• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

New BBS Trailer and Nomura Interview!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Detronilizer

yeah definitely not judging the whole cast, i love maleficent, eraqus and ven. and im sure most the disney characters still have the appropriate acting.

but terra and aqua better be able to portray some good emotion when it's needed, their voices atm don't seem up to it.

Remember that Terra's supposed to be the "cool, calm" guy. But I'm pretty sure the VA can put in emotion when needed. Look at the Terra gameplay clips for instance; his battle cries sound awesome.

YouTube - Birth by Sleep, English trailer - Gameplay (Terra)

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
The trailer is good and much better. I like it a lot.
And the line with ven saying he wanted to put an end to himself I almost cried.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Also, did Aqua speak in this trailer? I don't think I heard her...

Yes she did. You really didn't hear her ?

I still don't see why people are calling Terra "emotionless." The voice is calm but it's not "emotionless." The "What did I do? What did YOU DO?!" had plenty of emotion in it that I find it laughable people say that line had no emotion. There was anger in that line. And in his battle grunts, there's PLENTY of emotion towards them. The "When I really need you Ven... I know you'll be there" wasn't emotionless at all either. It was calm but certainly not emotionless.

destiny seeker

Seeker of the Future
Awards
I still don't see why people are calling Terra "emotionless." The voice is calm but it's not "emotionless." The "What did I do? What did YOU DO?!" had plenty of emotion in it that I find it laughable people say that line had no emotion. There was anger in that line. And in his battle grunts, there's PLENTY of emotion towards them. The "When I really need you Ven... I know you'll be there" wasn't emotionless at all either. It was calm but certainly not emotionless.

His voice is ok but I don't think it's that great. Like you said there is some kind of emotion but not like great emotion. It might also just be the voice that sounds bad.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
The "What did I do? What did YOU DO?!" had plenty of emotion in it that I find it laughable people say that line had no emotion.

I thought Terra sounded pretty good for the other lines, but I have to disagree here. I wouldn't say it has no emotion, but the second line definitely needs more (the first works well enough as shocked disbelief). =/ JP Terra sounds horrified by what he was made to do, complete with hitches in his voice that make him sound utterly distraught.

And Terra's not supposed to be calm in situations like that. He might be pretty mellow in his neutral state, but the kid's got practically no emotional inhibitions when stuff starts happening.

Jakek9

I thought Terra sounded pretty good for the other lines, but I have to disagree here. I wouldn't say it has no emotion, but the second line definitely needs more (the first works well enough as shocked disbelief). =/ JP Terra sounds horrified by what he was made to do, complete with hitches in his voice that make him sound utterly distraught.

And Terra's not supposed to be calm in situations like that. He might be pretty mellow in his neutral state, but the kid's got practically no emotional inhibitions when stuff starts happening.
I found the line as though he was in shock. And he was reacting normally. different actors, make it sound different.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I think that Terra's voice isn't bad considering he is supposed to be calm and collected most of the time, but I feel like he just needs a bit more emotion at certain points...but yes, every VA takes a line differently, so if Terra's VA thought Terra should sound like that, then I'm OK with it, I'm just glad that he tried.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I think that Terra's voice isn't bad considering he is supposed to be calm and collected most of the time, but I feel like he just needs a bit more emotion at certain points...but yes, every VA takes a line differently, so if Mark Hamil thought Terra should sound like that, then I'm OK with it, I'm just glad that Hamil tried.

Hamill's voicing Eraqus. We don't know who's voicing Terra.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I found the line as though he was in shock. And he was reacting normally. different actors, make it sound different.

The first line's supposed to be shock, which is why it works. But the second line needs to be more confrontational, not just because of what JP Terra did, but because of the Terra model's own acting, and because of the line itself.

Not sure how much of that is the actor's fault, though, because the structure of the lines is working against him. The second sentence doesn't feel like it has enough to it (it seems like it should be something more like, "what did you do to me?!" or "what did you make me do?!"), and the stress can't go on the "do," where it really belongs, because the first sentence ended with that same word, so it'd sound weird. =/

MomentoMori

Dead Technology
Website
mypage.na.square-enix.com

He was in shock. Wouldn't you be after doing something like that, and not realizing the enormity of it until it's too late?

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
He was in shock. Wouldn't you be after doing something like that, and not realizing the enormity of it until it's too late?
It sounded very flat. The "what did I do." should sound shocked the "What did YOU make me do." should have anger in it towards Maleficent, but instead it just sounded....flat.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
It sounded very flat. The "what did I do." should sound shocked the "What did YOU make me do." should have anger in it towards Maleficent, but instead it just sounded....flat.

They didn't sound flat, both lines sounded like they had anger toward Maleficent and in shock at the exact same time. In fact, I honestly feel it had more emotion than the Japanese version. The JAP version sounded like he was holding back anger while the ENG version sounded like he already was getting most of his anger out. It sounds like a mix of both shock and anger. So in many ways I actually like the ENG cast better. (except for Vanitas... JAP Vanitas is WAAAAY better)

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
They didn't sound flat, both lines sounded like they had anger toward Maleficent and in shock at the exact same time. In fact, I honestly feel it had more emotion than the Japanese version. The JAP version sounded like he was holding back anger while the ENG version sounded like he already was getting most of his anger out. It sounds like a mix of both shock and anger.
Meh. Didn't hear it.
So in many ways I actually like the ENG cast better. (except for Vanitas... JAP Vanitas is WAAAAY better)
What? How exactly is the Jap any different from the ENG.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Re: GameSpot Q&A W/ Nomura

I'm just glad he mentioned the whole KH0 thing again. I'm getting tired of all the people complaining about BBS being a useless spinoff.

ok, that is just ridiculous. who ever said that clearly doesn't know anything about kh BBS. it's pretty clear even before that it wasn't a spin off. spin off being an alternate kh game that holds no meaning.

anyways....i'm glad nomura is implying that numbered kh games is sony

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
What? How exactly is the Jap any different from the ENG.

Well the JAP version sounds more bad*** and more like "I'll kill everyone and enjoy it!" while the ENG version sounds much more (dare I say it)... emo. All I hear from the ENG version is Sora trying to act serious. I don't get the "Yeah I'll kill everyone and enjoy it!" type of feel with the ENG version of Vanitas. I just get "I'm going to act very serious..." Heck, I think Vanitas's ENG VA has the LEAST emotion out of all the cast to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back