TruestSyn

Bronze Member
  • Final Fantasy Type-0
  • Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  • Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX
  • Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5+2.5 ReMIX
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy
It has me pretty interested too, hopefully it's better than some of their other fantasy kids shows. A few of them have such choppy art.

Zip

Bronze Member
I can’t wait to find out more info on this tomorrow. I hope they reveal some stuff about the video game set in the same universe as well!

Zettaflare

Generation 8
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Anguis Union
A bit bummed it's CGI animation but aside from that the premise looks solid. Can't wait till September.

FudgemintGuardian

"Indeeeeeeeeeeeeed."
  • The Foreteller
  • Put That Thing Back Where It Came From
  • Savage Nymph
  • Come So Far
  • Beauty Within
  • O, Purest of Hearts
The frame rate on the characters look so janky, but other than that this looks like it'll be a good show.

Zettaflare

Generation 8
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Anguis Union
I'm curious what kind of personality they will give Rayla. She is a assassin sent to kill the brothers so maybe she could be tsunderish?

Pinwheel

The Origin
  • Retired Staff
  • You've Got A Friend In Me
  • East Meets West
  • Ifrit's Gauntlet
Don't think I've been disappointed so hard so fast from announcement to trailer like this series. I'll give it a couple episodes, but that Knights of Sidonia-esque animation almost always ends up looking like the video is buffering or some shit with the low framerate. Gonna really have to sell me on the story alone for this one.

Zettaflare

Generation 8
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Anguis Union
If this gets a second season would it be possible to change the animation style with enough feedback? Then again I haven't seen it yet so maybe the CGI will improve in other episodes.

Zettaflare

Generation 8
  • Nothing's Like Before
  • Anguis Union
Anyone have any opinions on the show?
First season was pretty good. A lot of the humor was similar to ATLA. I'm excited to see Xadia next season. My main gripe is the animation which feels stilted and choppy in certain scenes.

Zip

Bronze Member
First season was pretty good. A lot of the humor was similar to ATLA. I'm excited to see Xadia next season. My main gripe is the animation which feels stilted and choppy in certain scenes.
Yeah I really like the ATLA/Game of Thrones vibe. The series seems to acknowledge it is derived from those two shows and it combines their elements successfully, so it doesn’t bother me that it is derivative. The series definitely has its own unique story to tell. I think if the show is successful, a higher budget might help smooth out the animation quality. I sure hope we get a season two.

Laurel

I like it so far, though I felt there could've been more going on in the season and it could've concluded better, but it's engaging and the main characters are likable. (Enjoyed that Callum is voiced by Sokka's voice actor, he even has some of his humor.) The animation is a bit jarring at times but the style does make the show look unique so that's something.