• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New KINGDOM HEARTS 0.2 Scan in Jump!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Jump has a small feature on KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep 0.2 -A fragmentary passage-, showing off Aqua's new model and some new screenshots.

Source: kazu4281

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Loving the new Aqua model that's being used. And I find it intriguing that Ventus and Terra are being depicted in more than one scenario... really fits the psychological effects the Realm of Darkness has.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Loving the new Aqua model that's being used. And I find it intriguing that Ventus and Terra are being depicted in more than one scenario... really fits the psychological effects the Realm of Darkness has.

Actually, that screenshot of Terra and Ven walking in the Dark Forest of Dwarf Woodlands (at least I assume it is Dwarf Woodlands, the trees look similar to those Ven protected Snow White from) has some eerie similarities to the scene in DDD where Sora is running after an illusory Riku and Kairi who then warp into Aqua and Terra.

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
I feel like following these illusions of Ventus and Terra is what keeps Aqua going so I'm quite positive we'll encounter them in several locations.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Isn't that technically 'chasing the darkness/hurt' like Sora did? (as Seph mentioned)
It might be her undoing even if it keeps her going

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Isn't that technically 'chasing the darkness/hurt' like Sora did? (as Seph mentioned)
It might be her undoing even if it keeps her going

Well she makes it to the Dark Margin without seeming too emotionally ruined, does she not? If anything she was still clinging to hope when AtW talks about a Keyblade wielder who has been saving the worlds and immediately asked if they were Terra or Ven.

I think Terra and Ven are meant to be her guides as she loses herself on her own.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I love Aqua's new render here! I personally prefer it more than her CGI artwork. It's good to see Ven and Terra appearing in another location.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
I suppose that's true. She ends up safe in the end.

I guess the key difference here is her chasing her pain/hurt isn't being orchestrated by some evil bald dude and is just general unharnessed darkness which she can handle.

Lord Sora

Awards
lol Ven, something is wrong with ur clothing.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
Aqua's new render is amazing. The graphics of the new engine for this series have really started to take shape into something visually stunning.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I suppose that's true. She ends up safe in the end.

I guess the key difference here is her chasing her pain/hurt isn't being orchestrated by some evil bald dude and is just general unharnessed darkness which she can handle.

It may be a parallel to Sora in DDD but with a different outcome.

I'd say the key is more that Aqua is really "only" dealing with her own pain here and possibly Terra's/Ven's by proxy.
Sora on the other hand had to deal with the combined pain of Naminé, Xion, Roxas and Ventus (in the order they appeared in DDD) with only short pauses between it.
Not to mention that all those people's hearts except Naminés also all reside directly in his own heart which probably increases the impact as well.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
lol Ven, something is wrong with ur clothing.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I suppose it might be a little weird for me to talk about that as well but… maybe his clothing might be symbolizing his relevance in Unchained Chi. xD

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Or maybe it represents how Ven has finally accepted both the light and darkness. His clothes before represented the divide between them, but the checkering could now show he is whole again?

Or the dev team has been drinking. Or Nomura decided to change the design on a whim.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards
Or maybe it represents how Ven has finally accepted both the light and darkness. His clothes before represented the divide between them, but the checkering could now show he is whole again?

Or the dev team has been drinking. Or Nomura decided to change the design on a whim.

my vote's for the former.

Carnagewake

I don't know why I'm just now thinking of this, but I'm getting a Yuna vibe from Aqua's clothes.
Specifically a Songstress Yuna vibe.
I'm liking it.
4091c3263b3e9c33ce96fa9f989b2af8.jpg

While we're at it, can we get some love for Songstress Yuna? =P

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I suppose it might be a little weird for me to talk about that as well but… maybe his clothing might be symbolizing his relevance in Unchained Chi. xD

I'll settle with the explanation that it is just a graphical error for now.
One can also overanalyze things. ^__^

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
His clothes were the same before Xehanort ripped the darkness from him, right? Now it has checkering which always reminds me more of Roxas even though he has that armband as well.. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back