• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Scan in Jump!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Actually, that screenshot of Terra and Ven walking in the Dark Forest of Dwarf Woodlands (at least I assume it is Dwarf Woodlands, the trees look similar to those Ven protected Snow White from) has some eerie similarities to the scene in DDD where Sora is running after an illusory Riku and Kairi who then warp into Aqua and Terra.

That's a good comparison, I can completely see that happening. Maybe these illusions end up warping into a young Riku and Sora respectively to reflect Aqua's encounter with them once they turn around. It'd be an interesting parallel of events.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
lol Ven, something is wrong with ur clothing.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I suppose it might be a little weird for me to talk about that as well but… maybe his clothing might be symbolizing his relevance in Unchained Chi. xD

Or maybe it represents how Ven has finally accepted both the light and darkness. His clothes before represented the divide between them, but the checkering could now show he is whole again?

Or the dev team has been drinking. Or Nomura decided to change the design on a whim.
There's only one explanation.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Pandymint

Awards
Or maybe it represents how Ven has finally accepted both the light and darkness. His clothes before represented the divide between them, but the checkering could now show he is whole again?

Or the dev team has been drinking. Or Nomura decided to change the design on a whim.

Or maybe he took a page for Akira Toriyama's book and just plain forgot.

Jesus Christ, tho, Aqua be looking good.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 0.<3: Birth By Sleep -A Fragmentary Hernia- Where we discover how Ven's jacket became checkered.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
His clothes were the same before Xehanort ripped the darkness from him, right? Now it has checkering which always reminds me more of Roxas even though he has that armband as well.. xD

Yes, Xehanort in his BBS reports also notes that pre-split Ventus was "too benign for his own good", so I don know where the notion comes from that pre-split Ventus "must" have a vastly different personality than post-split one. The implications go more towards that he wasn't that different before after all.

It isn't even confirmed yet that there's really checkering involved, it might also just be a glitch or graphic error in the screenshot.
The armbands Ven and Roxas have a similar but not the same. Ventus' variant has thick white edges while Roxas' has thin black edges.

That's a good comparison, I can completely see that happening. Maybe these illusions end up warping into a young Riku and Sora respectively to reflect Aqua's encounter with them once they turn around. It'd be an interesting parallel of events.

Possible, it's also possible as well that the "checkering" is actually part of the illusion if it isn't a graphic glitch. We do not know the context of this scene.

Lord Sora

Awards
It isn't even confirmed yet that there's really checkering involved, it might also just be a glitch or graphic error in the screenshot.
The armbands Ven and Roxas have a similar but not the same. Ventus' variant has thick white edges while Roxas' has thin black edge

I don't think glitches work that way. From what I was taught over the past 10 weeks (and knew sorta before from mmd) about gaming is that you just open a program like Photoshop and bring textures to an unwrap by just using a tablet and... draw. So no difficult codes involved, you just draw and give it a color.

Which means Nomura and his team were probably drunk when they did this.

Possible, it's also possible as well that the "checkering" is actually part of the illusion if it isn't a graphic glitch. We do not know the context of this scene.

This is actually what I was thinking if Nomura's team wasn't drunk.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I guess the issue I'm still having with Mickey's face is that his mouth looks too small or something? Even when Mickey isn't smiling or taking, his mouth always reaches into his cheek? Maybe it's just a difference in how they can do the models now??

But if this is how it's gonna be, I'm fine with that I suppose... the lighting looks fantastic regardless.

kh2_king_mickey_mouse_icon_by_noelkreiss1-d57avc5.png

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back