Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
  • Cloaked Schemer
  • Taciturn Stalwart
  • Chilly Academic
  • Whirlwind Lancer
  • Ever Gentle and Kind
  • Fairest of them All
Ah, the ones before Ven must be before I joined because I don't remember those at all.

Probably because I'm so used to you not having one despite your username, but I somehow find it funny that you actually did have Sephiroth avatars at one point.
Quite possible as I'm part of this forum since October 2010, although I did participate as an anonymous reader even before that.

Yea, it was initially because of Crisis Core that I had a "thing" for Sephiroth because I liked his pre-madness portrayal as a reasonable and arguably fully decent person.
Even if he was somewhat aloof, Sephy fit the "hero" moniker before the Nibelheim incident drove him over the edge.

FudgemintGuardian

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed."
  • The Foreteller
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Beauty Within
  • O, Purest of Hearts
Quite possible as I'm part of this forum since October 2010, although I did participate as an anonymous reader even before that.

Yea, it was initially because of Crisis Core that I had a "thing" for Sephiroth because I liked his pre-madness portrayal as a reasonable and arguably fully decent person.
Even if he was somewhat aloof, Sephy fit the "hero" moniker before the Nibelheim incident drove him over the edge.
Totally understand! I love Crisis Core's portrayal of Sephiroth for the reasons you stated.

The more humanized Sephiroth was a blessing to VII.

Nutari

The Scotsman
  • Retired Staff
  • Rising Star
  • Crafty Soul
Likes are not staying. I know a few of you want it but its a gateway to elitism and this site has too much of a history with it.

Like if any of you can write me a 2k word essay on the value of it with compelling arguments, I might take it into consideration (please don’t actually do that I still won’t take it into consideration)

It’s pretty clear most of this stuff is a work in progress. None of what you see will be staying the same.
Liking while I can~

Congrats on the upgrade. I really dig it. Can't say I'll be here often, but it's nice to know we're in the modern age now.

Also, I see that avatar sizes are standardized for the time being. Is that going away?

Recon

Thank you Edmunds
  • News Hound
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • Ursus Union
  • Mog Boss
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
  • Final Fantasy Dimensions
I have a new request and suggestion(s). I like the new Twitter side bar feature, but every time we add a new part to the side bar, it just gets longer. And it does require more scrolling and more white unused space. I'd like to suggest two solutions to this.

1) Make online users and forum statistics be shown vertically so it removes some of the white space that's unused.
Edit: So Twitter, Staff Online, and Latest Posts on the right side bar. And underneath Creative Corner, put Forum Statistics, Share this Page, and Members Online.

2) Fill in the white space with something. Remember the old dark mode skin where we had Noctis in the background? I was thinking something similar. I think it was a locked image (doesn't move when scrolling) and it was, I think, 50% opaque so it blended in a little bit.

I do like Latest Posts on the right side bar though.

plasmos

KHI Site Developer
Staff member
  • Rising Star
  • Le Artiste
  • Anguis Union
  • Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ
Is the default style planned to have any emblems or background banners? because Night Mode is infinitely cooler because of those features.
But not to worry, I'm (creating/and or add) another Light theme for light users. Ideally the default style might change a little however nothing fancy like I did with the dark theme. Also icons may be changed everyone for (dark theme) just an FYI if you see a change i'm working on it.

As far as the light style. Well I tried talking a design to Edmunds about the light theme having some sort of banner or image however he wants to keep things simple. Only for commercial purposes is why its so bland. If you want the icons to change more than likely I can see about that being done. It might be in the works now 🤷‍♀️ The skins we have now will not be the only ones on the forums, currently its a project being worked on

Last edited: