• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS 1.5 HD ReMIX Images and Info from 4Gamer!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
32.jpg

Just noticed the inventory bar at the side.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
24.jpg

I am just a tad disappointed that they chose to keep the old hp bars for enemies from KH1. I thought that would have been one of the obvious things that should have been changed. All the same, this picture is jaw-dropping.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Idk, the old HP bars keep a sense of nostalgia. It's the only game they used that exact style in and I always felt a sense of glee working my way down the colors until it was finally green.

Domination

Awards
Idk, the old HP bars keep a sense of nostalgia. It's the only game they used that exact style in and I always felt a sense of glee working my way down the colors until it was finally green.

^This.

All nostalgia aside, I'd still rather the KH1 enemy HP bar than the current.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I think maybe the reason they ever changed it to the green HP bars with blocks under them in later games was because of the sheer amount of health some bosses (particulary Sephiroth) have. In KH 1 Seph had already one invisible HP bar and in KH 2 he had like what, 20 bars?
They simply ran out of colors and decided to go all green after that, lol.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
I think maybe the reason they ever changed it to the green HP bars with blocks under them in later games was because of the sheer amount of health some bosses (particulary Sephiroth) have. In KH 1 Seph had already one invisible HP bar and in KH 2 he had like what, 20 bars?
They simply ran out of colors and decided to go all green after that, lol.

Well, I think that's why in BBS and KH3D, they chose to simply save on giving the enemies a ton of HP bars and simply boost up their defense by a time. Biggest example being Vanitas Remnant.
"Oh, he only has 1 HP Bar? How dissa--WHAT DA CRAP?!?!?!?!?!"

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Well, I think that's why in BBS and KH3D, they chose to simply save on giving the enemies a ton of HP bars and simply boost up their defense by a time. Biggest example being Vanitas Remnant.
"Oh, he only has 1 HP Bar? How dissa--WHAT DA CRAP?!?!?!?!?!"

To be fair, Julius (as well as regular bosses Young Xehanort, Xemnas and Ansem SoD) also have tons of HP bars in DDD. Vanitas' Remnant and the MF from BBS are special cases though because not only dish they out one murderous attack after the other, they can also heal themselves.
The high defense was so far I think a specialty of Vanitas' Remnant though, although getting the four HP bars of the MF down with that defense would have been close to impossible, considering the MF's attacks.

If I recall correctly, BBS was the only game in the series that didn't have excessive HP-bars beside KH 1 while Days is certainly the worst offender where even regular enemies like the Zip Slasher had ten HP-bars, lol.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
To be fair, Julius (as well as regular bosses Young Xehanort, Xemnas and Ansem SoD) also have tons of HP bars in DDD.

I dunno, I mean they do have several, but they're pretty tame when you compare them to the HP bars of other KH games.

And goodness, I forgot how merciless Days was... goodness, that game had such an odd difficulty spike.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I dunno, I mean they do have several, but they're pretty tame when you compare them to the HP bars of other KH games.

And goodness, I forgot how merciless Days was... goodness, that game had such an odd difficulty spike.

Julius has twelve HP bars, of course less than Sephiroth's twenty, but still more than any enemy in KH 1, which had six HP bars maximum: green - yellow - dark yellow - orange - red - purple (Sephiroth had seven, counting the invisible one) if I recall correctly.

Xemnas in DDD has nine and a half HP bars and Ansem SoD ten and a quarter, for regular storybosses that's quite some bit of HP, I think not even final Xemnas in KH2 had that much.

Young Xehanort is actually pretty "mediocre" with seven HP bars, lol.

---

Days is more tedious than actually difficult if you bring along enough magic. Most enemies with tons of HP have only two or three attacks.
Some bosses are quite the nuisance though.

Voltron

Silver Member
I'm probably the only one who thinks the HP bars from KH1 were the best. Never cared for the green bars.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I'm probably the only one who thinks the HP bars from KH1 were the best. Never cared for the green bars.

I liked them. They gave bosses the feeling of mysteriousness especially with the invisible HP bars.

Voltron

Silver Member
For some reason it gave them a greater sense of difficulty to me. All of the bosses seems so much more challenging in my opinion. And I agree on the feeling of mysteriousness.

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Same here.. Those HP Bars was the best! It made you mad as heck to bring it down, but at the same time, full of glee when bringing it down one bar at a time.. The HD Collection will be very enjoyable to play once it comes out to America.. I hope!

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I love how there's so much nostalgia for HP bars (I never paid then much mind personally, but I like them being there). ( ・ω・)

Voltron

Silver Member
It was part of what made it fun. You just never knew how many more bars that the boss had. It took me forever to understand that there were two purple-esque bars.

Roxie1563

Awards
It was part of what made it fun. You just never knew how many more bars that the boss had. It took me forever to understand that there were two purple-esque bars.

So did I! One time when I was facing The One Winged Angel, I couldn't understand why that purple bar wasn't going down like heck until I took one bar down, it was then it was invisible! But by then, I lost. :(

Voltron

Silver Member
So did I! One time when I was facing The One Winged Angel, I couldn't understand why that purple bar wasn't going down like heck until I took one bar down, it was then it was invisible! But by then, I lost. :(

I didn't realize that either. It took me a while to understand it. Keeping the bars they way they are was a good move, imo.

Roxie1563

Awards
I didn't realize that either. It took me a while to understand it. Keeping the bars they way they are was a good move, imo.

I agree. After all, this is KH1's finest things ever to put in a game. It was amazing and interesting! But that will change once we pass KH1 and move on to Re: COM, KH2, maybe BBS, Coded and DDD.

@Chaser: Lmao, I was so happy to see the Green bar!! xD I knew I was getting close to ending the boss's life to nothingness!! *evil laugher* Muahahaha!!!

Domination

Awards
There's just something about dwindling down those colours that makes boss fights fun. Seeing that colour change gives you such an accomplished feeling. This is getting me so excited for when the game is (hopefully) released. It's hard to put into words!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back