• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New information on Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Back Cover & 0.2 Birth By Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Wing

Awards
Re: New information on Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Back Cover & 0.2 Birth By Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage

anyone else notice how in the ending for Birth by Sleep they refer to A Fragmentary Passage (A.K.A. BBS VOL. 2) as 0.5 but the title as seen as part of the HD collection renumbered it to 0.2?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards
Re: New information on Kingdom Hearts X[chi] Back Cover & 0.2 Birth By Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage

anyone else notice how in the ending for Birth by Sleep they refer to A Fragmentary Passage (A.K.A. BBS VOL. 2) as 0.5 but the title as seen as part of the HD collection renumbered it to 0.2?

Interesting. Could be that the rest of that story is actually part of KH 3, then.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

I'm dead, guys. I'm gone. Square Enix has just killed me. First with the KHIII trailer in 2013 (and the announcement that Versus XIII had become FFXV), then the FFVII Remake, and now this.

Guys... dreams really do come true! Ahh!

And now knowing that this starts after KH3D--before turning into a flashback--I'm hoping that maybe we'll get to see some of the current characters, and what's happening with them post-3D. Especially with precious, baby Sora who wasn't doing too well at the end of 3D, as we all remember.

And also with the knowledge that this at least starts after 3D, I'm hoping that maybe that scene with Kairi at the mansion (if it'll be used at all) is in that timeframe, because it still makes no sense to me how it could've happened in II (but in any case, here's hoping the scene happens so Justin Cowden can come back to voice Hayner like he wanted;)).

But honestly, I'm more than fine with it just being Aqua's story if that's all it is. I'm more than ecstatic at the prospect of just that, really. I mean, look how beautiful her adventure in the RoD is going to look! I can't even-

Welp, I'm going to go cry tears of joy now.

-clutches BbSV2 to my chest and never lets it go-

Also, Launchpad, if you're reading this at all, has your opinion of BbSV2 changed, now that it's revealed to be a new PS34 exclusive and to have the KHIII graphics?:)

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

I wonder if Yen Sid had to really convince Mickey to finally tell Sora about everything. It's surprising that Mickey assumes Sora will save people that he doesn't even know the name of (of course, Sora would do that anyways) but being open is always best.

Cyborg009

Bot-Buster
Awards

I'm dead, guys. I'm gone. Square Enix has just killed me. First with the KHIII trailer in 2013 (and the announcement that Versus XIII had become FFXV), then the FFVII Remake, and now this.

Guys... dreams really do come true! Ahh!

don't die yet...we still have the D23 tokyo event in November.

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

How in the world is this gonna be good for the series?
I didnt think that time would come but since DDD came out and now the HD version with this added nonsense with it, i will not be playing those games anymore.
I might try it but definetly not pay for this.
3D needed to be brought to the current generation of consoles, it was the only game that hadn't made the leap and Square probably couldn't justify just porting it.

Why wasnt that extra BbS episode including in 2.5 ?
Why 2.8 ? Why make the storyline suddenly so dull and confusing ?
DDD was horrible in terms of storyline and certain class this franchise has always had.
You think that the addition of 0.2 is what's going to make the story confusing?

In my opinion i think they've completely lost it and i am quite angry about not being able to enjoy KH or any games from Square anymore unless it spontaneously pops up randomly like when PS1 FF era ended and KH began, Tomb Raider 2012 and few exceptions like that,Tomb Raider was great until they only wanna release for Xbox, just to continue being annoying in almost every way.
Its like this company is on crack...
I'm still not sure what you're upset about. You made a manifesto about not playing Kingdom Hearts anymore on the most active Kingdom Hearts fansite?

hlc1988

Awards

I wonder if Yen Sid had to really convince Mickey to finally tell Sora about everything. It's surprising that Mickey assumes Sora will save people that he doesn't even know the name of (of course, Sora would do that anyways) but being open is always best.

It seems that they are now all assuming Sora will be the one to save all these people... It would be interesting if they realised (especially in 0.2) the connection between Terra and Riku, the one Keyblade Wielder that Sora never actually met or has any connections with. I expect that to be covered in KH3 rather than A Fragmentary Passage though.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com

You're right, Cyborg009. You're absolutely right. Maybe I do still have a little bit left in me. I still have that event--as you so rightly said--to look forward to, after all. And actually playing these games, of course. And maybe there will hopefully even be a TWEWY2 someday.[/strike So I shall live on!;)

But in all seriousness, I'm really excited about what the conversation itself between Mickey and Sora about Aqua might entail. I mean, Sora finally remembered Aqua slightly in DDD, so I'd like to think that the whole thing might not be entirely one-sided. Like, if nothing else, maybe Sora will be like, "Oh, yeah! I think I remember meeting someone like this Aqua person back on the Islands, maybe." But we'll see, I guess:)

Antifa Lockhart

Awards

It seems that they are now all assuming Sora will be the one to save all these people... It would be interesting if they realised (especially in 0.2) the connection between Terra and Riku, the one Keyblade Wielder that Sora never actually met or has any connections with. I expect that to be covered in KH3 rather than A Fragmentary Passage though.

Met, not quite, but to be fair one of the most chilling moments in BBS is when Sora gives Terra that staredown while Terra's looking at the sunset. He watched Riku's succession, kind of. He may remember it, somewhere. 3D made him remember Aqua. Kind of

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I didnt think that time would come but since DDD came out and now the HD version with this added nonsense with it, i will not be playing those games anymore.
I might try it but definetly not pay for this.

DDD was horrible in terms of storyline and certain class this franchise has always had.

In my opinion i think they've completely lost it and i am quite angry about not being able to enjoy KH or any games from Square anymore unless it spontaneously pops up randomly like when PS1 FF era ended and KH began, Tomb Raider 2012 and few exceptions like that,Tomb Raider was great until they only wanna release for Xbox, just to continue being annoying in almost every way.

Wow, I got nothing to say except, why does it matter to us, a active Kingdom Hrarts fansite. And Tinny covered it better, I have nothng to dsay except, wow you're all the company crack over DDD and 03. not being added in 2.5.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

I mean, KH3D was the odd man game out, so they decided rather than releasing one game on its own that people didn't exactly enjoy, they make it a value package and add in a playable episode of a story everybody has been begging for since 2011 and a movie for a mobile game they know most people aren't going to play.

Because they had been struggling to get KH3 working on the new engine. Because they believe they are offering fans a nice piece of KH3 before KH3 and thought it'd be nice for fans to experience?

Not sure what you mean here...If a remaster of a game + the prologue to KH3 and a movie of chi which is about the Keyblade War is making the storyline dull, I can't imagine what you thought of Days or coded which I would say were the bigger offenders of the series.

Randomly pops up? I'm not sure what you mean? Like random games reveals of games or new games? I'm not sure what you are expecting. Maybe you should play Life Is Strange. Or Project Setsuna.

But for KH...isn't 2.8 a random, unexpected title? Nobody was thinking this happened. Maybe wait until we know more about the collection before saying you're never going to touch a KH game again because if you stuck around this long, I don't see why you'd suddenly stop 8 games in?

Kaijuguy19

I just had a scary thought. How do we know if Sora and the others would be able to get Aqua out of the Realm of Darkness along with helping Terra and Ven out at all and what if BBS V2 would indicate Aqua's ultimate fate by possibly being stuck there for good for some reason or worse dead? I know this may sound highly unlikely since she's among the more loved characters of KH and offing her somehow or having her have a more horrible fate would tick a lot of people off so I can't see Nomura doing that despite his past mistakes but still.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

I'm pretty sure everyone will agree with me when I say that Kingdom Hearts X Back Cover is the ultimate KH installment and it dwarfs every other KH by a long shot

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

A Fragmentary Passage

Mickey: "12 years ago, my friend Aqua fell into the realm of darkness when trying to save a friend. She's been wandering around in there ever since."

*scene changes to Aqua and we get control of her and we take a step*

Sora: "Hey, Mickey...if you know she's there, why didn't you rescue her? I mean, you and Riku were even in there after we closed the Door to Darkness."

Mickey: "Uhhh..."

Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts

Obviously it won't go down like that, but it sounds like A Fragmentary Passage will be only focusing on Aqua and not the rest of BBSV2 ( like the bit with Kairi checking out the mansion with HOP ) though if I remember right, BBSV2 was supposed to about Riku and Mickey's time in the RoD too, so the story could account for that as well.
Even if it is focused on Aqua though, we could still get scenes of the rest that was shown in the secret movie. Heck, maybe Mickey's confession causes the others to feel they need to speak about some things, too.

Last edited:

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

So basically the real story of Chi isn't gonna be in Chi itself?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

Well, if there's one thing we can learn from all of this... If SE claims that they aren't remaking or remastering something, they are lying.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I just had a scary thought. How do we know if Sora and the others would be able to get Aqua out of the Realm of Darkness along with helping Terra and Ven out at all and what if BBS V2 would indicate Aqua's ultimate fate by possibly being stuck there for good for some reason or worse dead? I know this may sound highly unlikely since she's among the more loved characters of KH and offing her somehow or having her have a more horrible fate would tick a lot of people off so I can't see Nomura doing that despite his past mistakes but still.
if aqua still trapped there then sora going to save ven aqua the only person know where ven is so wuldn't you know need aqua to find ven unless she told mickey before he left

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

So basically the real story of Chi isn't gonna be in Chi itself?

Nothing has been said about that. But...just know that most people playing chi aren't in it for the story lol

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

if aqua still trapped there then sora going to save ven aqua the only person know where ven is so wuldn't you know need aqua to find ven unless she told mickey before he left
I'm pretty sure that Aqua's the only one who can find the Chamber of Awakening in Castle Oblivion. Something tells me that it's not as simple as just telling someone else about the chamber's existence. Weird magic stuff probably made it so that Aqua's the only being who can have physical access to that place.

Ven's revival is kind of a forgone conclusion at this point, and to do that, they'll need to find his body. And to find the body, they will need Aqua. So basically Aqua's got a nice coat of plot armor for now.

Master_Aqua

I'm pretty sure that Aqua's the only one who can find the Chamber of Awakening in Castle Oblivion. Something tells me that it's not as simple as just telling someone else about the chamber's existence. Weird magic stuff probably made it so that Aqua's the only being who can have physical access to that place.

Ven's revival is kind of a forgone conclusion at this point, and to do that, they'll need to find his body. And to find the body, they will need Aqua. So basically Aqua's got a nice coat of plot armor for now.

I can agree with this a lot, Aqua has such a great significance to the story of Kingdom Hearts right now that she'll definitely be back and play a major role in KH3. Mickey is gonna have a lot of explaining to do >_>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back