• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Gameplay Footage - Notre Dame World & Mini-Boss Fight

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
Wow, epic gameplay vids.

I think it's interesting that touching Dual Link activates Bladecharge, and it uses up the purple gauge of Riku's allies. But... The weird thing is, after the purple gauges run out, Riku still stays in Bladecharge for a while. Also, I'm fairly sure the purple gauges recharge when an ally is hit, sorta like an MP rage thing. You can see that at about 1:59, when the Boss makes a giant swipe, and apparently hits the bat, and the bat gets more purple gauge. I wonder if the purple gauge actually IS MP?

But, I think the most interesting thing is that the panda thing appeared as Riku's enemy. The panda is one of Sora's allies, because if you look at the control chart that was posted a while ago, you'll see it as an ally in the box describing Dual Link. I think this could mean something very cool: I think that the 'command style' you change into is dependent on your allies.

And! You can recruit the Dream Eaters as allies. Not sure how, but it can't be coincidence that the panda thing is Riku's enemy, but also appears as Sora's ally. So if we can recruit Dream Eaters as allies, and by using their power to change into command styles, that could mean a lot of variation? Or perhaps each Dream Eater belongs to a 'class' and so the number of styles is dependent on the number of classes?

i had a very similar theory, and i think we are going to be right :D

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
actually, I would like to see the start of Riku's gameplay, so I can see what Quasi and Esmerelda look like

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
The thread title says this is a mini boss, but it looks more like a full fledged boss. I mean it has 650 HP, that sounds like regular boss HP to me.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
The thread title says this is a mini boss, but it looks more like a full fledged boss. I mean it has 650 HP, that sounds like regular boss HP to me.

If that IS a mini-boss, I'm excited to see what a regular boss will be like. >:3

jmartin912

The game-play looks stunning! Not the way the person is executing it of course, they suck! Haha, but the combos always seem to be different and the colors are really bright and poppy! I love it! :D

danio13

I can't play the video for some reason
It always gets stuck when its loading and freezes my browser

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I am thinking the regular boss will be Frollo, (hopefully)

I meant in general. I wouldn't be surprised if we do fight Frollo in the game, but at the same time, he doesn't seem like he'd be much of a challenge in comparison to that Dream Eater 'mini-boss'. xD So if it IS Frollo, I'm expecting some sort of power-up/he's actually a kickass swordsman even as an old man. xD

sdr08

I meant in general. I wouldn't be surprised if we do fight Frollo in the game, but at the same time, he doesn't seem like he'd be much of a challenge in comparison to that Dream Eater 'mini-boss'. xD So if it IS Frollo, I'm expecting some sort of power-up/he's actually a kickass swordsman even as an old man. xD

I see...I hope he isn't as cheap as the queen in Snow White, lol

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I see...I hope he isn't as cheap as the queen in Snow White, lol
Her & Gaston are 2 fights I'm still bitter about not getting. Termaine not so much, she didn't become a physical threat until the 3rd movie. We better not be screwed out of Frollo as well.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
Those vids were awesome! Indeed, the person playing it doesn't appear to play well, and I would've liked to see the Reality Shift feature myself, but getting to see Riku fly was freaking awesome! I love flying...

The Bat and the Goat were pretty cool looking, and I did notice the Panda creature being fought. Twice, IIRC. So It's a good guess to say that you'll be able to somehow Recruit Dream Eaters into your party. Since the Bat and Sora's Walrus were in a poster, I'm betting they're gained early as a storyline/tutorial thing.

Also, DAT BLADECHARGE! Apparently Dual Links operate like Drive Forms in the fact that both Party Members disappear, but function more like Command Styles since there's no drastic change to Riku's Clothing and, well...It's Bladecharge. Either way, it looks awesome. So cannot wait to get this.

zspek09

Website
instagram.com
Whoever said Riku has drive forms now, shame on you. It was a STYLE CHANGE. But DAYUMMM! I like it! I can't wait to see how the MoM test unfolds in the dream world. Plus, the MoM test is only HALF of the game's story. What is Nomura hiding from us?? :D *cheers*

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards
I am thinking the regular boss will be Frollo, (hopefully)

There can be more than one regular boss in a world ya know.

I'm guessing this giant Dream Eater and Frollo will be 2 of the regular bosses in City of Bells. I wonder if there will be any other regular bosses in this world.

Also with Frollo, I always imagined fighting him on top of Notre Dame, probably on the balcony that Riku is fighting the giant dream eater on, and Frollo rides on his black horse and wields a sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back