• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEW KH info

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Puck

THE GHOST ELF of LONG BEACH
Turn based and action based>>>>>>>card based

CoM would've been kicka** if it either had KH1's battle system or Blue Dragon's spectacular turn based system. This card thing is lame and it's going to make BBS a really sucky game in terms of gameplay.

Jinsei

Are you all idiots? The card system was AWESOME, as well as an ingenius battle system, which as far as I know had never been thought of before. It added depth and strategy to an otherwise boring style of gameplay. (Trust me, KH1 gameplay for CoM would have been 20 times worse). At least the card system added flare. If you all hate it so much then why did you even play CoM? Because you love KH? Because you wanted to know the story? Any true fan of the KH franchise would be glad we're getting the games at all. Nomura doesn't HAVE to make them. And if you think you can do the game better, then by all means, just try to make a series of games with amazing sales and deep, fresh, material and battle systems and ideas that keep the fans wanting more.

/rant over.

And also the battle system is still being made, there's still plenty of time for changes. Also Nomu stated that the system could end up feeling more like KH2 then CoM...so why all the complaining about cards?

Calling people idiots because a difference in opinion? Real mature. And yes the people who hated the system did play through the game solely for the story. I know I did. And no Nomura doesn't have to make it. And consumers don't have to buy it either. If nobody bought the game only the developers lose not the consumers. Nomura has an obligation to please people. If he doesn't then he loses money. If the fans don't like it they ave an equal right to complain.

/anti rant over

So far he said that BBS will have an evolved system like that of CoM so I'm still going to assume the worst. This game will be story to me. 358/2 Days will have to be twice as fun as I hope it will be in order to compensate lol.

And imo Story >>>> game play for the most part. The deck system isn't so terrible that it takes away from the story and thats what matters to me.

D

Dexter

Turn based and action based>>>>>>>card based

CoM would've been kicka** if it either had KH1's battle system or Blue Dragon's spectacular turn based system. This card thing is lame and it's going to make BBS a really sucky game in terms of gameplay.

Here's what somone posted on the kh-vids member. Ig to posting someone's idea for this syst gives a preatty good idea of how the "new" system will work.

/QUOTE]Anyway, you people are talking the "card" system to literally. Yes it'll be like CoM in the fact that you have to find/buy/learn abilities for you to use them. But thats all the resemblance to CoM there is. I'm going to posting someone's idea for this system:[/QUOTE]

You start with Three Slots and plug "Action" you find/learn/buy. And you plug it into one of the slots. As you gain experience you get more "Action Slots". Special moves probably require mp to use, Of coarse there will be some broken move you can spam and kill everything though :).

Now does that sound bad?

That's what I think it'll be like, something like CoM where you customize your abilities in your command menu.

Last edited:

Cin

In a box...you happy now you heartless bastard?
People are jumping to to many conclusions to quickly with these games. Like the framerate/graphics debate with 358/2 days, if people just step back and stop seeing the words "CoM" and "Battle System" as the only thing that BBS has, they might see all the amazing potential. Don't write off a game this fast guys. RPG master's post is a perfect example of stepping back and looking at what could be rather then just the amazingly vague idea that has been presented to us thus far.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
People hate the idea of "Cards" themselves. If Chains of Memories was EXACTLY the way it was, everything EXCEPT for literally calling them "Cards", people would have no problem with it. Basically, that KH-Vids members idea is precisely this: the cards system, without literally being 'cards'

Cin

People hate the idea of "Cards" themselves. If Chains of Memories was EXACTLY the way it was, everything EXCEPT for literally calling them "Cards", people would have no problem with it. Basically, that KH-Vids members idea is precisely this: the cards system, without literally being 'cards'

XD

KHfans: Look at those Yu-gi-oh fans over there, playing with their CARDS, what noobs. *All begin playing new amazing "squarular carboard representation of a move" battle system in BBS*.

I personally look forward to BBS, so I can play in the new battle system, I need a break from the random x button spam system that KH1 and 2 seem to have developed. (Lasted 4:06 with Sephiroth only pressing x and R1).

Last edited:

Puck

All I know is that 358/2 days better be good to compensate for this mess.

D

Dexter

All I know is that 358/2 days better be good to compensate for this mess.

WTF is wrong with you!? No seriously! Not to be rude or anything but c'mon your already judging it by the small amount of info we've been givin and it's already been stated that'll you'll still be able to spam with the constant XXX but now there'll be some stradgey invovled. It's kinda like reading the first sentence of a book and already thinking that it's bad. Why do you even like the constant XXXXXXXXX in kh1, and kh2? You must be A.D.D (no offence it's just that your attitude is pissin me off)............

Puck

I prefer this strategy. If I spam too much and use the same strategy, the boss kills me or he is super strong and has more turns than me. Not the villain kills me because I'm standing in a corner filling up my deck energy.

Card based systems are just lame. I have to to say it but I wish BBS had Blue Dragon's battle system. Either turn based( Blue Dragon, Dragon Quest) or straight up action( Oblvion, KH1, KH2), that's how I like it. My confidence in these new games have dropped. The only one that might have potential is 358/2 days but from what I'm hearing it's going to be an insanely short game. My worst fears for Kh spin offs have become reality.

D

Dexter

Card based systems are just lame

Who said they'll be cards!? All I said that you put various commands (magic, attack, abilties) in to your command mene. Nobody said ANYTHING about cards. It seems when somthing relates to stradgey you immedietly think cards...

I have to to say it but I w

Wish BBS had Blue Dragon's battle system. Either turn based( Blue Dragon, Dragon Quest) or straight up action( Oblvion, KH1, KH2), that's how I like it.

Yeah because it's defintly fun pressing the X button alllllllllll day, yeah what's the point of acutally rhinking, just hold on to the X button and your good to go!

My confidence in these new games have dropped.

I'm sorry this is gonna come off kinda rude but.....ARE YOU A FREAKIN IDIOT!!!? It's just that your saying your not excited about the game over a freakin battle system which might acutally might be better than COM, and which you've never played before and already judging your opinion. Your just stupid.....

The only one that might have potential is 358/2 days but from what I'm hearing it's going to be an insanely short game.

Who said that your friends bothers friend who know this other guys from school whos dad know this one guy from Square who knows Nomura? lol...until it's confirmed by Nomura all of these are just stupid rumors (plus one of which I've never heard).....

My worst fears for Kh spin offs have become reality.

WOW, already basing your opinion off one TGS trailer description and a couple of scans, this is just wayyyyyyy to crazy notice how your the only negative person on this board!

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
KHfans: Look at those Yu-gi-oh fans over there, playing with their CARDS, what noobs. *All begin playing new amazing "squarular carboard representation of a move" battle system in BBS*.

Yeah, pssh, they're not CARDS, they're CUSTOMIZABLE ACTION SEQUENCE COMMANDS, FTWFTW!

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Who said they'll be cards!? All I said that you put various commands (magic, attack, abilties) in to your command mene. Nobody said ANYTHING about cards. It seems when somthing relates to stradgey you immedietly think cards...
Looking at those out-dated screens, I figured it would be something like that. Because even though the command menu is layed out like KH1 and with the little keyblade and magic hat icons, it refers to one type of magic, like in the screen with Terra flying by the stairs, it says "Blizaga". And it seems in both screens he is using one of those special moves the KHVids person decribed. So it may have changed its visual layout, but I have a feeling that it will still play the same as the cards in COM but you can select from a certain number of slots which card to play unlinke COM where you can scroll through your whole deck, 1 card at a time. That's what I think, it wont suck, but wont be what I would have enjoyed.

Yeah because it's defintly fun pressing the X button alllllllllll day, yeah what's the point of acutally rhinking, just hold on to the X button and your good to go!
That's honestly what I liked about KH1, and that's what attracted me to it. The action-based battle system. KH2 over-did it as you dont have to walk up to the enemy or jump and attack. Pressing X sent Sora all over the screen, and there was hardly any need for magic or items other than Cure. KH1's reaction commands were better than KH2, and KH2 was better than COM IMO. I will give BBS a chance though, just like I did COM.

Card based systems are just lame. I have to to say it but I wish BBS had Blue Dragon's battle system. Either turn based( Blue Dragon, Dragon Quest) or straight up action( Oblvion, KH1, KH2), that's how I like it.
Same here but we're still not exactly sure what the BBS battle system is like. So far it was hinted on a battle system I dislike, so until I actually see it, I'm not confident about it either. It's funny, I'm a PSP owner, but I'm hoping for KH 358/2 a bit more.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
Wow its been a while since I was in the KH threads so I'm a little behind on information.

From what I read from IGN about the three Kingdom hearts games, thats seems pretty interesting. Now I have another reason why I should get a PSP besides Crisis Core.:mellow:

Twinblades

I think the battle system will be awsome, it'll still add the hack-and-slash elment with giving it a sence of stradgey. So you could enter all attack commands, or you could go with a more magic approach, or a mix between with good stradgey. Good we won't have to press the XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX like we did a MILLLLLLLLION times in kh2.....

thats a very good point
i did always liked the original gameplay but this one sounds not better but awsome

Cin

Puck...I'd just like to say a few things.

1. I've read 5 reviews for Blue Dragon, 4 of which said the battle system was repetative and boring, unoriginal and a major let-down. I'd have to say that based on the reviews I've read, your vision for the battle system of BBS would drag the game down to your amazingly low expectations.

2. Stop being so ignorant and give the games a try before you ram them down the developer's throats. There's a TON of time for the game to lower to your expectations. Hey, here's an idea, boycott Square, don't buy their games because you obviously dislike anything GOOD from them. Maybe budget cuts and lack of you will cause the game to come out JUST the way you want it.

And guys, I think we should just look at a something we've overlooked: The Sora vs. Terra battle.

We've already seen Terra fight, we've already seen what he can do, we've already gotten a small glimpse into the battle system. Here's some footnotes:

1. Terra has no simple regular attack, only big moves

2. All moves kick ass

3. The attacks go in a pattern

4. He has a wide variety of possible attacks

5. His keyblade seems to be very important to his battle strategy, transforming into something different for every attack

6. Occasionally Terra's attacks can come in chains

7. There are fire elements, and ice elements in his attacks.

Now i doubt that they had Terra running on the BBS battle system in KH2. And chances are it'll be very different. But so as not to contradict themselves that much, we can guess that the end result will be at least visually similar to Terra's KH2 counterpart. Did you ever look at Terra during the fight and say, "Man...I wish I could just control THAT". Well you can, chances are it'll be very similar to THAT. The whole thing doesn't seem so amazingly horrible anymore does it?

Puck

There's a huge difference between strategic gameplay and bad gameplay. In my opinion, Strategic=turn based and Bad gameplay=card based. Also imo, those who want card based are those who are trying to feel smart when playing a game but in reality they're playing a game with bad gameplay. I can say Superman 64 has an intelligent battle system because the controls are difficult, sluggish and terrible, but reality is it's just bad gameplay.

And as for Blue Dragon, I've read several other reviews that said differently about the battle system. Turn based is much better and requires actual thinking than a bunch of cards.

Last edited:

Cin

There's a huge difference between strategic gameplay and bad gameplay. Strategic=turn based. Bad gameplay=card based. Those who want card based are those who are trying to feel smart when playing a game but in reality it's just bad gameplay. I can say Superman 64 has an intelligent battle system because the controls are sluggish and terrible, but reality is it's just bad gameplay.

And Blue Dragon, I've read several other reviews that said differently about the battle system. Turn based is much better and requires actual thinking than a bunch of cards.

You do realize...a real card-based system IS TURN-BASED.

And if you look closely at CoM...you realize it's much more action-based then card based...>.>

It's all real-time you know...in fact, CoM is basically exactly the same as KH1, only you actually get to plan what moves you do and when, before you absolutely need to do them. And things can always go not as planned, in CoM you needed to be quick-witted and you needed to really know your deck to survive. With turn-based gameplay you need to step back, look at everything, and choose what you think is best. Basically turn-base is action-based in slow motion...the idiots version.

Koji

Still Alive
Awards
Now i doubt that they had Terra running on the BBS battle system in KH2. And chances are it'll be very different. But so as not to contradict themselves that much, we can guess that the end result will be at least visually similar to Terra's KH2 counterpart. Did you ever look at Terra during the fight and say, "Man...I wish I could just control THAT". Well you can, chances are it'll be very similar to THAT.
That would soooo totallllyyy rock!! By the looks of the out-dated screens, I guess we have insane power and super hot moves in our hands. What bothers me still is how are we gonna execute those super hot moves? Will we feel the power? Or is there a little video of destruction playing in the background while we play Black Jack with the controls? Dont answer this, we'll find out soon.

Isnt Terra younger in BBS game? I hope he can still do those attacks from KH2FM+.

Cin

That would soooo totallllyyy rock!! By the looks of the out-dated screens, I guess we have insane power and super hot moves in our hands. What bothers me still is how are we gonna execute those super hot moves? Will we feel the power? Or is there a little video of destruction playing in the background while we play Black Jack with the controls? Dont answer this, we'll find out soon.

Isnt Terra younger in BBS game? I hope he can still do those attacks from KH2FM+.

Who knows, the boss title in KH2 is "Lingering Memory", so it might just be a ghost of what Terra was, left in that area. I'd like to think that the lingering memory of Terra is the same age as Terra in BBS.

D

Dexter

So terra died in BBS? Also Puck just shut up, wait till the game ACUTALLY comes out and if you play it and think "well the gamplay sucks and is just like COM" then fine you win but c'mon stop being so negative bout thinking it's not gonna hurt you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back