• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Nerves

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mynny

Doing pudding pudding exercises during the day, ro
So ten minutes ago my mom reminded me of my dentist appt. tomorrow. I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled. All of them. They're putting me to sleep, and I'm scared. My mom told me a while back that they put my aunt to sleep when she got her wisdom teeth pulled, and she almost died. Not helping. I'm really nervous about this, and no one else I know has ever been put to sleep to get their teeth pulled so I don't know what to expect....I'm freaking out...any tips on how to relax?

C

Crossroads

You're not going to die. Just keep telling yourself that over and over in your head. Why would your Mom tell you something like that before you go under? Haha. That's funny.

Laz

KHI's Asz-Houl
stay calm.Think that you are letting yourself in profesional hands.They arent gonna let you die.Besides "there is nothing to worry about, its just the dentist" keep telling that to yourself and just think on other stuff like music i dunno, whatever you like.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
stay calm.Think that you are letting yourself in profesional hands.

That's not always the case; no need to sugar coat it guys.

Mistakes have happened and yes, people have died over complications of being under; not all relating to dentistry mind you. However, keep in mind that mishaps like injuries and death rarely happen now a days. Besides, it's wisdom teeth we're talking about. I'd be a little more frazzled about major surgery like having a limb removed or having an organ transplanted, that is a lot more life threatening (then again it's not a contest now is it?).

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Sure they're putting you to sleep, but it's a few teeth they're pulling out. It's not like you're going to lose a limb or an organ and risk blood loss or bodily injury to any great degree.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
As long as you're not allergic to the anesthesia, you should be fine.

Besides, I've got it worse. Not only do I get my wisdom teeth removed, but I have to get my top jaw reconstructed. I have an underbite, and my operation will consist of the surgeons sawing through my top jaw and pulling it forward and then pinning it back into place.
They have to move it by 8mm, which is big when you think about it, and it involves moving blood vessels and nerves.

How do you think I feel when a possible complication is losing all feeling in my mouth or going blind.

Wouldn't lung transplants occur more than jaw reconstructions?

Well yes and no. They could happen everyday, or they could happen once a month or it could be a year. It simply decides on what the organ donor and person who's receiving the transplant have in common. Say someone needs a transplant. In order for that one person to receive one. They need to have the exact same blood type, similarities in genes, similar white blood cell count, similar red blood cell count, lungs can't have any signs of possible future respiratory disease, no general history of illness, no trace of antibiotics in system, no trace of alcohol or drugs in system, donor can't be a smoker etc. The donor list goes by state, then who's health declines the fastest etc. Not to mention the person who's receiving the transplant needs to be in 10% of their life expectancy.

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Well yes and no. They could happen everyday, or they could happen once a month or it could be a year. It simply decides on what the organ donor and person who's receiving the transplant have in common. Say someone needs a transplant. In order for that one person to receive one. They need to have the exact same blood type, similarities in genes, similar white blood cell count, similar red blood cell count, lungs can't have any signs of possible future respiratory disease, no general history of illness, no trace of antibiotics in system, no trace of alcohol or drugs in system, donor can't be a smoker etc. The donor list goes by state, then who's health declines the fastest etc. Not to mention the person who's receiving the transplant needs to be in 10% of their life expectancy.
Well yeah, I understand there are circumstances that depend on whether the transplants occur (I watch Grey's Anatomy ._.). I'd just assume there'd be more demand for lung transplants.

I'm just saying the more a surgeon performs an operation, the more proficient they'd be at it.

Well yeah, I understand there are circumstances that depend on whether the transplants occur (I watch Grey's Anatomy ._.). I'd just assume there'd be more demand for lung transplants.

I'm just saying the more a surgeon performs an operation, the more proficient they'd be at it.

There's a lot of factors that influence the outcome:
  • Stress
  • Fatigue
  • Nursing aid
  • Have they experienced instant organ rejection?
  • Have they done two in a row and end up cutting corners without noticing, or the quality isn't as high?

lol Steve; reminds me of the line from a movie "If I wake up with my fly undone, I want a refund"

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
Hey be grateful that you get to be put to sleep and not feel anything, instead of having to feel it >~o xD
oww it still hurts afterwords though..

It's just teeth, nothing that major, [<--think of it that way! :D]

ow.. reconstructing your jaw sounds so painful ;~; OW!

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
So ten minutes ago my mom reminded me of my dentist appt. tomorrow. I'm getting my wisdom teeth pulled. All of them. They're putting me to sleep, and I'm scared. My mom told me a while back that they put my aunt to sleep when she got her wisdom teeth pulled, and she almost died. Not helping. I'm really nervous about this, and no one else I know has ever been put to sleep to get their teeth pulled so I don't know what to expect....I'm freaking out...any tips on how to relax?

so they are actually making you sleep instead of just numbing the area? I find this odd. granted I've only had one wisdom tooth pulled but they only numbed the area that needed to be worked on. I was awake the whole time.

If they actually plan on making you sleep if you are still nervous you could ask your doctor or parents about this.

Or you could grow a pair and not be afraid =/

cept she's a girl. so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back