• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► NEO: TWEWY is a sequel to the anime, new Nomura artwork

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

As there is no official Twitter account for NEO: The World Ends With You, creative producer Tetsuya Nomura has hijacked the official The World Ends With You - The Animation Twitter account to discuss the new upcoming game briefly and share a piece of art celebrating its announcement.

There is no official Twitter for the game, so I'll bother you here. This game that will be the sequel to the anime that will be aired in April next year will release next summer. When I designed the sequel hero, I didn't think that the mask would become a part of the normal world. The mysterious smartphone symbol meant NEO. Next year is SUBASEKA. Thank you for your cooperation. Have a nice year 

- Nomura

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on The World Ends With You, the rumored Kingdom Hearts Disney Plus series, Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts 3 and all things Kingdom Hearts!

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Nomura just casually taking over a twitter account nbd

It is interesting that it is a sequel to the anime and not the game, but that just means the anime's canon will likely be the de-facto canon after all of the changes they make (or its another reality...)

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Right? "so i'll bother you here" is just making me laugh. What a dork.

This is interesting. I wonder if the anime will cover material from Final Remix and the stuff added there?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Right? "so i'll bother you here" is just making me laugh. What a dork.

This is interesting. I wonder if the anime will cover material from Final Remix and the stuff added there?

I'm assuming they will add Final Remix content to the anime.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Was not prepared to get new Nomura art but happily welcome it ;w;

Part of me hopes they just never make a separate TWEWY game account so Nomura will keep hijacking this one lol

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
It's so strange that it's a sequel to the Anime, I'm guessing it's so that it's more current and they have an explanation for going from 2000s flip phones to 2020s smartphones.

Either way I'm curious and looking forward to seeing where this project goes.

Rydgea

keeps leaving X-mas decor up year-round.
Awards
Website
backloggery.com
How unintentionally relevant..

zyJGodT.gif

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I have a fear that, since Neo takes place after the Animé, that whatever happened in A New Day, it won't be playable and will be covered in the Animé :/

I don’t think they are going to do that to us. I think much of the mystery of NEO is that we don’t know what happened between A New Day and NEO

KeyToDestiny

Awards
I think people are taking Nomura's comment about Neo taking place after the anime too literal. The anime covers the first game and that is what Neo is the sequel to. Furthermore like Nomura said himself, Neo doesn't have it's own official Twitter account yet so he had to say his piece on the offical TWEWY anime account so of course he'd also have to bring up and promote the anime too since he's using their account to say his piece. The anime also comes out next year along with Neo so for new fans who never played the original game or Final Remix, they'll get the chance to experience the first game through the anime before jumping into the sequel that follows from that story.

Of course there's a possibility they could add in New Day content as well but I still think Nomura's comment is just saying the obvious. The second game's story is the sequel to the first game's story. Now for the 3 years thing, dunno how it would work for between New Day and Neo but with just one trailer out, it's hard to have all the answers right now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
So it’s a sequel and not a prequel??? Hmmmm then Sho is even more of a mystery now 🤔

Not really if you played/watched A New Day. Coco brings Sho back to life using the Taboo Noise sigil in her fake Shibuya to be a Partner for Neku in her version of the Reaper's Game. The mystery here isn't so much in the how but in the gap in-between his revival and how he ends up with Rindo in this new Game and not with Neku in Coco's Game.

Back