• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Never Give Up Hope

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
*Alright. This is my first fanfic. So I'm sorry if it sucks. I just figured I might try it out to see if I'm any good.* ^_^

Prologue

Every night, just before the sun would set, the last lights of day would paint a rainbow of colors across the sky. The colors would blend and shade the atmosphere a light pink and orange, as the black night sky would cast down upon it. The twinkling stars would seem to magically appear before me, as the light began to fade and disappear into darkness. Each night, I would sit on my windowsill and stare up at this magnificent sight and marvel at its’ beauty. I would close my eyes and imagine myself on one of those stars, billions of light-years away. Away from my home. Away from my life. But such dreams never come true on this planet. A planet full of hatred and sin. Will I ever leave this world and discover something new? Something magical? No. Probably not. Because nothing interesting ever happens on Earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1 - The Night of Truth

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 2, 2006

Dear Journal,
Last night I had the strangest dream. I was in a large white room with a blonde girl. She was drawing pictures of a boy with brown spiky hair and blue eyes. She spoke to me about him, but I can’t remember what she said. We were getting along pretty well, until the doors to the room burst open. It was the boy she had drawn. He was standing there, holding a large key. I jumped up into the air, and for some reason, I felt so happy to see him. I ran up to him and hugged him tightly. He did the same. Just before I could actually say anything to him, I woke up.
It was so weird. Why would anyone walk around with a large key?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Ana! Dinner is ready!” a motherly voice called from down the stairs.

Quickly turning her head in it’s direction, Ana slowly set her journal down and lowered herself from the windowsill. After stretching her body gracefully, she took one last look outside the window and smiled at the mystical night sky, the moon shedding its’ light upon the billions of stars that occupied it. Ana rushed out of her room and down the stairs, patting her dog, Neptune, on the head as she passed him in the living room.

“Hey mom. What’s for dinner?” she asked, anxiously sniffing the air. Ana had been in a great mood all day. Her first day of 10th grade went extremely well. She made many new friends and even found a cute guy to crush on. But the moment she entered the kitchen and saw her mothers’ grim face, Ana’s heart dropped and her great mood had been crushed severely.

“The usual. Chicken and rice,” she replied solemnly, pointing at the dining room table. Ana gazed in its’ direction, noticing the table was only set for one. “You go ahead and eat, sweetie. I had a long day and I’m exhausted. I’m just gonna call it a night.” As she walked out of the kitchen and up the stairs, she called out one last time to Ana. “Oh. And walk Neptune for me, okay? Night honey,” she ended with a yawn.

“Night,” Ana replied quietly, almost inaudible. Standing alone in the kitchen, Ana felt a mix of emotions come over her. Her appetite was suddenly gone as she felt tears well up in her throat. She took a deep breath to calm herself and planted a smile on her face. Whistling lightly to Neptune, she walked into the dining room and set her dinner on the floor, willingly giving it to him. She rubbed his soft fur as he happily ate it and smiled light-heartedly. “C’mon Neptune. We should go for that walk now.”

As they left the house through the back door, Ana gripped Neptune’s leash tightly and set off for the beach. She walked slowly as she stared up at the sky, memories of her recent past flooding through her head. For the past two months, it had been this way. Ana’s mother would come home late, make crappy dinners, and go straight to bed, leaving her to lonely and deprived. Though, there was really no choice since Ana’s father passed away recently. Her family had struggled greatly since then and her mother did everything she could to support Ana. And for that, Ana respected her mom, more than anything.

But even so, things had been tough. Ana tried so hard to put on a happy face for her mom and she did whatever she could to help. It just seemed that sometimes, her dedication was all for nothing.

That is why Ana loved the beach. She would often sneak out after curfew and stare up at the starlit sky. It would somehow bring a calm over her and make her forget all the horrible endeavors she had gone through. And as much as she wanted things to go back to normal, she just wished she could somehow get away and escape the reality of her life.

Ana was just on the edge of the beach when she took off her shoes and let the water run over her feet. Letting go of Neptune’s leash, she let him wander to do his business so she could have a moment alone. Staring up at the night sky, she smiled brightly, her long red hair flowing in the ocean breeze. The stars twinkled colorfully in her green eyes and cast a light over her pale freckled skin. “Take me away…” she whispered into the air.

At that moment, Ana felt as if her body was completely relaxed. And as she continued to gaze upon the stars, something strange caught her eye. Is that star...fading? she wondered, her eyebrows crossing in confusion. Shaking her head just to be sure, she glared back into the sky and found that the star was now gone. That's so strange...

Deciding it was time to head back home, Ana called Neptune over and dragged the dog back towards the house. Once inside, she cleaned up the kitchen and made sure Neptune was sleeping soundly, just to do her mother a few favors. Then she quietly tip-toed upstairs and gently closed her door behind her.

Because Ana didn't feel so tired, she decided to stay up a little later and stargaze some more from her favorite windowsill. Maybe I'll catch another star going out...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok. I would love feedback, but no flaming please! I have the main ideas of how this story will continue. And if I get enough comments, I'll write up another chapter. ^_^

Also, if this happens to resemble another fanfic, please let me know. That last thing I want is for you guys to think I copied someone else. Thanks.

Last edited:

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Thanks. :) And yea you're right. It does move too fast. So I'm gonna fix that right now.

Edit - Ok. I fixed it. I hope it's better now... *sweatdrop*

Last edited:

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
I hate to double post but I just wanna bump this.

I know this may not be as good as some other fanfics you guys have read, but I would really like some feedback. If it isn't that great, I wanna know. Just tell me what's wrong so I can work on it. But don't be too mean about it. lol

Anyways, I have the second chapter basically finished. But I'm not gonna post it until I get some more comments.

So...comment please! ^_^

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Ok. Here is the second chapter. I hope you guys like it.

Chapter 2 - Dreams Do Come True

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

September 3, 2006

Dear Journal,

Last night, after I came back inside from the beach, I sat in my windowsill and watched the stars again. To my surprise, three more stars blinked out. I couldn’t believe it. Why would they be going out? Is the end of the world coming or something?

I had trouble sleeping after that, but when I finally did, I had another one of my weird dreams.

I was standing in a large library with bookcases towering to the ceiling. I pulled out a book and began to skim through it. But I heard a soft voice from behind me. There was a young girl standing there, her hands held tightly behind her back. The strange thing was that she looked exactly like me. Dark red hair, petite features, and an aura of kindness. The only difference was that she had blue eyes, not green. She told me that ‘It was time’ and ‘We needed to go’. I shook my head violently, and for some reason, felt so incredibly scared of leaving. But a tall man, with pure white hair and tanned skin, grabbed me from behind and dragged me off. That’s when I woke up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Seriously, Ana. You’re losing it. Stars don’t just blink out like that,” Meg said, stuffing a whole half of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich in her mouth. Meg had been Ana’s best friend since as long as she could remember. The two know practically everything about each other and never go a day without talking. Even though they get along so well, they are complete opposites of one another. Meg is loud and spunky, while Ana is kind and gentle.

“I’m not going crazy. I swear I saw it,” she replied defensively, staring out over the ocean. After school had ended for the day, the two girls decided to just hang out and relax on the beach behind Ana’s house. They rushed home and made a couple of sandwiches to bring with them, but Ana hadn’t even touched hers yet.

“Oh I think you are. You haven’t even eaten your PB&J yet? You usually scarf those down,” she said, sounding appalled.

“I guess I’m just not hungry anymore,” Ana replied, a hint of sadness in her voice.

“Oh God. What’s wrong now? Is that dream bothering you again? I told you Ana, people don’t walk around with huge keys. If they did, they’d be sent off to a shrink.”

“No, it’s not that. I just…have a lot on my mind. That’s all.”

“Yea. Okay. Whatever,” Meg said carelessly, finishing off her sandwich.

“It’s just…things have been so strange lately. My mom’s been even more depressed than ever. I saw an open bottle of pills in the bathroom this morning. Tell me that’s not right? And my dreams have been getting more intense. I can actually remember them now. I never used to before. And then the stars…”

“You think it means something, don’t you? You really think that all of this is trying to tell you something, right?” Meg replied, obviously humored by this. “How many times do I have to tell you? Things don’t happen like that, Ana. This isn’t some movie or a video game. This is real life. Wake up already!” she continued, bonking Ana on the head.

“Hey!” she shouted at her, soon following up with a laugh. “Yea. You’re right Meg. This is real life.”

For the rest of the day, Ana and Meg chattered continuously about school, boys, and girlish things. Ana didn’t bring up the subject of her ‘fantasy world’ again, although the thought passed through her mind many times. But she figured she should just let the subject go and try to face reality.

The sun soon set, casting the same brilliant colors along the horizon once again. Ana stood up and stretched her perfectly shaped body, leaving Meg feeling jealous, as usual.

“I swear, Ana. You are getting skinnier each day…Are you binging and purging?”

“What?!” she replied with a shout, hardly believing her friend could think that. “Meg you know I would never do that.”

“Well, I just don’t know what you’re capable of anymore,” she said slyly, heading back towards Ana’s house.

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?” she shouted after her. But Meg was already a good distance away, her laugh echoing through the cool air.

Feeling annoyed, Ana sighed loudly and gazed up at the strangely colored sky. There were so many different hues, swirled together as the night sky began to dawn. Stars were already starting to appear in the sky, and Ana felt the need to stay out for a little longer.

Maybe I’ll catch another star fading this time… she thought, staring up into the atmosphere. Sitting down again, Ana must have gazed into the sky for a good 15 minutes before Meg came charging back towards her, a cordless phone in her hand.

“Ana?! What are you doing? I’ve been inside waiting for you,” she said, obviously pissed off.

“Sorry. I was just…”

“Whatever. Your mom called. Said she was gonna…Oh my God!” she ended with a screech. Meg’s eyes were dead set on the sky, her jaw dropped low in her chin.

“She said oh my god?” Ana replied, confused by the comment. But when she saw the look on Megs face, she knew something was wrong. It was frozen in place, and obviously dumbfounded by something. Turning to see what was so amazing, Ana gazed at the sky, soon making the same face as Meg.

The sight was both frightening and beautiful at the same time. Meg stared intently at it, petrified of what to do. But Ana felt enlightened. She had waited all her life for something this magical to occur. So she just smiled cheerfully and watched in awe as the small meteor shower rained down from the sky.

True Serenity

your forgotten memory
Thanks guys! ^_^

Ok. Here is chapter 3. I hope you guys like it and I hope more people start to comment.

Chapter 3 – A New Friend

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Journal,

After the meteor shower last night, Meg and I went quickly inside because shattered pieces of meteor began to rain down upon us. As we tried to escape it, one accidentally touched my arm, but didn’t leave the slightest scratch. It actually felt calming and had a certain warmth to it. Meg was so funny because she was freaking out and kept saying how the world was ending. I told her to calm down. Of course, she didn’t listen to me.

But the weird thing is, something else came down with those meteors. Something big and foreign. Meg and I saw it crash just a few beaches away, behind the old abandoned mansion. We were tempted to check it out, but my mom came home and told us to get inside.

I also had another strange dream last night. This time, I was sitting on a dock, staring out over the sunset. There was a boy sitting next to me, the same boy from my dream two nights ago, the one with the brown spiky hair, blue eyes, and odd clothing. He looked over at me and smiled softly. I couldn’t help but wonder why he did, since I didn’t really know him. But he quickly stood up and spoke something that left me very confused. He said ‘I’m so glad I found you, Kairi.’ I found this really weird, since my name is definitely not Kairi. He walked away and as I turned back towards the horizon, I saw someone standing in the water, a black cloak covering their entire body. That’s when I woke up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Alright. I’ll see you later. But tell me what you find, okay?” Meg said, standing nervously on the front steps of the school.

“Yea. I’ll call you and let you know. Just get back inside before you get in more trouble,” Ana said, pointing towards the large double doors.

With a quick nod and wave, Meg turned and ran back inside the building, leaving Ana amongst rushing students who were dying to get home. Somehow, Meg managed to get herself a detention on the third day of school. The two had planned to check out the ‘strange object’ that fell from the sky last night. But now, Ana would just have to do it herself and, of course, give Meg every detail of what she found.

Ana walked home as fast as she could, hoping that the ‘thing’ would still be there. She couldn’t help but wonder what it might be. What if it’s a spaceship? Or an old satellite? Ana could just feel the anticipation rush inside her as she ran towards her house and readied herself for, what she liked to call, an adventure.

She set her backpack down in the living room and ran upstairs to get a few supplies that might be useful on her little trip. She grabbed gloves and goggles, so she could get close to structure, plastic baggies and tweezers, so she could take anything that wasn’t remotely dangerous, and of course, an old baseball bat, for protection.

Making her way downstairs, Ana stuffed all her items in her backpack, excluding the bat, which she held firmly in her hand. As she passed through the kitchen, Ana noticed a crumpled note on the table that seemed to have been there since this morning. In rushed ink, it read:

Ana,
Won’t be home till late. Order a pizza for yourself. And walk Neptune for me.
Love,
Mom.

Perfect, Ana thought, smirking to herself. The last thing she needed was her mother worrying about where she was going. Quickly tossing it in the garbage, Ana marched out the door and began to make her way down the beach.

As she walked, Ana could feel her nerves starting to kick in. What if it’s some alien that wants suck my brains out? Or a radioactive meteor rock? she thought, feeling a little scared. But she tried her hardest to calm herself as she approached the desired beach, just behind the old mansion.

At this point, Ana could see the structure that fell from the sky and felt her face glow up when she realized that it was, in fact, a ship. But it wasn’t like any ship she’d seen before. Instead, it was colorful and rather small, unlike the huge ugly rocket ships they show on the news. Smoke was still rising from it but it seemed to be in pretty good condition, considering that it fell from outer space.

Taking a step forward, Ana stopped herself, her eyes growing wide, when she saw someone emerge from behind it. It was a teenage boy, who seemed about her age. He was walking clumsily, swaying from side to side. Ana wondered if he was okay, seeing as how he looked like he was ready to faint. Was he near the ship when it crashed? Or was he actually inside it?...

As Ana was about to walk forward, she gasped loudly when the boy fell backwards into the sand, obviously passed out cold. Taking off towards him, she fell to her knees beside him, looking down at his face. At that moment, she felt a strange chill run through her body as a realization struck her. He had the same brown spiky hair, the same odd clothes, and was holding the same large key in his hand. This kid…he…he was the one in my dream last night!

Although she found this extremely odd, Ana quickly pushed the awkward feeling away, knowing that she needed to help him. Lightly shaking the boys’ arm, she tried to bring him back into consciousness.

“Hello? Can you hear me?” she shouted, shaking his arm a little harder.

Suddenly, a smile came to Ana’s face when she saw him gradually open his eyes. With a grunt, he nudged his body and stared up into the clear blue sky, at first not realizing that Ana was there. But as he lifted his head, he soon noticed her and quickly smiled with a sigh of relief.

“Princess…Anastasia. I’m…so glad I…finally found you,” he said, his voice breaking from weakness.

Trying her hardest not to think too much into this, Ana just figured that he must have hit his head pretty hard and that it left him a little confused. She wondered why he would even call her ‘Princess Anastasia’. First of all, her name was not Anastasia. Secondly, princesses just don’t exist anymore. Princess? Is he serious? This is the year 2006 and we’re in The United States of America. There are no princesses.

“Can you tell me who you are? Or why you’re here?” she asked, hoping that it would help him remember things more clearly. But the question brought a smile to his face as he propped himself up on his elbows.

“My name is Sora. And I’m here to help you.”

sora_luver

Some place I've never been... wait a sec... this s
that was really good but i didn't understand why she was called princess anastasia because she looks like kairi so is she like kairi's sister or something??? plus in her dream sora called her kairi^_^ but don't take this as a bad comment i'm just wondering that's all^_^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back