• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Artwork for Union X 2nd Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
A friend came up with just a thought: what if Maleficent is involved in the Strelitzia affair?
It's just a thought and there is no proof of it, but I always thought: how did the assassin know about the Union Leaders plan? It seems really difficult that someone amongst the players could've caught wind of Ava nad the MoM's schemes.
Unless someone from the outside, who already had at least a basic knowledge of the events manipulated them.

"Hey kid, they're tricking you all and only 5 of you will be saved from complete annihilation: infiltrate them, get the Book and we'll share the rewards."
I mena, it doesn't seem completely impossible or out of Maleficent's way of doing things.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
A friend came up with just a thought: what if Maleficent is involved in the Strelitzia affair?
It's just a thought and there is no proof of it, but I always thought: how did the assassin know about the Union Leaders plan? It seems really difficult that someone amongst the players could've caught wind of Ava nad the MoM's schemes.
Unless someone from the outside, who already had at least a basic knowledge of the events manipulated them.

"Hey kid, they're tricking you all and only 5 of you will be saved from complete annihilation: infiltrate them, get the Book and we'll share the rewards."
I mena, it doesn't seem completely impossible or out of Maleficent's way of doing things.
Possibly. We still don't know how Maleficent comes into play into the KHUx plot.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Certainly possible I'd say.
In the Unchained 0 - scene where she appears in Maleficent does say "Besides just that, where in the world did he go off to again?"
Of whom is she talking about? When the scene first came out many people probably assumed she's talking about Pete, but what if she isn't?

Maleficent manipulating someone into helping her schemes also isn't new and would perfectly fit her character, not to mention a nice throwback to her role and actions in KH 1.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Certainly possible I'd say.
In the Unchained 0 - scene where she appears in Maleficent does say "Besides just that, where in the world did he go off to again?"
Of whom is she talking about? When the scene first came out many people probably assumed she's talking about Pete, but what if she isn't?

Maleficent manipulating someone into helping her schemes also isn't new and would perfectly fit her character, not to mention a nice throwback to her role and actions in KH 1.

If that does end up being the case, we could see a situation in which Lauriam partners up with Maleficent and Pete. By doing that, they can maintain his antagonist role whilst have him still be against Xehanort's motives.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Possibly. We still don't know how Maleficent comes into play into the KHUx plot.

I swear, it's so tiring to deal with the Chi-involved villains as of now. We got suspicious level over 9000 Luxu and MoM, we got the shady Chirithy, we got even shady players, and also fishy Foretellers, but even the furry convention got toned down by the plot's newest black holes, Maleficent, maybe Pete, Lauriam, that new coaty, who else am I missing. Somehow all of them bear a certain nuance of something "villain" or "anti" or "negative", more or less, depending on case. We got a lot of "grey" characters that I would really like to be able to sort out at least some of them neatly into "light" and "dark" or "white" and "black" or "good" and "evil", for once I would prefer simpler things in the deal with this series...

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I swear, it's so tiring to deal with the Chi-involved villains as of now. We got suspicious level over 9000 Luxu and MoM, we got the shady Chirithy, we got even shady players, and also fishy Foretellers, but even the furry convention got toned down by the plot's newest black holes, Maleficent, maybe Pete, Lauriam, that new coaty, who else am I missing. Somehow all of them bear a certain nuance of something "villain" or "anti" or "negative", more or less, depending on case. We got a lot of "grey" characters that I would really like to be able to sort out at least some of them neatly into "light" and "dark" or "white" and "black" or "good" and "evil", for once I would prefer simpler things in the deal with this series...

I couldn't disagree more. I like that the villains are not as clear cut this time around. It makes people think and theories, and it makes the characters in this entry more three dimensional. You want "simple" characters? go play Birth by Sleep, Master Xehanort and Vanitas are as obvious as villains as you can imagine. People hated that, people hated that Terra was so gullible about Xehanort and that Ventus didn't do much to warn Terra or Eraqus about Master Xehanort once his memories of his former Master was reformed. Master Xehanort and Vanitas were entertaining villains but they were easily shoehorned in the villains, which limited their emotional scope.

It was interesting to see everybody's take on who the traitor was before Back Cover, it was interesting for people to doubt Ephemer and Skuld when they were first introduced, and it was funny to see everybody point fingers at Blaine being fishy just because his eyes were covered. Had the villains in this entry be more clear cut then the investment into the narrative of X wouldn't have been anywhere as strong.

Muke

whatever
Awards
Baymax, I couldn't agree more!! Said it better than I would ever be able to.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I think I relate to what DarkGrey was saying, to some extent.
It is true that an unforeseeable and unexpected villain would be a nice change of pace (aside from the fact that, well, Ansem in KH1 wasn't exactly all up in your face), but that doesn't mean every take that isn't clear cut is automatically good.

Honestly, I don't always like how X handles the characters: trying to guess who's the traitor is fun, yes, but the fact that EVERYTHING about EVERYONE is a mystery isn't.
To me it's just the same old "mysteries spam" Nomura's been doing as of late.
Having a villain that isn't straight up an enemy to destroy as soon as he appears would definitely feel fresh for the series and a way to deliver an interesting story (provided one has the skills to do so, obviously), but I also think X has too many grey characters.
I'm curious and involved when I see the MoM acting all mysterious. I'm not when nearly everybody else do the same. I feel bored.

I don't have people to root for. Or people I dislike. Because even what little they show might be an act, and everyone might be a traitor, or manipulated, or an hero undercover.
Not a great and compelling narrative when you do it all the time.

DarkGrey Heroine

How much closer could I be?
Awards
Glad the story and character development and updates work well for you guys, but it just doesn't give me more enthusiasm anymore. But whatever I'll say, you will disagree each time, just don't rip off my head. It is just my personal feeling about how the story recently progresses/deepens in a way that I don't consider the best/most fulfilling and how in the years and years of me being in the "fandom" it got strangely tiring in the end, though I didn't expect it to ever happen in my case, as I absorbed every new piece of content eagerly each time. It's just how the story deepens that bugs me. If the final results will be amazing, though, then I will of course reconsider the Chi evolution as a whole.
And no, I don't want "simple" characters, but I don't want so many characters whose portraits are like cheese with hundreds of holes in it either. I wrote "simpler things" which wasn't meant to be taken wrong

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Reading the last few comments I personally tend to think the bigger problem here are not exactly the many "grey" characters or even the fact that there is still more mystery than anything and still no one knows who the actual villain/enemy is and why they're doing all the shit they're doing, but that it is dragged out to a point of frustration.

The whole traitor-guessing and headscratching about who the actual enemy is was already a thing since around the middle of the original browser-Chi back in 2014, which is by now three if not four years ago.
We got further snippets and some "aha"-moments along the way like i.e. Gula revealing parts of the Lost Page and highly ambigious interactions between Luxu and Ava, but nothing actually concrete that would allow the audience to at least narrow the field of suspects or get a clue on why the traitor does what he/she does.
Dark Chirithy's purpose and plans are also still largely unknown, as is the mystery about who distributed the guilt bangles that started the whole mess in the first place.
Back Cover also added more "mouth-watering" and WTF-moments to the already big pile but again nothing concrete enough that would actually allow the audience to arrive at some definite conclusions.
I can see why people may get frustrated with the whole thing because there are only ever added more questions and mysteries, nothing being actually resolved or explained.
Add on top the whole issue with the confusion about what is actually happening, what is a dream and what an illusion and you eventually have people starting to give up because it gets too confusing in its entirety.

Union X-Cross so far also only added to the WTF-pile with some admittedly cheap moves like throwing in Ventus and Lauriam and then just having them there as eye candy with one or two lines for months, doing nothing with them, or introducing a completely new character only to have them removed somehow just one update later.

On top of all the above then furthermore comes the fact that the story is paced at such a rate that a snail may be considered a racing car in comparison, with almost countless meaningless filler episodes thrown in-between diluting the interest because by the time the next important story piece hits, most people have already largely forgotten the intricate details of the last one and even if the interest is rewakened, it will be diluted again because more filler will follow keeping the actual story on hiatus.

DraceEmpressa

Awards

I mean... Maleficent used plant magic too.... Didn't she surround Aurora's castle with briars?

....smh at this rate basically every single damn thing about plants in KH could relate to Marluxia/Lauriam. What's next? It will be revealed his original union was Anguis and he will somehow get her keyblade? Because, y'know, it looks like THIS despite Invi herself never use plant magic and the other Foreteller's designs matched their special attack in the keyblade war?

745px-Foreteller_Invi%27s_Keyblade_KHX.png

File:Foreteller_Invi%27s_Keyblade_KHX.png

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
I mean... Maleficent used plant magic too.... Didn't she surround Aurora's castle with briars?

....smh at this rate basically every single damn thing about plants in KH could relate to Marluxia/Lauriam.
File:Foreteller_Invi%27s_Keyblade_KHX.png

I... wow I didn't even consider that.
I mean. I'm not going to be the "Nomura planned everything" guy, but both Marluxia and Maleficent do use thorns.
That could do for a neat small connection.

DraceEmpressa

Awards
I... wow I didn't even consider that.
I mean. I'm not going to be the "Nomura planned everything" guy, but both Marluxia and Maleficent do use thorns.
That could do for a neat small connection.

That might be so, and you know who else had petals in their attack? Ava.

Back then in this forum (I forgot which thread, what I remember is the the OP of that post is AlphaBaymax ) there is a post analyzing Ava's special attack in the Keyblade War , that she could be related to Marluxia because of the petals in her attack and he's proven right now.

I don't think Nomura is planning everything already like Oda do, I think it's more like he's doing call backs/call forwards in that there's minor detail in previous games and then he remembered and inspired from it for something bigger in future games.

JonathanC9918

Regarding about something I think it has to do with the plot; "I've been having these wierd thoughts lately. Like if is any of this for real or not?" "Dreameaters, nightmares, the symbol when heartless and the Dark Chirithy merged, the side-effect of the bangles and a second dream it mention..." "Then the dreams, the sleeping keyholes, every single character that is unable to awake because of a missing part of their heart, the keyblade graveyard and the tides between each character..." "Lights of children rebuilding remaining pieces of the world, like some sort of wish, or dream." That being said, and a lot more other things that chain up, means that one of the sources of power that pushes things through, more than light or darkness, is the dream that every single fragment will fall into it's place one day, which means the sleeping keyholes of the worlds were actually, more than just an exam, eas actually part of awakening and recovering all of these worlds previously seen, such is the case of the worlds swallowed by the darkness, which Sora, a -born- child was -chosen- by the keyblade by an -"accidental"- fate, having him returning several lost worlds by stopping the -End of The World-, when, as well, -children- rebuilt what remained before it would've vanished forever, or maybe actually sent to do so, which means all the keyblade wielders gathered... and at last, the fact that it has a direct impact in what Kingdom Hearts turnrd out to be, and as far as we all know, Sora and others are not the only ones who can wield the keyblades, for instance Lea, and on the otger hand, the seen transformations of a place, C. Oblivion/C. Of the Land of Departure, where there were actual training keyblade wielders to depart on various tasks that were interrupted by a man that holds a Keyblade as an aprentice of another Keyblade wielder, an aprentice that was never chosen, but had a bigger role, and, the goat design on Xehanorts keyblade and what symbolizes (which is actually something really peculiar, having that it matches up with him and someone else I know about). Having all this said, if the True Kingdom Hearts is made of Light and all hearts return to it, where exactly do the hearts go? And what about the possibility of choosing where to start? Riku's words cleared up most of the doubt when he said; "why are we here? We could've easily ended up anywhere else.". I don't think that's all, and from what I xan confirm more than what I've seen, hearts don't exactly go into oblivion, they simple move into another body (possesion, rebirth, revival, refuge are a few examples of how the heart works in this universe shown), which is exactly why I got to suggest that Sora, as well as a bunch of other characters, aren't abscent to this rule. Concluding, not a single clue who the goddess refers to, even having highly-probable evidence, it doesn't cover thst much, but there's more story before back cover took place, I'm sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back