• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

NEW ENEMY SYMBOL!!!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbanQuattrus

Sweet Jesus, thats the last thing we need."Venterra" is not something one likes to read about... I mean, Terra seems to be at least 10 years older than Ventus.

Oh god, "greek pederasty" themes will abound...

Look at Ven's Emblem and tell me that isn't the Heartless symbol =\

It's NOT the heartless symbol. See the lack of thorny vine patterns? The straight edges instead of a heart shape? It may be that the new symbol evolved into the heartless symbol, but that is no evidence that Terra is Xehanort. As Hades said, it's not that complex a symbol; it's certainly not difficult to conceive that Xehanort made it on his own. "Hmm, they're heartless, so I'll make the symbol look like a heart with thorns in it! Well, such genius could never be thought up originally, it must have been taken directly from Terra's belt buckle!" ...I don't think so.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
when they turn from good to evil...? Not that I'm disagreeing necessarily, but what example makes you say so?

Well, what about the Natzi[not sure if i spelled that right]symbol? That symbol actually meant peace, but for some reason Hitler used it to represent himself. Now they didn't change the symbol's design, but I'm saying that's an example of good to evil. Sometimes in video games the symbols get different designs to look more sinister.Also, I'd like to point out to everyone who thinks the symbol Terra and Ven are wearing is the Heartless symbol before it was the heartless symbol, THAT IT'S NOT THE HEARTLES SYMBOL. It's probably meaningless and just an accessory like Sora's crown necklace.

UrbanQuattrus

Well, what about the Natzi[not sure if i spelled that right]symbol? That symbol actually meant peace, but for some reason Hitler used it to represent himself. Now they didn't change the symbol's design, but I'm saying that's an example of good to evil. Sometimes in video games the symbols get different designs to look more sinister.Also, I'd like to point out to everyone who thinks the symbol Terra and Ven are wearing is the Heartless symbol before it was the heartless symbol, THAT IT'S NOT THE HEARTLES SYMBOL. It's probably meaningless and just an accessory like Sora's crown necklace.

Nazi reference! Godwyn's Law has been invoked! This thread has achieved critical mass, it's about to blow!

...but anyway, so what, the fact that the swastika was appropriated from somewhere else means that no symbol can be original now? Really, a heart with thorns in it is so hard to come up with for creatures called "heartless"?

Why would it be meaningless if Ven and Terra both have it?

Well, KingdomKing411 is right that Sora's crown symbol means nothing. That 4-point shuriken thing that Roxas has on his collar doesn't mean anything. Why is it necessary that VAT's symbol (And we haven't actually seen Aqua with this symbol) means anything more than the fact that they are some sort of team?

Vulcrypt

who knows if it means anything? The point is what it could possibly mean, not what it doesn't mean. it may mean nothing. but it might be the symbol for the confirmed enemy, so if we can support that idea with things we know then it forms a theory that could be worth something.

If VAT are all wearing that symbol, then maybe they are the new creature, but are able to retain human form, just like with the other creatures.

Last edited:

Kyrios

heres an idea, in kh2 you fight the nobodys because there bad but roxas ends up being good. so this new enemy is bad, but if VAT end up being the same creature, they dont nesicarlly have to be bad. just like axle when he fought nobodys, VAT may have a different cause then the enemy so they resist.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
It's not the heartless symbol. Lolwut.

You're taking what I said literally? xD I didn't mean it was LITERALLY the Heartless symbol, but you'd have to be in SERIOUS denial if you look at Ven's emblem and say it does not look like a the Emblem that Apprentice Xehanort adorned his artificial Heartless with

And in any case: even if it *was* based on that, that doesn't necessarily give as much credence for Xehanort=Terra, than MX=Xehanort or MX's apprentice=Xehanort. They could have all used that symbol as a starting point.

Not by itself, of course not, however it is added evidence of the same pool as the Soul Eater, Terra's Body, memory loss, etc. that are similarly used to back the theory

why would terra and ven be heartless? tell me that and i might agree with you.

They're not heartless, the Emblem itself predates the Heartless. At the time of Ven/Aqua/Terra, that symbol was in no way related to the Heartless, it was later suspiciously used as a means to mark the Artificial heartless created by Apprentice Xehanort

It's NOT the heartless symbol. See the lack of thorny vine patterns?

Again, you're taking what I said LITERALLY, purposefully ignoring what you KNOW I meant.
The straight edges instead of a heart shape?

Look at Ven's crest, I see no straight edges. However, when talking about Terra's, the fact that it's sharp instead of rounded doesn't change that it is aesthetically the Heartless Symbol, unless you want to say that the Nobody weapons don't actually have the Nobody symbol on them because the weapons alter the emblem slightly

It may be that the new symbol evolved into the heartless symbol, but that is no evidence that Terra is Xehanort. As Hades said, it's not that complex a symbol; it's certainly not difficult to conceive that Xehanort made it on his own.

Xehanort? Maybe not, it's conceivable...but for Nomura to do this? For Nomura to design the Heartless Symbol, and then in a prequel set 10 years in the past, give a team of warriors almost the exact same symbol? Why would he do this? Why would he do such a thing, in a prequel meant to give us an insight into the KH universe and Xehanorts past, make such a blatantly obvious connection between the two, just for the sake of a coincidence? He wouldn't, he would not do this just for the hell of it, there's no way he would do such a thing for it to have absolutely no relevance

"Hmm, they're heartless, so I'll make the symbol look like a heart with thorns in it! Well, such genius could never be thought up originally, it must have been taken directly from Terra's belt buckle!" ...I don't think so.

"I must mark this new creature so I may see which ones are created by my hands...I must mark them...what's...this? Why...why am I seeing this symbol? Why does this symbol seem...familiar to me? am...am I remembering something!?"

Also, why would they be waring heartless symbols? It just doesn't make sense

Because at the time the scene is taking place, they are not Heartless symbols, they are nothing more than a crest or emblem of their team, in no way tied to Darkness or Heartless. It is not until years later, a young Apprentice by the name of Xehanort...decides to use the same symbol to mark his creation.

That is why this is important.

Well, KingdomKing411 is right that Sora's crown symbol means nothing.

Why say such things? Sora's crown could be immensely important, we simply don't know at this point, but there's no reason to simply write it off as irrelevant

That 4-point shuriken thing that Roxas has on his collar doesn't mean anything.

I would think a well-thought theorist like you would have noticed that Roxas's Necklace is the Nobody symbol cut in half =\

Why is it necessary that VAT's symbol (And we haven't actually seen Aqua with this symbol) means anything more than the fact that they are some sort of team?

At the time Birth By Sleep takes place, it could very well mean nothing more than that they are a team, and I have no reason to dispell the probability of that being so! I actually stated earlier, that this is most likely the case

...however, that is not why I find this whole thing important...I find it important because years later that same Emblem was born again, thought up by a young Apprentice with no memory of his past, and used to uniquely mark the Artificial Heartless he created

That is why it's important

Last edited:

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
You're taking what I said literally? xD I didn't mean it was LITERALLY the Heartless symbol, but you'd have to be in SERIOUS denial if you look at Ven's emblem and say it does not look like a the Emblem that Apprentice Xehanort adorned his artificial Heartless with

Well, yes, there is a resemblance, I'll say that.

ot by itself, of course not, however it is added evidence of the same pool as the Soul Eater, Terra's Body, memory loss, etc. that are similarly used to back the theory

Wha? Explain Soul Eater.

Why say such things? Sora's crown could be immensely important, we simply don't know at this point, but there's no reason to simply write it off as irrelevant

I think he was expressing that, as of now, it means nothing. So why should VAT's symbol be any different?

I would think a well-thought theorist like you would have noticed that Roxas's Necklace is the Nobody symbol cut in half =\

It's still largely meaningless. I mean, what plot relevance does it have? Is it ever commented on? Does anyone actually notice it? No.

UrbanQuattrus

Look at Ven's crest, I see no straight edges. However, when talking about Terra's...

So, with that you're saying they're not the same symbol?

the fact that it's sharp instead of rounded doesn't change that it is aesthetically the Heartless Symbol, unless you want to say that the Nobody weapons don't actually have the Nobody symbol on them because the weapons alter the emblem slightly

The difference is, with the organization members, we already know that they ARE nobodies, so there's really nothing else you can do with the symbol to say it's something else. We don't have a clue what the belt buckle means, if anything, so I think you're jumping to conclusions to state that it aesthetically IS the heartless symbol. A simpler explanation could be...

Xehanort? Maybe not, it's conceivable...but for Nomura to do this? For Nomura to design the Heartless Symbol, and then in a prequel set 10 years in the past, give a team of warriors almost the exact same symbol? Why would he do this?

...because, well, I have my own opinions concerning Nomura's overall lack of ingenuity. Every one of his dark, brooding, emo jerk characters always has to have some angel wing-motif to represent that they are FALLEN ANGELS (ooh so dark). That doesn't mean Sephiroth is related to Riku. The hair, too; the good guy always has spiky hair in a natural color (What year was Goku created?), while the ambiguous bad guy always has to have long, white hair. (And I won't even bring up here the tendency of rehashing the same stories over and over, as we all know that has its own thread...)

Why would he do such a thing, in a prequel meant to give us an insight into the KH universe and Xehanorts past, make such a blatantly obvious connection between the two, just for the sake of a coincidence?

Obviously, the point of contention we dissenters have is that it is nowhere near "blatantly obvious" to be a connection. You are jumping to conclusions in leaps and bounds.

He wouldn't, he would not do this just for the hell of it, there's no way he would do such a thing for it to have absolutely no relevance

Again... Sora's crown. Roxas's cross-thing. The weird circuitry-board pattern on Diz's chest or all those pouches he's wearing on his belt. All the zippers everywhere. Saix's scar. The prevalence of victorian architecture in Traverse Town. They're just for looks, that's all. They're graphical designs made to draw the eye and better keep the player's attention.

"I must mark this new creature so I may see which ones are created by my hands...I must mark them...what's...this? Why...why am I seeing this symbol? Why does this symbol seem...familiar to me? am...am I remembering something!?"

Possible, sure, but still pure conjecture.

Could be, but as Hades says:

I think he was expressing that, as of now, it means nothing. So why should VAT's symbol be any different?

Exactly. Three games so far, and not a single hint that it's anything more than decoration.

Well, thank you for the compliment. But I still find this to be conjecture. What would it mean, that he's half a nobody? Why would he be "born" with it in the first place, then? It's on his collar before Xemnas approaches him. Hades again puts it well:

It's still largely meaningless. I mean, what plot relevance does it have? Is it ever commented on? Does anyone actually notice it? No.

It's just there. It never achieves importance.

At the time Birth By Sleep takes place, it could very well mean nothing more than that they are a team, and I have no reason to dispell the probability of that being so! I actually stated earlier, that this is most likely the case

...however, that is not why I find this whole thing important...I find it important because years later that same Emblem was born again, thought up by a young Apprentice with no memory of his past, and used to uniquely mark the Artificial Heartless he created

That is why it's important

I can't say that this won't be proven true, I just think that you're prematurely assuming it is.

Vulcrypt

For Nomura to design the Heartless Symbol, and then in a prequel set 10 years in the past, give a team of warriors almost the exact same symbol? Why would he do this?

1. it isn't exatly the same.m I think that it is different enough to be a new symbol. If yu remeber, the nobody symbol too is based on a heart, only it is upside down. I totally think nomura would do something similar to the a heart for the new symbol.
1. TMM, it could be a prequel to the heartless symbol (although, i disagree). BUT, nothing that you have said has ever proven to me that it doesn't stand for the new enemy BEFORE it would stand for the heartless.

they are nothing more than a crest or emblem of their team, in no way tied to Darkness or Heartless. It is not until years later, a young Apprentice by the name of Xehanort...decides to use the same symbol to mark his creation.

1. It's not the same symbol.
2. How do you know it is nothing more then a crest, or that it isn't tied to darkness and the heartless? Even crests have to stand for something.

I find it important because years later that same Emblem was born again, thought up by a young Apprentice with no memory of his past, and used to uniquely mark the Artificial Heartless he created

You are only asuming that he would be wearing it when he is found with his memory lost. If you notice, that symbol isn't on the armor that VAT are wearing in the last battle with MX. so, if there is a chance that he still has it on after the true ansem revives him (if terra is in fact xehanort, unlikely), then he could use it as a sort of mark, with a few tweaks, to symbolize the heartless.

The number of variables in that theory are astonishing. And you are always talking as if it is fact.

I can't say that this won't be proven true, I just think that you're prematurely assuming it is.

i couldn't have put it better myself.

Originally Posted by Oblivionite
Maybe the new enemy has no symbol...

i very highly doubt it.

Last edited:

O a t h keeper

Musically Promiscuous
If you ask me, this seems to be the symbol of the good guys. Perhaps its the symbol of the keyblade weilders?

I also think that the Heartless and Nobody symbols are modified versions of this symbol because Xehanort might've remembered this symbol, but used it for the Heartless/Nobodies.

Eagl

The symbol is most likely a group symbol. Maybe something that show you who is your master. Like every master has theyr own symbol. Then someone related to the persons became Xehanort AtW apprentice and made the heartless symbol remindeble of the new one.

D

Deleted member 36435

They could be in some kind of cult and that's there symbol, kinda like the Nazis.
=/
Or what TMM said.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
Again, serious denial if you're trying to say that these emblems are not practically the same exact thing as the Heartless symbol, Ven's in specific is exactly like the Heartless symbol

4qxrzx2.png

Well, yes, there is a resemblance, I'll say that.

Resemblace? More like it's practically the exact same symbol

So, because one thing is something you think has no direct meaning, anything related to it should be equally dismissed? Hell, we don't know if the DS having the same outfit as Dark-Riku has any meaning, so you're clearly delusional for trying to think that there's a connection, Hades.

See: because you can point out a similar thing that wasn't a huge plot detail, that means that everything remotely like that has to be equally meaningless.

It's a stupid defense to try and dispell the notion.

So, with that you're saying they're not the same symbol?

If you look at the picture, they clearly are.

The difference is, with the organization members, we already know that they ARE nobodies, so there's really nothing else you can do with the symbol to say it's something else. We don't have a clue what the belt buckle means, if anything, so I think you're jumping to conclusions to state that it aesthetically IS the heartless symbol. A simpler explanation could be...

Before we knew what Nobodies were they still had the symbol on their weapons, had this conversation taken place 2 years ago you'd be trying to tell me that there is no relation between the symbol on the Unknown's Weapons and the symbol representing the "White Heartless"

I'm not jumping to huge conclusions, I'm looking at something blatantly obvious that the director of the game is making a clear connection between, and you're saying that because they're not precisely the same thing, that there's no way they're related and that it's just PURE COINCIDENCE that the director orchestrating the entire story decided to put them there?

...because, well, I have my own opinions concerning Nomura's overall lack of ingenuity. Every one of his dark, brooding, emo jerk characters always has to have some angel wing-motif to represent that they are FALLEN ANGELS (ooh so dark). That doesn't mean Sephiroth is related to Riku. The hair, too; the good guy always has spiky hair in a natural color (What year was Goku created?), while the ambiguous bad guy always has to have long, white hair. (And I won't even bring up here the tendency of rehashing the same stories over and over, as we all know that has its own thread...)

It's funny that you say this, because was it not 2 pages ago that you said you had faith in Nomura to not use such a plot device that you deem 'too obvious'? Clearly it's not that obvious, seeing as I'm the only one here who has noticed the connection and how clearly relevant it is, you're using Nomura lack of ingenuity to try and disprove my theory, while defending yours by saying that Nomura has the ingenuity to not do something that would be so obvious

Obviously, the point of contention we dissenters have is that it is nowhere near "blatantly obvious" to be a connection. You are jumping to conclusions in leaps and bounds.

I'm making obvious connections, and you're sticking your head in the sand

Again... Sora's crown. Roxas's cross-thing. The weird circuitry-board pattern on Diz's chest or all those pouches he's wearing on his belt. All the zippers everywhere. Saix's scar. The prevalence of victorian architecture in Traverse Town. They're just for looks, that's all. They're graphical designs made to draw the eye and better keep the player's attention.

See: because you can point out a similar thing that wasn't a huge plot detail, that means that everything remotely like that has to be equally meaningless.

The point you were making sort made sense up until the DiZ part. You're saying that because he designed buildings, that means that the Knights having a Heartless symbol crest on them years before it was thought it has no meaning? There's a difference between making something pretty, and placing a specific symbol in a prequel that you are specifically making to explain the history of the things we don't know about

Let's see here, I'll try the same thing you're doing

Riku has big shoes, Sora has big shoes, clearly this means that Master Xehanort has a foot fetish, and thus clearly has no plot relevance because he's creepy!

Possible, sure, but still pure conjecture.

You give one example of what could have taken place and it's clearly a well-thought proof that what I'm saying could not have taken place, I say something similar and it's nothing more than 'conjecture'?

Exactly. Three games so far, and not a single hint that it's anything more than decoration.

The DS's face was hidden in the trailers, in the Kh2 trailers Xigbar's face was hidden, however Xigbar turned out to have no real plot relevance, that means that DS is equally irrelevant because his face is hidden and this clearly means that there's nothing mysterious about him!

It's just there. It never achieves importance.

The Soul Eater never achieved importance, up until it became a huge plot device.

You're prematurely assuming it isn't.

I haven't assumed anything, as you can see all I've done this entire discussion is point out why I feel it is important, I have no waved anything around as a fact, I merely pointed out a connection and pointed out how this could be important

I think that it is different enough to be a new symbol.

That'd be like saying Mickey's Keyblade is difference enough from Sora's to not be called a Keyblade at all, and instead be called a "Mickey-Blade"

1. TMM, it could be a prequel to the heartless symbol (although, i disagree). BUT, nothing that you have said has ever proven to me that it doesn't stand for the new enemy BEFORE it would stand for the heartless.

You've said nothing that provides any inclination that it does stand for a new enemy.

1. It's not the same symbol.
2. How do you know it is nothing more then a crest, or that it isn't tied to darkness and the heartless? Even crests have to stand for something.

At the time of BBS taking place, it very well could mean nothing more than a crest of their group, however years later an Apprentice recalls the same symbol, and uses it to mark the Dark Beings he artificially created

You are only asuming that he would be wearing it when he is found with his memory lost. If you notice, that symbol isn't on the armor that VAT are wearing in the last battle with MX.

No, I am not assuming that he had it on his person at all. I said that he remembered the symbol, not had it in his possession. When thinking up the Crest to mark his artificial Heartless with, he had a predisposed idea of the Emblem he should mark them with, and that symbol happened to be the same one that Terra/Venn/Aqua(?) adorned

The number of variables in that theory are astonishing. And you are always talking as if it is fact.

The number of variables in any theory is astonishing, which is why 95% of the time every single one of us will be wrong.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back