• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New iMac

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
Have you seen the new iMac.. It is great it looks sleek and sexy, it is powerful, and still has no bulky and ugly box like the PC. Now with the ability to play all PC programs with no viruses, hacking, or problems while still being cheaper than most PCs. Now it is obvious Mac is winning the Personal Computer fight.

The idea of the PC being better is just and illusion. Only the truly wise can see through all illusions.

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
Macs are more expensive then the lower end PCs, but specs compare the new iMac with much more expensive high end PCs. It is true that NOW the PC world is winning in hardware, but Macs are winning in new more revolutionary tech and are going to surpass the PC is due time.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
New revolutionary tech? It's the same tech that PCs have had for years, only they made is shiny to draw in the idiots

Apple makes a nice PC if all you want to do is plug in and go. No memory card reader, no extra optical drive, built in marginal quality speakers etc...other PC's are made that you can easily do anything to. You can add a camera, or open it up and put in more ram or a new video card, add 7 or 8 USB devices etc..Apple computers look cleaner and is a good choice for many who like simplicity, but the PC is more functional and expandable, same as always, nothing has changed.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Also, just to note, the new iMac costs roughly $500 more than a Dell or Gateway PC with the same specs

Only the truly wise can see through all illusions.

If by "see through the illusion" you mean "get suckered into buying something for hundreds more dollars simply because it's in a pretty package and they tell you you're gonna be cool because you have one"

Last edited:

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
To be exact the imac runs from $899 (plastic design) and the new macs at $1189. To equal all the 1189 mac has the dells cost $999 ( and a load of stress with viruses, hacking and bulkiness) so about 100 difference.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I've had this Dell PC for 5 years now, I've never had a virus. So....your argument is what-now?

Apple fans vastly exaggerate the 'omg lawl virus spyware lolz" matter for PCs, and most definitely the "omg, Macs are IMPERVIUZ to all viruzes!1!" matter

MacFixItForums

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
Yes it matters I have seen business fall when their system got a virus and they lost everything before my Mac I had a Dell and I lost to a virus so have other friends/family, now on Mac we do not have that problem even movie producers, big business, News broadcasters, and others are changing to Macs due to they know they get no virus that kill the PC.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
I've never had a virus on my computer...perhaps because I'm not an idiot? Case in point, Macs are for people who are incapable of simple tasks, and have no need to do anything of the sort

keyblade13

the new imacs do look nice but at my school all of the macs always catch virsues

pepsi458

Website
pepsi458.deviantart.com
Simple tasks?? Making movies, running the News, and running big/small business are simple tasks ,wow that is all I have to say to that wow.

Macs do not get virus they do get prone to programing errors for those who mess with the internal workings though. They are 3 viruses that effect the Macs, but you can get them all erased with ease.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Simple tasks like, you know, having an anti-virus on your computer? Or taking 5 minutes to run a spyware check? Or, not downloading files from people you don't know?

Oh, and don't bullshit me that Mac is so great becuase you can 'run news', it's called the internet, and it's called typing in CNN.com -

YouTube - Mac

"Oh, I can't find the button, I can't turn my computer oh, baww, how do I drag and drop?"

Mac's do not get virus they do get prone to programing errors for those who mess with the internal workings though. They are 3 viruses that effect the Macs, but you can get them all erased with ease.

Are you an idiot? As of 2006 there are around 1,500 known viruses that affect and attack Mac computers

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
And, you suddenly speak for every business in the entire world? You can't prove that every television network and news studio uses Macs for everything. 90% of the market uses PCs, that includes businesses and corporations.

On the note of "omg, Apple is doing everythign revolutiuonzary, lolololz":

Microsoft Surface

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
No, I mean their computers. They are relatively the same thing from HP, Dell, Toshiba, and others, but a shiny one. The features aren't much better, either, if even equal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back