• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Forum Software

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Circle or Square

• Circle

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Square

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Likes arent staying? But why is it here if it isnt a permanent feature?

What's the harm?
KHInsider has a history of users abusing a like/dislike system to validate themselves and their friends, and interactions on the website would only be held with those who had a lot of "rep", which is what the system was called. Those with a lot of rep would get a big head and make it so their word is law, while others would give negative rep to someone they hate for no reason at all.

Personally, I don't see a problem with the like system. If it ever came to a vote, I'd vote yes to keeping it.

LostArtist

Awards
actually multi quoting can be a little bit of a hassle cause it keeps moving all the way down every time you highlight and reply, maybe have a multi quote option next to the reply option after highlighting, and that just lets you stay where you are instead of reply, which would scroll you all the way to the bottom

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just...quote the post and say “man I agree” if you like it? I think responding makes people happier tbh

Likes arent staying? But why is it here if it isnt a permanent feature?

What's the harm?

Because it’s built into the software so it has to be removed in the code.

It isn’t staying because:

1) back when we had positive rep (meaning no negative rep) in the early 2010s, users would use rep to boost each other up. From there, people with more rep were considered more valuable and it created an unnecessary elitist culture. This can easily fall into this very same pattern

2) y’all can easily use likes to bandwagon on posts you agree with and that makes others feel uncomfortable if their post is ignored. It makes others feel like their opinions aren’t valued compared to others

3) it’s a pointless function that adds nothing to a discussion topic

This is something that I will not bend on.

Can you still multiquote users in this system? Just wondering!

Just keep tapping reply and it adds the quote in. We can add a more formal MQ system in so it isn’t so clunky, though. I’ll add it in tomorrow, in fact.

LostArtist

Awards
nvm about the multi quote thing, I'm weird and collect quotes then reply to all of them after collecting them, instead of replying to one right away then reading another one and replying to that one right away

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Just...quote the post and say “man I agree” if you like it? I think responding makes people happier tbh

Because it’s built into the software so it has to be removed in the code.

It isn’t staying because:

1) back when we had positive rep (meaning no negative rep) in the early 2010s, users would use rep to boost each other up. From there, people with more rep were considered more valuable and it created an unnecessary elitist culture. This can easily fall into this very same pattern

2) y’all can easily use likes to bandwagon on posts you agree with and that makes others feel uncomfortable if their post is ignored. It makes others feel like their opinions aren’t valued compared to others

3) it’s a pointless function that adds nothing to a discussion topic

This is something that I will not bend on.

Just keep tapping reply and it adds the quote in. We can add a more formal MQ system in so it isn’t so clunky, though. I’ll add it in tomorrow, in fact.
Are those people still here? I have no recollection of any of this. Although I was away from here for some years until KH3 was announced.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Guys stop being so endearing with the like system it’s cute and making me weak.

Are those people still here? I have no recollection of any of this. Although I was away from here for some years until KH3 was announced.

No, they aren’t. Yeah, you were gone for the whole debacle.

I don’t really want to see history repeat itself with new users because it is bound to happen

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Guys stop being so endearing with the like system it’s cute and making me weak.

No, they aren’t. Yeah, you were gone for the whole debacle.

I don’t really want to see history repeat itself with new users because it is bound to happen
Why not change the "like system" into just emoji responses (of course, KH themed)? Smile emoji can be Sora, Grumpy emoji can be Riku, Sad emoji can be Roxas/Xion etc.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Where's the Dark Mode setting? The white, it burns!

Back