• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots and renders released!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Re: New Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots and renders show Monster's Inc, Riku, and Toy Story.

I think an adult Bambi summon would be a good callback.

If their worlds aren't in the game, I'd expect Jack Skellington and Simba to be summons.

End

Awards
Re: New Kingdom Hearts 3 screenshots and renders show Monster's Inc, Riku, and Toy Story.

Guys, the new Riku design shows a lot of character development. He's not holding onto the darkness as much and is generally a happier guy. Just cause he looks like a Noctis rip-off doesn't mean it's not a neat design. As for the keyblade, lets not forget that the Kingdom Key is just a key. A key with a handle inside the loop.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

maybe but why would riku fet that keyblade when it sora job to find that keyblade though?

It isn't even confirmed that the "Key to return hearts" is a Keyblade in the first place but yes, finding that key is Sora's primary task this time around.

Hey guys, I just realized, this Keyblade might be Fenrir!
What joy! I love that Fenrir from KH II is straight up a canon key in KH III. It's a nice touch, I love Fenrir.
Wonder what crazy hijinks Riku and Fenrir will get into. But wait... you only got Fenrir after defeating Sephiroth *gasp* DO YOU THINK WE WILL DEFEAT SEPHIROTH IN THE STORY, HENCEFORTH OBTAINING FENRIR?
Good ol' Fenrir.

No but seriously, are we really getting his new Keyblade? I know no one really knows, I'm just... I don't know how much I dig it, if this will be it. Seems average sword for average dude in average JRPG.
Riku's design is... it's not my favourite, but I'm cool with it. I just wish he didn't have that checkered pattern on his pants.

Uh no, you don't get Fenrir after defeating Sephiroth, lol.
In fact Sora never even comes close to even harming Sephiroth because while he admits Sora is a skilled warrior all he does is dusting off his coat after their fight.

You get the Fenrir Keychain because Tifa gives it to Sora in gratitude for aiding her quest. There's even a cutscene in KH 2 where she puts the Keychain into Sora's hand so IF that blade has truly something to do with Fenrir (or is a version of it) Riku would most likely acquire it from Tifa as well.

The same Keychain being used by multiple people is also nothing new as we already have examples in form of Star Seeker, Oathkeeper and Oblivion.

Going by the look of it while it looks bigger than Way to the Dawn it really isn't that much bigger overall.
Only the blade is somewhat thicker making it look more heavy, but it also looks reasonably lightweight so Riku could still use it in his preferred Battle style.
It's blade is also way brighter than Fenrir is and might thus a metaphor for his whole "Dawn"-theme.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards

There goes our "Everyone is Xehanort, everyone else is Sora" religion
There could still be hope for the "Everyone is Kairi's Grandma" sect tho

That religion is already dead, everyone knows that when Xehanort's plans to turn Sora went sour he went to the most powerful being in the universe to combat him - Kairi's grandma, now known as Grannynort or Xehananny.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Riku's new Keyblade leads to some interesting plot opportunities if it doesn't have the Master's eye.

End

Awards

Riku's new Keyblade leads to some interesting plot opportunities if it doesn't have the Master's eye.
Sign gets it. Everything is designed the way it is for a reason, even Sora's clothes in KH3D was for a reason. We just don't know yet. Let's not forget that Riku's old keyblade broke. Not even the keychain, the blade itself. PLOT.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

I hope there is a Gazing Eye on that faux-fenrir Keyblade. I'm so used to Riku always wielding one on his weapon (save for his DDD Keyblades of course..).

So I'm sure this has been brought up before, but with Monsters Inc coming to KH3 that pretty much rules out Halloween Town coming back right? Not that I'm complaining, they worked the story as much as they possibly could, but it'd been neat to see HT in these new graphics. So I figure they won't have two worlds based on monsters and there isn't any way they could spin a new story.

Also with Ariel being a summon do you suppose that rules out Atlantica coming back as well? Kind of like having a Peter Pan summon in KH2 without Neverland.

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

The renders look way better than the trailers, especially the ones for Sulley and Goofy. I guess this is what they are going for in the end and the leaks kinda made them show it early?

I really like Riku's design. The keyblade will have to grow on me. Because... it's so plain, looks like Fenrir, and I loved The Way to Dawn.

End

Awards

Also with Ariel being a summon do you suppose that rules out Atlantica coming back as well? Kind of like having a Peter Pan summon in KH2 without Neverland.
I doubt they'd bring back Atlantica simply due to the major backlash for how bad it was. Nomura sticks to his stories but the folks at SE aren't dumb. I think they purposely showed off Ariel as a summon in that trailer to ease people's minds about the possibility of another Atlantica.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

Most likely.

Though since you got Peter Pan from a pirate themed world in KH2. I wonder if it'll be the same situation for Ariel.

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Most likely.

Though since you got Peter Pan from a pirate themed world in KH2. I wonder if it'll be the same situation for Ariel.
A water themed world? Hmm..

Moana or Nemo world confirmed!

Also maybe a Jack summon from Monsters Inc world?

Ranma

Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com

Guys, the new Riku design shows a lot of character development. He's not holding onto the darkness as much and is generally a happier guy. Just cause he looks like a Noctis rip-off doesn't mean it's not a neat design. As for the keyblade, lets not forget that the Kingdom Key is just a key. A key with a handle inside the loop.

There is also a hidden crown in the blade of the Kingdom Key. And no, not just the blade part... but in the part thats not there. It's shaped just like Sora's necklace. I also think the colors compliment.

End

Awards

27x1aiu.png

UltimaXOmega

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Huh, I never noticed those circular holes instead of teeth in the Kayblade. I have a key just like that, except it has like 20 of them.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards

Riku's hair looks like Sora's now...

End

Awards

Loving the new Riku design!
latest

Hakan Xatos

Awards

Huh, I never noticed those circular holes instead of teeth in the Kayblade. I have a key just like that, except it has like 20 of them.
This is the closest picture I could find that looks similar to my key. Does anyone know what type this is called? The one pictured is actually used for lockpicking, but they make regular keys like this as well. It's probably what Riku's Keyblade is based on.

dom-ix-kg-foil-impressioning-key.jpg

End

Awards

This is the closest picture I could find that looks similar to my key. Does anyone know what type this is called? The one pictured is actually used for lockpicking, but they make regular keys like this as well. It's probably what Riku's Keyblade is based on.

dom-ix-kg-foil-impressioning-key.jpg

You see the light now friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back