• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Forum Software

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Circle or Square

• Circle

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Square

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
If the old format was in fact so old there wasn't any support anymore it was nigh time to get something new.

It'll take a while to get used to the new one, but I'll try out different stuff in due time. Like now with new avatar and editing the signature.

Sakuraba Neku

Awards
The old format was outdated and buggy. Had a few bot problems and glitches. Not everything worked. (And it really needed to be updated.)

The avatars and signatures are being worked on by staff, since this new format was put into place yesterday. So please give them some time to make adjustments.

And I believe staff is working on making a banner. (Personally I like it with only the logo.) Again, please give them time to make a banner, and etc.
  1. Our old forums were not supported anymore, and were vastly outdated. We couldn't make any adjustments or add any features without breaking things or because what we needed was unsupported.
  2. We can now host much requested features, such as the notification system which has been begged for since I've been on staff.
  3. Reports are more streamlined for mods. Users can simply report a post with their need, whether it be about a user doing the wrong thing, a request for a thread to be deleted, or posts to be merged, and that request gets sent straight to mods who can quickly deal with the issue and notify the users that the request has been fulfilled.
  4. Actions done by mods can now easily be communicated with users. If we delete a post or close a thread, we get the option to inform them why, which sends a notification to that user to explain why rather than having to craft a private message to them and get into a length back and forth where they insult us for doing our job.
  5. Tweets and other media can now easily be embedded onto the forums. Video links now appear as videos rather than just a link someone lazily put into their post.
Ok, now I understand it better. Thanks for the info!

Deimos

Awards
Will there be an optimization in the future for members over a 1k post threshold than can opt to change their name from a client/click that goes dark every six months to a year after you make a request? Or is it stable to just use a thread to ask an administrator directly + providing a story?

I've noticed if you were a member with a 100x100 avatar viewing it in the light skin i'm looking at now, it gets stretched into oblivion...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
If the old format was in fact so old there wasn't any support anymore it was nigh time to get something new.

It'll take a while to get used to the new one, but I'll try out different stuff in due time. Like now with new avatar and editing the signature.
I never thought you'd ever change your avatar and signature. *laughs* It looks good!

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I really like the status updates. In fact, I’m all for keeping that feature because it’s a lot of fun. ☺

However, I hope staff can find a way to remove “profile posts” from it in the near future.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
These new VMs are capped at 420 characters? Is this intentional? Realized I couldn't send a mildly lengthy one to a member on here without getting this "Oops" message.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I never thought you'd ever change your avatar and signature. *laughs* It looks good!

It's true I've had the previous one for years, the Ephemer avatar practically ever since Back Cover came out.
But with KH III out long enough by now and the spoiler ban being lifted I thought I'd apply something more appropriate to the times.

I'm actually pondering if I should remove the lower part of the sig as well and make the new upper part a little bigger yet still have then an overall narrower signature as an end result.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It's true I've had the previous one for years, the Ephemer avatar practically ever since Back Cover came out.
But with KH III out long enough by now and the spoiler ban being lifted I thought I'd apply something more appropriate to the times.

I'm actually pondering if I should remove the lower part of the sig as well and make the new upper part a little bigger yet still have then an overall narrower signature as an end result.
*brainfart* Oh wait, you did have a Ven avatar before poutymer didn't you? I just remembered. XD

It would look better doing that, I think, but I can see why if you don't want to remove the lower part. You could shrink down the sleepy Ven.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
Edit: Are Avatars now capped at fixed size no matter what "level" member you are?

What are the exact dimensions for that, btw? (Also, has Dari always been your s/n? It's all "new phone, who dis" up in here.)

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
What are the exact dimensions for that, btw?

From what I've been told it's 400x400 for right now. Which looks pretty decent. It still doesn't fix the hot mess in the PMs, but it's better.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
From what I've been told it's 400x400 for right now. Which looks pretty decent. It still doesn't fix the hot mess in the PMs, but it's better.
I just want to add to KingdomKey's post. For the best quality, I recommend using images exactly 400x400. I did a little testing and images bigger or small are not adjusted or compressed well.

You can take bigger images and crop them to 400x400. That's no problem. However, upscaling smaller images to 400x400 looks like crap. I hope this helps!

Roxie1563

Actress/Healer in Persona: Icebound
Awards
Does anyone know why pics in the spoiler boxes are not working? I can't seem to fix it.

Could it be from the update or no..?

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Sweet Jebus, the avatars are giant now.
But hey sweet, glad to see some updates.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
The 420 character limit in profile posts is hella short. I was trying to edit back in pictures after they disappeared (I'm guessing from the update) but it won't let me unless I remove text.

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Sweet Jebus, the avatars are giant now.
But hey sweet, glad to see some updates.
It's funny cuz I immediately switched to the dark theme even though its the default xenforo one, and the avatars looked mostly the same. Then I switched to the light theme and WHOOOAAA LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THEM AVIES

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
*brainfart* Oh wait, you did have a Ven avatar before poutymer didn't you? I just remembered. XD

It would look better doing that, I think, but I can see why if you don't want to remove the lower part. You could shrink down the sleepy Ven.

Yea, it was Ven from the BBS opening, and before that I had the Sephiroth-Mogry made by Sign, for a rather short time a Naminé one and during my first two years I had an actual Sephiroth avatar.

Can you manually shrink down pics already embedded in the sig?
I remember linking the lower picture of the sig directly from Dark Grey's Deviantart account, lol.

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
Seph; the only way I know how to do that is download the offending file, then play with graphics programs and resize the thing, then upload it to your own graphics hoster so you can post it on the board. (THAT I know how to do, just don't ask me to do fancy stuff. (That's why I had to ask for help on my avatar. I can crop, I just wasn't sure how to do the border.) Every program I've tried makes that pretty intuitive.)

The best free programs for that that I know about are The GIMP, paint.net, Krita, and Irfanview. Irfanview's only good for resizing though; the rest are workhorses that can do more than that. Tho for quality's sake you might want to go with one of the other three. Try and see how it looks.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
If you use a MacBook or iMac, you can resize and crop using Preview. It has basic functions that are quite useful. For more complex changes (borders, gradients, layers), then I recommend GIMP.

Back