• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New Degenki Nom-chan interview about BBSFM - TRANSLATED

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolution

Re: New Nom-chan interview about BBSFM in Dengeki Playstation.

I pretty much think I got the SE figured out.

You play as Aqua in the RoD (obviously), simply trying to stay alive. Seeing as how this bridges the connection off BBS and KHI, we'd assume that this would involve some other character from KHI to be in the RoD

Hmmm...Mickey? RoD? Keyblade

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

Still hasn't shown up according to all of my sources. :\

My guess is that there was not enough new information to make it worthwhile. There definitely was an interview, as we've already had a few snippets of it. If it shows up anytime soon I won't be surprised. If not, I wouldn't dwell on it.
That's unfortunate, but I wouldn't be surprised that they wouldn't have given too much away since the release is so close. Thanks for what you found, it was great. :D

You play as Aqua in the RoD (obviously), simply trying to stay alive. Seeing as how this bridges the connection off BBS and KHI, we'd assume that this would involve some other character from KHI to be in the RoD

Totally, but whoever was there... they better have a damn good reason for leaving her there for 11 fluffing years.

Ikkin

Bronze Member

How about Ansem, Seeker of Darkness? I've always wondered why, in the original Ansem Reports, he acts like getting rid of his body didn't change him all that much, when we've seen that he was a stooped, cloaked figure before he stole Riku's body. Ending up on the wrong end of a fight with Aqua could explain that pretty well, and there wouldn't be any need to ask why he didn't help her get out of the RoD because he's an enemy rather than a potential ally.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

How about Ansem, Seeker of Darkness? I've always wondered why, in the original Ansem Reports, he acts like getting rid of his body didn't change him all that much, when we've seen that he was a stooped, cloaked figure before he stole Riku's body. Ending up on the wrong end of a fight with Aqua could explain that pretty well, and there wouldn't be any need to ask why he didn't help her get out of the RoD because he's an enemy rather than a potential ally.
...Ikkin that is beautiful. -claps- This, I want this. And nothing else. XD

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards

A fight with Diz, yet another thing BBS took from Days.

ActingDude17

...Ikkin that is beautiful. -claps- This, I want this. And nothing else. XD

I agree. I think that scenario could work really well. Plus, it would kick the nostalgia up even another notch.

Awards

It's a given that she meets Mickey based off of the Re:coded Ultimania interview.
Seriously, that's practically confirmed.

The question is what the two will discuss.
Given that Nomura said the Secret Episode will specifically connect to KH1, what do you think Mickey would talk about?
Why he's there.
A dark realm keyblade.

And I still think, as I've mentioned in the past, that Aqua will tell him about seeing Terra and Ven's keyblades, and he'll find Ven's, which will then become the IKK.

People take issue with the idea since Sora may wield Ven's keyblade (in Drive forms) at the same time as Mickey wielding the IKK, but Sora's keyblade being split between himself and Roxas has already proven that a keyblade can be in more than one place at the same time.
More importantly, though, Ven's keyblade there may be the Dark Realm counterpart to his real keyblade. The nature of the Dark Realm keyblades needs to be further elaborated on.

Memory Master

Gold Member
Awards

It's a given that she meets Mickey based off of the Re:coded Ultimania interview.

Given that Nomura said the Secret Episode will specifically connect to KH1, what do you think Mickey would talk about?
Why he's there.
A dark realm keyblade.

And I still think, as I've mentioned in the past, that Aqua will tell him about seeing Terra and Ven's keyblades, and he'll find Ven's, which will then become the IKK.

People take issue with the idea since Sora may wield Ven's keyblade (in Drive forms) at the same time as Mickey wielding the IKK, but Sora's keyblade being split between himself and Roxas has already proven that a keyblade can be in more than one place at the same time.
More importantly, though, Ven's keyblade there may be the Dark Realm counterpart to his real keyblade. The nature of the Dark Realm keyblades needs to be further elaborated on.

Basically when it comes to dark realm keyblades, your saying that perhaps keyblades from the dark realm look like ones from the light realm except inversed?

Radar

Bronze Member

Why he's there.
A dark realm keyblade.

I like this idea, it should be included.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

whats important is why they cannot bring her back with him
im not sure but i think it riku has somthing to do with that

^u^ so cacn the japaneses text be posted her when it comes so i can translate the interview

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards
Re: New Nom-chan interview about BBSFM - TRANSLATION EN TRAIN

I've found the French translation. I am working on translating it as we speak!

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net

Just some snippets in the mean-time: SPOILERS.

- Nom-chan considers No Heart to be the hardest boss in BBSFM and therefore he allowed multiple players to fight him.
- There's a cutscene added that shows Ven getting his memories back that was cut from the other versions.
- You can toggle English and Japanese voice acting.
- They made the Secret Episode accessible on all difficulty levels.
- The Secret Episode involves Aqua in the Realm of Darkness some time in the span of ten years before Kingdom Hearts begins.

Unumus

Awards

No Surprise there. Thanks Shamdeo for the find and Merope for the translation!

Last edited:

Ehres

` dragon dance
Awards

Translation by me said:
With only several weeks until the Japanese release of Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix on 20th January, Tetsuya Nomura has given an interview to the Japanese magazine Degenki. He mentions several of the exclusive additions to this version of the PSP title. In this game, we learn in particular that No Heart and the Master's Armour will have no connection to the storyline and will only be added enemies of the Mirage Arena. Nomura also reveals several details concerning the Secret Episode, a new part of the game linked to the story.

English dubbing

The deadline for the development of Birth by Sleep Final Mix has been reached. It was difficult to adjust the release date with those marked for release in the new year. Many players appreciate English dubbing. Since it has already been recorded for the Western version of the game, they decided to release a game including the English voices. In their opinion, among the three protagonists of the game the voices of Ven and Aqua are closest to their Japanese originals. Miss Toyoguchi, who voices Aqua, said that she also found the voices similar.

No Heart and the new bosses

They made No Heart a powerful enemy so that those who have played Birth by Sleep suffer from the difficulty. Having gone to the trouble to include an extra boss, it would have been a shame had he been easy to defeat.

"I thought the fans would love to try to challenge this boss."

Nevertheless, it is difficult enough facing him alone; taking him on as a group is Nomura's preference. Subtle changes have been made here and there between No Heart's armour and that of Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts II. They couldn't, for example, use Xemnas' enormous cape. The latter remained seated during battle, but No Heart will be able to get up. Once standing, No Hearts moves around a lot, so be careful!

The team initially wanted to do cutscenes in order to introduce No Heart and the Master's Armour, as was the case for the Unknown (Mysterious Figure), but this idea was rejected for creating inconsistency with the plot. Their strength and their abilities are the same as those of the original forms, but the two in armour are treated as revived data and exist separately from the original plot.

If the bosses were ranked according to their strength, it would go: Vanitas Sentiment < the Unknown < Master's Armour < No Heart. The two in armour are in particular at a strength which assumes that you are battling them with three people, so they won't go down easily.

The Secret Episode

The additional Secret Episode is the continuation of the Final Episode of the original game. In contrast to the secret movies and cutscenes up until now, you will progress by playing the character yourself. They lessened the conditions required to unlock it so that all the players could play it. It will also be available to play on Beginner Mode.

"As always, the final impact expands."

The extra episode concerns Aqua's story. After having fallen into Realm of Darkness, ten years have passed before she meets the cloaked man on the beach, and this talks of what happened after her fall into the Realm of Darkness. After the events of the Secret Episode, important events connected to the start of Kingdom Hearts begin.

"This is how the story of the series is connected in so many ways."

The Secret Episode is dubbed in Japanese. As in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +, you can switch between English and Japanese for all the cutscenes in Theatre Mode, except the Secret Episode which is dubbed entirely in Japanese.

Ven's Memories

They've added an additional cutscene concerning Ven's story - straight after his first meeting with Vanitas - in which he regains his memories. This scene is present in the Western version. It expands on the reasons why Ven looks up to Terra so much. The scene was originally planned to be in the original game but it was removed for various reasons and has now been restored.

Monstro, the Disney boss

They wanted a large Disney character to appear as an enemy; they had already used Ice Titan in the past so the idea of using another Titan surfaced, but they wanted something with a bit more of a twist. The Osaka team proposed Monstro and they decided to use it.

So several elements have been added to the Japanese version and Nomura hopes that everyone can have a go and experience it themselves - in particular the Secret Episode, exclusive to the Final Mix edition. Furthermore, he thinks that the players will be happy with the English voices in the game. The main characters, Eraqus and Xehanort will be voiced by foreign actors and actresses, and he wants you to be full of anticipation.

Source: Kingdom Hearts Destiny - Brèves - Birth by Sleep Final Mix : interview de Tetsuya Nomura

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

The Secret Episode

The additional Secret Episode is the continuation of the Final Episode of the original game. In contrast to the secret movies and cutscenes up until now, you will progress by playing the character yourself. They lessened the conditions required to unlock it so that all the players could play it. It will also be available to play on Beginner Mode.

"As always, the final impact expands."

The extra episode concerns Aqua's story. After having fallen into Realm of Darkness, ten years have passed before she meets the cloaked man on the beach, and this talks of what happened after her fall into the Realm of Darkness. After the events of the Secret Episode, important events connected to the start of Kingdom Hearts begin.

"This is how the story of the series is connected in so many ways."

The Secret Episode is dubbed in Japanese. As in Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix +, you can switch between English and Japanese for all the cutscenes in Theatre Mode, except the Secret Episode which is dubbed entirely in Japanese.
I can't wait for this. e_e I really might pick up the FM because of the Secret Episode... it sounds really great so far.
Thanks so much Merope. :D

Key to Truth

Awards
Huh..? I feel like I've read this before, I mean exactly the same words and same translation... Must be my imagination.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
In their opinion, among the three protagonists of the game the voices of Ven and Aqua are closest to their Japanese originals. Miss Toyoguchi, who voices Aqua, said that she also found the voices similar.

Willa Holland haters need to stop the hatin'.

Radar

Bronze Member
Thank you for translating. I am really anxious for the new additions especially what happens with Aqua in the RoD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back