• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Famitsu Scan + Ending Info!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattthecoolguy

So my friend and I have been dissecting the nine min trailer that recently came out, and the biggest debate we've had was the timeframe of each scene (before, after, during, in dream). And the most discussed was Axel showing up, we just haven't had a clue where that was, especially since he called himself Lea. So does the second scan with the Axel diagram confirm he's back? Is his situation the same as Xehanort where killing the heartless and nobody restores the original? If only I could read Japanese....

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So my friend and I have been dissecting the nine min trailer that recently came out, and the biggest debate we've had was the timeframe of each scene (before, after, during, in dream). And the most discussed was Axel showing up, we just haven't had a clue where that was, especially since he called himself Lea. So does the second scan with the Axel diagram confirm he's back? Is his situation the same as Xehanort where killing the heartless and nobody restores the original? If only I could read Japanese....

It's Lea. Lea doesn't have Axel's eye tattoos and has longer hair.

geniebheart

Website
www.youtube.com
I don't think Axel is back? o__O I assume it would be Lea in the dream world. He doesn't even have the markings on his face. I think the Axel diagram is just to show comparison (then again, I can't read Japanese either, so I don't know what they are talking about). That would be my guess anyway.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't think Axel is back? o__O I assume it would be Lea in the dream world. He doesn't even have the markings on his face. I think the Axel diagram is just to show comparison (then again, I can't read Japanese either, so I don't know what they are talking about). That would be my guess anyway.

Lea is back, not in the Realm of Sleep, in the Realm of Light.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Does lea appere in the dream world too?

Grey

That makes sense; I wonder what Nomura possibly could have conceived to have them shoot him down though. Maybe it was just too utterly confusing.

Or too utterly dark/violent.

Even as I say this, I remember "Another Side/Another Story," but... still. If Disney is responsible, I won't be happy. Even if Disney is part of why this franchise works so well, it's also what's holding it back.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
Oh wait. I think I am getting confused with the realms o__o My bad xD
No worries~

Or too utterly dark/violent.

Even as I say this, I remember "Another Side/Another Story," but... still. If Disney is responsible, I won't be happy. Even if Disney is part of why this franchise works so well, it's also what's holding it back.
I don't think that there could have been something so violent that Disney would have flat out said no. I mean, Kingdom Hearts has gotten away with Braig basically losing an eye. I would think that Disney may have shot Nomura down due to it being too confusing for a Western audience.

Oh great more Disney bashing. Sigh.
I didn't see any of that.

UltimaJackpot

A JP release announcement soon? That's great news.

I think I'll side with the "It was probably way too confusing" sentiment regarding the ending.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Is the image in the left corner also part of kh3d
agpiZWViZWUyc2VlchULEgxJbWFnZUFuZFRleHQYqNnABQw.jpg

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
delicious sauce to neogaf's duckroll desu~

He mentions that for the opening movie, the top screen will be a Visualworks CG movie, while the bottom screen will be traditional 2D animation of Mickey's silhouette moving around. The concept is inspired by Mickey's antics in Sorcerer's Apprentice, so what he does on the bottom screen will influence what the opening movie shows on the top screen. Sounds like a cool concept.

Another thing which hasn't been mention before is the ad-hoc communication functions of KH3D. Nomura says that you will be able to use the Dream Eaters you have collected and grown to challenge other players' Dream Eaters. The combat will not be using the normal game's battle system, but instead something new and different in the form of a minigame of some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back