• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Interview From Rebirth Wings [Need Translation]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
yay krexia is going to work on it!!! it seems theres coded and bbs info :O

krexia

Translator
Awards
I was going to but then I saw Lissar has already started!

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
i don't think it's new new

cuz it talks about versus and how it's map is changed so it might not make it to E3, and that's the same interview [or same famitsu issue for all i know] that nomura talked about the "western BBS critical mode and mystery game" O:

but i hope it's new! :D

αsiя

space coke
i don't think it's new new

cuz it talks about versus and how it's map is changed so it might not make it to E3, and that's the same interview [or same famitsu issue for all i know] that nomura talked about the "western BBS critical mode and mystery game" O:

but i hope it's new! :D

well lissar didnt tell me it was nothing new

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
It's quite new. The stuff we had from yesterday was only the last part. Still working on the translation...

Yuuki

I'm the darkness within the shadows
thank you lissar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooo looking forward to it!!!!!

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
Here is part of it. Krexia is doing the other part, as well as scanning the actual interview (which will be translated later.)

-- They didn’t know where they should begin development on BbS, and the Osaka team asked for the job. So they asked them to show their work on the PSP platform, and they made a prototype. The prototype was good, so they decided to have them work on the game.

At the beginning of development on BbS, the team that worked on CCFF7 fought for it, so they called on that team and they showed us what they could do.

“But the ‘Kingdom Hearts’ series is a Disney series, and there was that hurdle they had to cross. And both Tokyo and Osaka teams needed to be in constant communication with each other. Since these were things they had to get familiar with first, we had them make ‘Re: Chain of Memories’.”

-- But they did have a few problems during development. There were scheduling problems in the final leg of development, though that wasn’t only a problem with BbS.

It was difficult coming up with names for Commands. Normally Nomura comes up with all the names in KH, but since which things will be used constantly changes during development they usually leave this for last. But even with Commands used in the past, since the number of symbols that can be used in a name changes with each game, they had to change them so that they weren’t too long.

“It was hell (laugh.)”

-- The concept they were most excited about implementing in battles was the Deck Commands. Battles will change depending on what Commands you are using, and it requires an element of trial and error. It also takes into account the player’s own preferences, so in the end everyone will have a different set of Commands. CoM and TWEWY had similar systems, but this one was like a compilation of both. They were also able to include the Command Board because they had the Deck Command system. Nomura’s own deck had the strongest Attack Commands as well as the Detonate type Commands, along with one Cure spell.

“In the Mirage Arena I mostly used Megaflare and Magna type Commands.”

-- The controls on 358/2 Days got a bit too complex, so we took off a little bit in BbS. For example, in Days you could look up and down while moving, but you can’t do that in BbS.

“We thought it would be better to simplify it.”

-- Shoot-locks were added pretty much just like they were originally planed, but the way you release the attack took some trial and error. At first we had made it so that the attack released after locking on and releasing the button, but in the end it ended up as it is now. There was quite a lot of things packed into this game, but the Osaka team really did their best for us.

-- The most interesting part of any KH game are the battles. We made the area maps so that they would add to the fun of battles, thinking about KHII more than the first game. But since many people wanted to be able to search for things on the map, we added more of that into them as well, but we added them so that they don’t interfere with battles.

-- There were quite a few new songs that were asked for this time around. Shimomura wasn’t the only one working on the songs, as Ishimoto and Kawamori did five songs each. Ishimoto mostly worked on the songs having to do with Vanitas.

-- (The interviewer says that you use Aqua in Last Episode, and they had no idea she would become such an important character.) “That’s how we planned it (laugh). You could probably even say that she’s the true main character.”

-- In the beginning of the story the young silver haired man is Xehanort when he was younger. And the one who fills in Ven’s fractured heart is Sora. “That was when Sora was born into this world.”

-- The name “X-Blade” was Watanabe, the scenario writers, idea.

“How the symbol X ‘crosses’ is symbolic of the crossing of dark and light.” How the members of Organization XIII get their names by adding an X to the name they had as humans comes from this.

The Nobody’s mark looks a lot like Eraqus’ symbol, but you can probably figure out that the reason this is has something to do with Xemnas.

-- The Unversed mark is something that the development staff thought up. The concept for it was “feelings”, and they tried to have it show different feelings like anger and joy.

-- Heartless are beings that will exist as long as the world has hearts. They have existed since the beginning. You can see Heartless appear in the game, but this is because those who have fallen into darkness can control them.

-- Aqua put a spell on Kairi’s pendant, and this is why Kairi arrived on Destiny Island. “In the scenario this time we wanted to show that “fate is inevitable”. Someday Kairi would go to a place where she could be protected by a hero of light.”

This should answer some questions you guys have been talking about! Now, it's time for my dinner.

αsiя

space coke
Here is part of it. Krexia is doing the other part, as well as scanning the actual interview (which will be translated later.)

This should answer some questions you guys have been talking about! Now, it's time for my dinner.

thank you lissar

Aqua . said:
does the interview have spoilers? O;<
yes it does and thats why we're in the spoilers section

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
we're in the spoiler section?

aw fucking shit!

wait can someone post a version of the interview but w/o the spoilers? O: ;~; please? ;~;

MeggieKeyblader

The Nobody’s mark looks a lot like Eraqus’ symbol, but you can probably figure out that the reason this is has something to do with Xemnas.

Oh... so I guess it's confirmed that Eraqus is part of the mess that is Apprentice Xehanort. -_____-

(The interviewer says that you use Aqua in Last Episode, and they had no idea she would become such an important character.) “That’s how we planned it (laugh). You could probably even say that she’s the true main character.”

That's pretty cool, it also helps my theory that the mystery series might be based around Aqua.

Lissar

Ultra-sleek Librarian
we're in the spoiler section?

aw fucking shit!

wait can someone post a version of the interview but w/o the spoilers? O: ;~; please? ;~;

If you read down to the part that talks about music and Yoko Shimomura, that's the last of things that don't have spoilers. Everything else is a spoiler.

Oh... so I guess it's confirmed that Eraqus is part of the mess that is Apprentice Xehanort. -_____-

Not necessarily. Terra wore the symbol too, Eraqus being his Master, it would have quite a lot of meaning for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back