• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Kingdom Hearts 3 Re:Mind DLC trailer, Release Dates Announced

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

redcrown

Awards
I KNEW IT! Sora dies because he feels the despair of everyone's hearts he tried to save! By losing their hearts to darkness, their worst emotions come out, meaning that Sora's connections with them tightens as he uses the Power of Waking, meaning that he bridged his heart to darkness, unwillingly, causing his demise.

Even though this makes complete sense, I now have to think about what could possibly be the worst emotions Mickey Donald and Goofy have had.

Violet Pluto

Awards
I liked the trailer. I like playable Kairi, though wasn't really expecting it nor did I need it to want to buy the DLC. Unlike what seems to be most people here I don't dislike the main game's story nor do I think that all of it's faults and boons are the fault of Nomura alone (though he seems to be the avatar that people point at all of the time). If anything I will put the blame on Disney for most of the things dealing with the worlds and otherwise I would say that there is something good under all of that corporate mess.

The problem that Disney is irrelevant has popped up again, and I would say I have the same problem but, for different reasons. At this point I would rather Kingdom Hearts just have Square-Enix cameos than Disney being there as well because I can see that it is starting to have the problem of all inter-company crossovers: Getting the other company to play ball without taking it away. Disney for one is a huge company and not above bullying (or buying) smaller companies to get what they want and they have been very aggressive for the last ten years at the very least so I can see a bunch of problems moving forward, especially as they have shown that they are going to be overlooking each and every world now, which they didn't seem to be doing before because now we have reports about it like it is a new thing.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I liked the trailer. I like playable Kairi, though wasn't really expecting it nor did I need it to want to buy the DLC. Unlike what seems to be most people here I don't dislike the main game's story nor do I think that all of it's faults and boons are the fault of Nomura alone (though he seems to be the avatar that people point at all of the time). If anything I will put the blame on Disney for most of the things dealing with the worlds and otherwise I would say that there is something good under all of that corporate mess.

The problem that Disney is irrelevant has popped up again, and I would say I have the same problem but, for different reasons. At this point I would rather Kingdom Hearts just have Square-Enix cameos than Disney being there as well because I can see that it is starting to have the problem of all inter-company crossovers: Getting the other company to play ball without taking it away. Disney for one is a huge company and not above bullying (or buying) smaller companies to get what they want and they have been very aggressive for the last ten years at the very least so I can see a bunch of problems moving forward, especially as they have shown that they are going to be overlooking each and every world now, which they didn't seem to be doing before because now we have reports about it like it is a new thing.
A interesting take on the situation. I've always felt ReMind was more for the hardcore KH fans. Base KH3 does feel more like for casuals and for those just for the Disney stuff in comparison, given how many major events are rushed and glossed over at the KG.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
The entirety of the Disney worlds were narrative foreshadowing Sora's fate.

Oh yeah, which is why when people say the Disney worlds were irrelevant and filler, I can't help but wonder if they even paid attention to what was going on at all. Which speaks to a bigger point that I want to make...

Honestly (and this isn't directed to anyone, this is addressed to these complaints as a whole), I think some people will never be happy at all. Whether they feel KH3 was a disappointment or not is a moot point because what's done is done, and at least the DLC is bringing a lot of what people felt was missing in the base game. If ReMIND didn't add in FF characters, playable Kairi and an explorable Scala ad Caelum, they'd be calling it a "missed opportunity" and still use it to trash the game. But when they seem to really be trying to add in things due to fan criticism, now it's "But it's behind a paywall and should've been in the game!" You can't win lmao. But then again, FFXV had the same backlash with the Royal Edition a year ago and now nobody cares (and FFXV was in a much worse position), so I already know how this is gonna go.

And I mean sure, it'd be nice if it was. But it wasn't. We're still getting more content anyway, and I for one, am grateful we're even getting anything at all. Nomura could've said "fuck it I'm working on VIIR" and dipped after KH3 came out, it's not like we were owed anything other than KH3 (despite people's subjective experiences). Now of course, we still have to actually PLAY the DLC to see how good it is, but I feel like at this point... If people aren't at least interested, I don't know what to say. Better luck next time? But the fact that people call the game "unfinished" rubs me the wrong way. I truly believe the devs did their best, so to see people acting like this is disappointing. But thankfully, 90% of the reactions for the new trailer has been nothing but love.

I'm personally ready for the DLC to come out so we can all finally move on and look forward to what's coming next. Nomura made the right call in dropping only one DLC, and I think everyone's better off for it.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
But I blame Nomura as much for his bad planning and indulgent approach to the process as anything. He was going after the rights to Toy Story before he even had a plan for how it would be incorporated into the story. His staff was telling him the FF characters should be in the game, but he didn't feel they were special enough for his game series anymore. He thought (not for the first time) that nobody would care that Aqua is a character who has an arc that kind of matters. Nomura had years to develop a story for this game, and when push came to shove, he had time enough to figure out what he was going to feature and what he was going to cut: and we got Verum Rex and buckets of cryptic allusion as to how relevant KH4 will be to making sense of this title when we could have gotten a plot for Xion. Or Roxas. Or Terra. Or Kairi.

I don't doubt that Nomura was pressed, but I also think he directed this game poorly. Both can be true.
Love the whole comment but I wanted to emphasize this part. It's great that Nomura brought in Toy Story when he's wanted it in for so long, but...this whole time he never once, in 17-ish years, tried to figure out how he'd implement its inclusion? Everyone tells him FF characters should be in KH, but he's like "Nah, these other crossovers have FF so KH doesn't need them." He makes Aqua important and do things that mean things with her, but he's utterly oblivious to why people like her and why everyone was freaking out when we first saw Dark Aqua in the trailer. Aaand you know the rest. XD

Like, I admit that I'm kind of a "I'll do it when I get there" type of person, but I know the importance of prepwork. KH3 had a troubled production but this doesn't excuse how Nomura didn't seem to bother with it at all until it was officially being worked on, not bring others in on the story, and he's so...weirdly oblivious about things.

Oh yeah, which is why when people say the Disney worlds were irrelevant and filler, I can't help but wonder if they even paid attention to what was going on at all. Which speaks to a bigger point that I want to make...
Spending hours upon hours in worlds all for a little endgame foreshadowing isn't the same thing as moving the story forward.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Love the whole comment but I wanted to emphasize this part. It's great that Nomura brought in Toy Story when he's wanted it in for so long, but...this whole time he never once, in 17-ish years, tried to figure out how he'd implement its inclusion? Everyone tells him FF characters should be in KH, but he's like "Nah, these other crossovers have FF so KH doesn't need them." He makes Aqua important and do things that mean things with her, but he's utterly oblivious to why people like her and why everyone was freaking out when we first saw Dark Aqua in the trailer. Aaand you know the rest. XD

Like, I admit that I'm kind of a "I'll do it when I get there" type of person, but I know the importance of prepwork. KH3 had a troubled production but this doesn't excuse how Nomura didn't seem to bother with it at all until it was officially being worked on, not bring others in on the story, and he's so...weirdly oblivious about things.

Spending hours upon hours in worlds all for a little endgame foreshadowing isn't the same thing as moving the story forward.
I think the best tip the writing has is what Spock said: an editor. Nomura needs someone that can help him keep his ideas on track. His is a brilliant mind, but sometimes creativity mixed with enthusiasm can lead to a path of no focus.

Perkilator

Awards

My thoughts exactly. It’s great that Nomura is listening to feedback at all, and my only hope at this point is that he learns from this later down the line.

Papa92

Everything we know about Re:Mind.

1. Photo mode with many options.

The first photo mode example was Sora surrounded by the seven puddings.

The second was an energetic Master Xehanort.

The third a Meow Wow with Sea Salt Ice.

The fourth was Ventus and Vanitas.

2. Slideshow mode.

3. Fast pass mode.

4. Black Code Mode.

Director Tetsuya Nomura treated the audience to an exclusive look at some of the other extras that will be available with the DLC! Looks like the next trailer will drop next month & the release date will also be announced next month!

The extras shown included a “Greeting Data” mode-Photo Mod where you can choose a location setting, characters, items, and sfx and create a diorama with it and take screenshots. The “Slide Show” mode then let’s you put those screenshots to music in a slideshow.

The “Premium Menu” mode has two parts: “Fastpass” allows you to go into your menu at what looks like any moment and change settings so you’re overpowered. In contrast, the “Black Code” allows you to tweak things and make them ridiculously hard (like blocking healing, etc).

Also we know :

1. Oathkeeper

2. Oblivion

3. New forms

4. Limit Cut episode

5. Re:Mind Scenario

6. Many bosses equal or more than Kh2:FM.

7. Data Battles

8. New Cutscenes and enemies.

Kingdom Hearts III downloadable content “ReMIND” will launch for PlayStation 4 on January 23, 2020 and Xbox One on February 25, Square Enix announced.

Here is an overview of the downloadable content, via Square Enix:

Re Mind – the other tale that unfolded during the climax of Kingdom Hearts III. Determined to rescue Kairi, Sora travels to the Keyblade Graveyard a short time before the final battle was to take place. Lacking a corporeal form, he traces the hearts of the seven guardians of light. Through experiencing their personal battles firsthand, Sora is about to discover truths that he has never before imagined.

We now also learned that it will have :

The inclusion of Final Fantasy characters, including Squall/Leon, Yuffie, and Aerith

Explorable Scala Ad Caelum

Playable Kairi

A battle sequence where the Guardians of Light clash with the Xehanort vessels. The three available commands are Attack, Aerial Dodge and Reflega.

Several new boss battles are shown, including more Organization XIII battles, as well as a battle against what seems to be a recolored version of Dark Inferno

New story sequences, including:

Riku traveling to Radiant Garden to find Sora

Sora and Aqua standing against several clones/visions(?) of Dark Aqua, implied by Sora to be the embodiment of Aqua's despair

Demyx appearing before Riku in the Keyblade Graveyard

Sora unlocking Riku's Dive to the Heart

Sora and Kairi together in the Final World

Sora meeting Yozora in a night-time scene in the Final World.

Post ending scenes(?).

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
Yeah, they're using those old stained glass clock artwork from the 15th anniversary. Judging by the description, it sounds like we'll be seeing several other Stations of Awakenings, but it's probably safe to assume they will all use the clock arts.
It's slighty upated. This is the original one for the 15th anniversary. In the new one Riku is not holding CoM cards and the circle of CoM cards around him is replaced by hearts. It's strange still not having his best friend Sora there though.

drew0512

Awards
Disney worlds are not supposed to move the story forward, that's what original worlds are for (for every rule there is an exception: Hook's ship in KH1). Don't dismiss foreshadowing and what KH3 (and KH1) did so easily, as it helps tremendously in making the whole game feel more organic. There's a reason KH1 is said to have the best inclusion of Disney worlds despite having a grand total of 1 (!) world relevant to the main plot in a meaningful way.
That being said, I 100% agree with what SuperSayanSora said. Some things are easy to overlook and dismiss when you're not really willing to pay attention.

On a final note, I'm slightly worried about the Secret Episode (or whatever those Riku scenes are from). I hope they are not sidelining Kairi and that she is up to something with Lea and the others while Riku and Aqua are doing their things (supposedly going to the RoD)

AR829038

Awards
Let's just all keep in mind. SE/Nomura didn't have to do ANY of this for us. They were already getting accolades from critics and awards from the at-large gaming community for the base game. If SE were an American company, they would have just written all our criticisms off as high or unreasonable expectations and taken all their money and awards home with them. Even after they announced they'd be making DLC, I only expected us to get one or two things—the most notable things that people complained about—but here it seems we're getting EVERYthing we could have asked for and more.
Now, I personally was of the camp that really loved KH3 when it came out, even though I agreed with most of the complainers about their criticisms. But after what we're seeing, and considering that what we're getting in this DLC is likely going to dwarf all the extra content we got for KH2FM, I think it's appropriate to say that there are currently a lot of fans out there that owe SE/Nomura a big thank you after having all their complaints answered like this. I always had faith that the DLC would fix a lot of the issues with this game, and after dealing with the constant negativity around this game, I now for one feel vindicated.
Should some of this have been in the base game at launch? Absolutely.
But now, we are getting it, so everyone who's been sour for the last year about all the things that were missing can just stop whining at this point. We're getting our complete game. And that was never a guarantee.
Thank you, SE. Thank you, Nomura! And God bless this series!

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I was going to say it can't be time travel because Sora didn't cast off his physical form but I guess there are probably a dozen or more viable reasons that's not necessarily true at this point, exactly one game after that mechanic was introduced, so. Yeah it's not liable to make the story feel more confusing or incoherent at all haha.

I’m not disagreeing with you at all as far as the coherency of it all goes. Just wanted to point out that Sora has lost his physical form and is using his connection to the Guardians to regain it, similar to Maleficent using the fairies in KH2 to regain her form after traveling to the past to the UX era between KH1 and 2. So it does somewhat fit in with the established rules, I guess. Make of that what you will. Lmao.

GreyouTT

Awards
I was going to say it can't be time travel because Sora didn't cast off his physical form but I guess there are probably a dozen or more viable reasons that's not necessarily true at this point, exactly one game after that mechanic was introduced, so. Yeah it's not liable to make the story feel more confusing or incoherent at all haha.

Did you not read the video's description in my comment that literally says "lacking a corporeal form"?

Main things like
Mandatory star being a nameless future character while optional star is one of the main protagonists since the second game in the series

That's what we call a development oversight.

Subject X
"The Light from the Past"
Marluxia is from the past
Larxene is from the past
Luxord is from the past
Xigbar is from the past

I would say giving characters with no backstory a backstory (sans Xigbar), and tying them in with set up for future things is important main plot stuff.

Demyx is from the...where'd he get off to?

I concede this one, but at least Re+Mind is doing something with it.

There were a lot of circumstantial factors that hurt this game's development (note, this is true for probably every game ever made), and I applaud the development staff for sticking with it and putting in the extra hours. But I blame Nomura as much for his bad planning and indulgent approach to the process as anything. He was going after the rights to Toy Story before he even had a plan for how it would be incorporated into the story. His staff was telling him the FF characters should be in the game, but he didn't feel they were special enough for his game series anymore. He thought (not for the first time) that nobody would care that Aqua is a character who has an arc that kind of matters. Nomura had years to develop a story for this game, and when push came to shove, he had time enough to figure out what he was going to feature and what he was going to cut: and we got Verum Rex and buckets of cryptic allusion as to how relevant KH4 will be to making sense of this title when we could have gotten a plot for Xion. Or Roxas. Or Terra. Or Kairi.

I don't doubt that Nomura was pressed, but I also think he directed this game poorly. Both can be true.

You could plan everything perfectly, but that doesn't mean things will always go as planned. Especially in game development. Plans change constantly, and it is most likely not even the first time that his plans were forced to change due to stalled development (vs13 resulting in the multiple non-numbered games).

Toy Story was something he wanted since KH1, and it's one of the more well implemented worlds in the game. I don't get why it's an issue.

I agree with the Aqua thing, I don't get what his deal is with that. But at least Re+Mind is touching on it.

I don't really blame him for cutting FF since they've had no bearing or relevance in the overall main plot since Birth by Sleep. Especially when he's behind schedule. Heck, I don't think Re+Mind is even gonna have them for longer than three minutes tops (which is most likely what it would have been anyway had they shown up in the main game proper). It would have been nice to have them in the main game, but I don't flipping blame him for not including them.

We could have gotten a lot of things in the series, but they're cut because there's not enough time to finish them and plans had to be changed.

Last edited:

2 quid is good

Awards
I don't really blame him for cutting FF since they've had no bearing or relevance in the overall main plot since Birth by Sleep. Especially when he's behind schedule. Heck, I don't think Re+Mind is even gonna have them for longer than three minutes tops (which is most likely what it would have been anyway had they shown up in the main game proper). It would have been nice to have them in the main game, but I don't flipping blame him for not including them.
I disagree with this so much but I'm just so tired of having to defend why something that was a staple in KH1, 2 and 0 should have been included in KH3.

Just let us have this please. We already don't have barely enough Original worlds anymore. Just.... Let us have that charm we loved back.

GreyouTT

Awards
I disagree with this so much but I'm just so tired of having to defend why something that was a staple in KH1, 2 and 0 should have been included in KH3.

Just let us have this please. We already don't have barely enough Original worlds anymore. Just.... Let us have that charm we loved back.

You're acting like these things are gone forever when they clearly aren't. >.>

Also that was simply my perspective on things, and saying that I don't blame Nomura for making that decision despite the results. I got into the series because of the Disney stuff, so I don't have the attachment some other people do to the FF side. I got into FF later yeah, but I've only played four of the games. I just don't blame the guy for having to make a decision because his plans derailed. KH isn't even the only thing that got affected by Vs13 either, Nomura said 7R was originally going to happen back after Crisis Core.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I think the best tip the writing has is what Spock said: an editor. Nomura needs someone that can help him keep his ideas on track. His is a brilliant mind, but sometimes creativity mixed with enthusiasm can lead to a path of no focus.
Don't I know it...

I blame SE over this. They pull him around every which way, even making him a director without his knowledge. It's horrible mismanagement when they just do whatever and Nomura is a reflection of that.

My thoughts exactly. It’s great that Nomura is listening to feedback at all, and my only hope at this point is that he learns from this later down the line.
Agreed. I hope both KH3's production and Re:Mind was a heavy learning experience. Not just to Nomura, but everyone involved.

Back