• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► New Artwork for Union X 2nd Anniversary!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

Nomura reveals the new artwork to celebrate KINGDOM HEARTS Union X's 2nd anniversary, featuring Ephemera, Skuld, Blaine, Ventus, Lauriam, Chirithy and an unknown hooded figure! 

Zephyr has translated Nomura's special message!

Happy 2nd Anniversary! Greetings everyone!

Message from the Director

It's been a while, this is Nomura.
Here and there, we've been celebrating the 2nd anniversary and we would also like to thank our fans.
From all of the staff, we thank you very much. I've tried my best illustrating as well as with the writing.
I'll explain it a bit, for the 2nd anniversary, it is bringing up the number "2".
The medal is based on the final battle from Kingdom Hearts 2 and the avatar can dress in outfits from KH2.
The characters in the main story have a long Kingdom Hearts-esque opening for their introductions and the important parts of Union Cross have finally begun. It is the latest scenario appearing in that title.
While the surprise is just the beginning, I believe Union Cross will be deeper than X[chi] and Unchained X.
I believe it is a story that will keep everyone thinking at every turn so please look forward to it.
In mid September, the main scenario will be accompanied by a large update and please look forward to it.

Until then, may your heart be your guiding key.

Kingdom Hearts series
Director Tetsuya Nomura

This artwork will appear in the new title screen with Version 2.3.0, which will go live on September 14!

Source: KINGDOM HEARTS Twitter

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: New Artwork for Union X 2nd Annviersary!

I screamed when this came up! I wonder who the girl in the hood is, and we can see part of her face so hopefully she reveals what she looks like, unlike Luxu. Blaine looks so much better here than he does in the game, so I'm now really hoping we see this characters in a console game!

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards

It looks great..it's a shame we didn't at least get artwork for Strelitzia.

Oh wells.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards

I KNEW THIS WOULD BE AT FUCKING MIDNIGHT JAPAN I SET AN ALARM FOR A REASON

Muke

whatever
Awards

That looks absolutely epic!! Wow! Blaine is cool. Ven is cute. Ephemer is awesome. Everything is awesome.
I love it!! Also, the girl in the hood seems to have black or brown hair, just something I wanted to point out.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

That looks absolutely epic!! Wow! Blaine is cool. Ven is cute. Ephemer is awesome. Everything is awesome.
I love it!! Also, the girl in the hood seems to have black or brown hair, just something I wanted to point out.
She might, but that part of her heard was also drawn in shadow so it might be a blonde colour.

Muke

whatever
Awards

^ Truue.

Does someone know what type of flower the girl is holding in her hand?

The Dark Mamba

Awards

I'm guessing Nomura got jealous of someone perfectly replicating his style for the recent Lauriam and Blaine artwork that popped up.

I think that's his best drawing of Skuld yet.

Last edited:

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

hooded girl got to be steltiza noobody the first nobody to be sperfice

OZ mind

I wonder if she is Ava or Strelitzia

and I feel the pet will have some story behind it

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

I mean, no, not necessarily? Nobodies don't automatically have that black coat on
i know but this person is hiding her identy because she knows something though or the truth

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

^ Truue.

Does someone know what type of flower the girl is holding in her hand?
Spock found that it's Clerodendrum thomsoniaem, can also be known as "Bleeding Heart Vine"

Muke

whatever
Awards

i know but this person is hiding her identy because she knows something though or the truth
That's jumping to conclusions imo. I mean, it's a possibility, but who knows? Maybe she somehow got there via a Dark Corridor and that's why she has a coat on? Not saying that's how it is, just giving examples

Spock found that it's Clerodendrum thomsoniaem, can also be known as "Bleeding Heart Vine"
Okaay, thanks!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I guess it's safe to say Ephemera is technically the protagonist

Also, Blaine's face reveal and pose are making me less convinced that he's Strelitzia's killer... damn.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I'm thrilled to see that Pet's take up another slot in our medal wheel, since it shows "0/7".

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards

well now how ffitting for the stelizia and lauriam sitation

Muke

whatever
Awards
Wanted to share this since I thought it was neat, haha. Probably no significance
The flower's name is "Schicksalsbaum" in German, which rouughly translates to "destiny tree" or "tree of destiny"

Other than that, this is what I could find:

This eye catching flower carries meanings like: Expressing your emotions openly
A deep and passionate love between two people
Spurned or rejected love, especially in the Eastern cultures where the flower originated
Being too sensitive or emotionally reactive to the world around you
Feeling compassion and unconditional love for everything in creation
A connection that goes beyond life and death

The Bleeding Heart is one of the most literal flowers used symbolically today. The blooms resemble a classical cartoon heart with drops of blood falling out of it. Japanese folklore also has a tale about a spurned prince who killed himself by sword when a lovely maiden rejected his gifts, which are all represented by different petals from the flower. In American and British culture, the Bleeding Heart has a passionate meaning and is often exchanged as a symbol of true love. Some religious groups choose to plant the flower as a reminder of compassion for the suffering of others. It can represent people who share their emotions freely and wear their heart on their sleeve too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back