• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Forum Software

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Circle or Square

• Circle

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Square

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Oh btw, THANK YOU to whoever got the bug swatter and swatted the PM bug. It looks like it's supposed to now. :) As I said, i didn't think avatars were supposed to be THAT big.

[Edit] Also thank you for bringing back awards! Hopefully this means a KH3 sticker is in the works. ^_^

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Taking a peek at the forum today, I noticed on mobile you guys added the “Register to Remove Ads” at the top; which was all of the way on the left of my iPhone screen.

Is there a reason why we have ads?

We do have “Register” next to the “Log In” at the top in the sidebar already. I’ll admit I’m not a fan of the whole ads cluttering up the top of the forum when your not logged in. But that’s just me. 😅

Unless that was there after the update this whole time, then idk why I only noticed it now. 😳

Last edited:

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
I'd have to check on a ad-blocker free browser (I ADMIT IT!! I run Ublock Origin and Noscript on my Firefox. Been running some adblocker and noscript since a FFXI-account-stealing-mess years ago) but I think they had that on the old software too Kingdom ^^.

Edmunds

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Taking a peek at the forum today, I noticed on mobile you guys added the “Register to Remove Ads” at the top; which was all of the way on the left of my iPhone screen.

Is there a reason why we have ads? I mean, we do have “Register” next to the “Log In” at the top in the sidebar already. Idk. I’m not a fan of the whole ads cluttering up the top of the forum when your not logged in.

Its an incentive for people to register and log in. Because only registered and logged in users can post.

And yeah, that ad has been there since forever, just not on mobile.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Is there a reason why we have ads?

We do have “Register” next to the “Log In” at the top in the sidebar already. I’ll admit I’m not a fan of the whole ads cluttering up the top of the forum when your not logged in. But that’s just me. 😅

Unless that was there after the update this whole time, then idk why I only noticed it now. 😳

We've always had ads and they have always been at the top of the page. The ad revenue funds the website lol

They might not have been implemented into Xenforo until now, but they were always on vB.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I'd have to check on a ad-blocker free browser (I ADMIT IT!! I run Ublock Origin and Noscript on my Firefox. Been running some adblocker and noscript since a FFXI-account-stealing-mess years ago) but I think they had that on the old software too Kingdom ^^.

Right, they had it on the old software. I was taken by surprise that it’d come back after the new software update. (I’ll admit it was nice to have it be ad free for a bit. lol.)

Just got to get used to it again, I suppose. xD

Its an incentive for people to register and log in. Because only registered and logged in users can post.

And yeah, that ad has been there since forever, just not on mobile.

True.

And good to know it was only added recently to mobile.

How long was I gone for? :LOL:

Hi Howler!

I have no idea, but welcome back! 😃

We've always had ads and they have always been at the top of the page. The ad revenue funds the website lol

They might not have been implemented into Xenforo until now, but they were always on vB.

Okay, I gotcha. I’ll have to get used to seeing them around again on mobile. 😄 I didn’t know the site got revenue from the ads. Good to know it does!

Recon

Art of War
Awards
Oh hey, awards are back~

Are all awards earned going to be displayed? or just six at a time? Perhaps we could create a new poll since Square vs Circles ended.

I know we're backed up on forum changes and requests, but here's another "can we please change our user titles" request. Thanks!

P.S Was avatar image compression added? I see some users have had their avatars fixed and now show the correct resolution. I really want to encourage peeps to take advantage of the 400x400 size since it's a GENEROUS option, but hey, I can't force people.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Oh hey, awards are back~

Are all awards earned going to be displayed? or just six at a time? Perhaps we could create a new poll since Square vs Circles ended.

I know we're backed up on forum changes and requests, but here's another "can we please change our user titles" request. Thanks!

P.S Was avatar image compression added? I see some users have had their avatars fixed and now show the correct resolution. I really want to encourage peeps to take advantage of the 400x400 size since it's a GENEROUS option, but hey, I can't force people.
You should be able to change your user titles here - https://www.khinsider.com/forums/index.php?account/account-details

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I might be pulling an Audo, but I don't see anything. I've looked in Account Details numerous times and don't see any option to change it. I've check with both Safari and Chrome.
“Custom Title” isn’t under avatar? I will escalate this for you if not.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
“Custom Title” isn’t under avatar? I will escalate this for you if not.
It is not. The fields I can change are Email, Email Options, Avatar, Date of Birth etc. I did a quick page search (command + F) and no results were found for "Custom Title"

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Yea, it was Ven from the BBS opening, and before that I had the Sephiroth-Mogry made by Sign, for a rather short time a Naminé one and during my first two years I had an actual Sephiroth avatar.

Can you manually shrink down pics already embedded in the sig?
I remember linking the lower picture of the sig directly from Dark Grey's Deviantart account, lol.
Ah, the ones before Ven must be before I joined because I don't remember those at all.

Probably because I'm so used to you not having one despite your username, but I somehow find it funny that you actually did have Sephiroth avatars at one point.

How long was I gone for? :LOL:
tenor.gif

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
It is not. The fields I can change are Email, Email Options, Avatar, Date of Birth etc. I did a quick page search (command + F) and no results were found for "Custom Title"
Have a look now. I believe Edmunds has activated the option to change custom user titles.

Audo

press △ to sora
Awards
Website
avale-reves.tumblr.com
Hello.

I'm still not able to Like posts. Am I the only one suffering this? I am utilizing Google Chrome, it is up to date, and I have disabled all of my adblocking extentions.
I can't either. I am also using Chrome. Maybe that's the culprit.
Although, while I can't Like forum posts, I can Like profile posts...

LostArtist

Awards
I can't either. I am also using Chrome. Maybe that's the culprit.
Although, while I can't Like forum posts, I can Like profile posts...

that's not it, I'm on chrome rn
edit: can you screenshot how it looks, I'm curious

LostArtist

Awards
oh, lol
it looks like what my own posts look like (unable to like one's own post)

damn I tried figuring it out comparing my own posts and other's posts but I can barely understand static web stuff, this stuff is way too advanced for me xD
maybe it's cause you're not on an apple device and I am? lol I got nothing

Last edited:
Back