• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New KH games in future?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

KeybladeMasterJr

Awards
Kingdom Hearts series creator and director Tetsuya Nomura recently spoke with Denegki OnlineKINGDOM HEARTS Melody of Memory. Thanks to goldpanner,

Now, we want to ask about the KH series as a whole. KH3 served as a punctuation point in the plot, but there are still unresolved characters and mysteries, right?

Nomura: The remaining things that were foreshadowed will absolutely be resolved in future games, but, I do want to slightly change the format we've had until now. I want to shake things up with a different world and new story, while also resolving existing foreshadowing.

me: So will future titles remain named Kingdom Hearts or something else but explaining stories of the characters?

phoenixmiko

Awards
Well, considering that Melody of Memory moves things forward and is a midquel of sorts, then I'd say future games will still have Kingdom Hearts in the title. We're in the second arc of the story now so the series hasn't ended, only the first arc.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
Of course it will still be Kingdom Hearts. In the secret ending of RE: MIND Master of Masters makes a heart shape of the normal moon of the Verum Rex world, referencing the titular Kingdom Hearts. The "moon" Kingdom Hearts is still relevant to the plot however it is, no need to change the title. the Square/Disney content however..

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Given the fact that we've only ever encountered the actual "Kingdom Hearts" in 2 of the games (BbS and KH3), yet all the games are named "Kingdom Hearts", I'm pretty sure all the games in this series will carry that name in some capacity.

Foxycian

Awards
It’s A New Era! With New Games and New Stories, all I can say is I’m looking forward to what the future Holds!

Xickin

Traitor of KHInsider.com
Awards
Website
nicholasdoyle6.wixsite.com
If I had to hazard a guess, it's probably going to be a look at Sora's interactions with Yozora (or the other way around). Then I'll bet the ending of Melody of Memory will come in at some point, then the ending will probably lead us to the Master of Masters and his whole grand scheme.

Akezura

Awards
Well, considering that Melody of Memory moves things forward and is a midquel of sorts, then I'd say future games will still have Kingdom Hearts in the title. We're in the second arc of the story now so the series hasn't ended, only the first arc.
Off topic, but I really resent the line that "KH1 - 3 were the first arc". It reminds me of the marketing gimmick of calling the sequel trilogy the end of the "The Skywalker Saga" when episodes 1-6 tell a very complete story.

KH2 was an ending with little to no loose ends. Even with BBS theres no need for additional questions. KH1 and KH2 were very different games that could easily stand on their own. It wasn't until DDD that a a bunch of nonsense was created to justify KH3 needing to exist in the first place. But more importantly, it allowed Nomura to just rehash stories and characters that already existed rather than tell a new story like KH2 did.

Shoful

Awards
I would totally be fine if the new game was like a “3 story parter”: Where one character group gets one world. Sora/Riku/Yozora at Quadratum, Mickey/Donald/Goofy at Scala, and Aqua/Terra/Ven at Departure. With Radiant Garden being the home base for all 3 groups. Each of these world would be greatly expanded on though. Like massive worlds

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I would totally be fine if the new game was like a “3 story parter”: Where one character group gets one world. Sora/Riku/Yozora at Quadratum, Mickey/Donald/Goofy at Scala, and Aqua/Terra/Ven at Departure. With Radiant Garden being the home base for all 3 groups. Each of these world would be greatly expanded on though. Like massive worlds
The chances of this happening is incredibly slim if not zero. Next game is clearly geared for the other side with Sora, Riku and Yozora at forefront. The other characters will at best get some cutscenes here and there.

Last edited:

Shoful

Awards
The chances of this happening is incredibly slim if not zero. Next game is clearly geared for the other side with Sora, Riku and Yozora at forefront. The other characters will at best get some cutscenes here and there.
That’s a shame. I’m excited about the other side but really wish we could explore Scala and Radiant Garden more indepth

Back