• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New gameplay mechanics you wished were in the game, looking back?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Perkilator

Awards
Just as the title says, what gameplay mechanics (stats or otherwise) do you wish were in KH3?

Personally, I wish there was a Friendship stat that determined the frequency of Team Attacks.

okhi12

Awards
It's not a new mechanic because Dream Drop Distance already did it via Secret portals, but I'd like there was an option to refight bosses, and I mean all of them.

Unlike other games KH3 has only 9 save slots and it's not possible to keep saves before each boss. The rest of the games allowed repeating bosses by different means. In KH1, 2, Re:CoM and BBS you can have more save slots than you'll ever need. In 358/2 Days and Re:Coded missions and worlds can be replayed. DDD has link portals and in the 2.8 version there are many save slots, useful to repeat the bosses that can't be accessed via portals.
It's a shame that 0.2 has more save slots than KH3. I hope the next update upgrades the number of save slots.

Another thing I'd like is an Steal command like in many other RPGs. Farming items can be a pain even with the Toy Box keyblade, lucky ring and Lucky strikes on.
I'd also want spells to inflict status ailments on enemies or buff the party, but KH3 is easy enough without them.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
D-Links.

Think about it: it makes more sense for Sora to have this gameplay mechanic because of his literal connection with other hearts.

In this case: integrate D-Link with the Form Changes. Instead of transforming your Keyblade, interchange it with the weapon of the person you're linked with.

* A Ventus D-Link will make you wield his Keyblade and make you speedier and discounts by 10 or 20% the amount of MP used when casting Aero spells. I would call this: Aero/Wind/Breeze Form

* Aqua D-Link has you wielding her Keyblade, increases your defense and general spell using is decreased by 10%. I'd call it Magic Form or Spell/Spellweaver Form.

* Hercules D-Link has you using your knuckles to fight like a sort of Monk

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
D-Links.

Think about it: it makes more sense for Sora to have this gameplay mechanic because of his literal connection with other hearts.
I get where this sentiment is coming from, but I also kinda feel D-Links should stick with the Wayfinder trio. Mostly because Aqua actually invented D-Links herself. It was said in the very first cutscene that we saw the Wayfinders, that she imbued them with that magic, thus allowing the BBS trio to reach out and harness the strength of their distant companions. An "unbreakable connection." In that sense, I think it'd probably be more appropriate for D-links to stay with the BBS trio for the time being. Sora has similar abilities, I agree, but I also think the nuances are a little.. different. If that makes sense.

With Sora, I'd say Summons/Links (from KH3) are far more in-line with his style of drawing on others strength. He's always been more prone to summoning his friends and teaming up with them, rather drawing on their powers to augment his own directly. A good example of this would be in DDD, where Sora summons his Dream Eaters to do a team attack-- similar to Limits in past games, and Riku fuses with his Dream Eaters and combines their strength with his own (highlighting the subtle thematic differences between "My friends are my power!", and "strength to protect what matters.").

In terms of adapting the kind of mechanics you suggested, I honestly think Xion would be a perfect fit. Not only can she already make copies of everyone's weapons at will (something Sora, to my knowledge, has never been able to do), but she can also cannonically draw on/mimick their powers in a way that'd be perfectly in line with what you wrote. I.e. Summoning Aquas Keyblade and using Spellweaver, for example, would be something she could already feasibly do without it coming out of nowhere.

Also, this way, we're giving more characters their own unique twist on familiar ideas. Which has the added benefit of keeping things fresh and allowing everyone to develop their own defined playstyle.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
This isn't really a full on game mechanic, but I'd like a day and night cycle in a future game eventually. There could even be a mechanic that when it's dark and more people are inside, more Heartless spawn in town areas.

In terms of adapting the kind of mechanics you suggested, I honestly think Xion would be a perfect fit. Not only can she already make copies of everyone's weapons at will (something Sora, to my knowledge, has never been able to do), but she can also cannonically draw on/mimick their powers in a way that'd be perfectly in line with what you wrote. I.e. Summoning Aquas Keyblade and using Spellweaver, for example, would be something she could already feasibly do without it coming out of nowhere.

I really like this idea for Xion, for her to draw upon other Guardian's powers and mimick them, both stylistically and also in weapon.

Also I feel you make a good point for why Sora should stick with his Summoning and Linking style. It does suit him more, though I personally would enjoy him summoning upon his friends both Disney party members and other Guardians like Kairi and Riku for fights. They could have elemental effects to keep in line with the mandate from Disney.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
Nomura talked about wanting to do some kind of Co-op aspect in KH3 but wasn't sure if it could be done. If they gave us a mini-story or even allowed it for the data battles for someone to be able to control one of the party members, that would be awesome. It could be a limited utility like Riku. He had two pages of shortcuts predetermined by Square so they'd just have to give the ally that and have them player controlled. Aqua and Riku are already done, and by the looks of it Kairi is too.

Back