• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► NEO: The World Ends With You Rated T by the ESRB

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

There have been a lot of announcements regarding the world of The World Ends With You today. To top it all off, NEO: The World Ends With You has officially been rated by the ESRB in the United States.

With a rating of T for Teen due to Fantasy Violence, Language, and Mild Suggestive Themes, the ESRB have released a description as to why they gave the game a T rating:

This is an action role-playing game in which players assume the roles of two high-school students who get pulled into the afterlife. From a third-person perspective, players explore areas of Tokyo, interact with characters, and battle other teams and fantastical enemies (e.g., land sharks, giant frogs, giant wolves). Players use psychic weapons, melee attacks, and magic spells (e.g., fire balls, electric strikes, ice blasts) to defeat enemies. Battles are stylized and frenetic, with impacts sounds, explosions, and flashes of light. In one comic-book panel, a female character wears a revealing jacket that exposes portions of her breasts (i.e., inner cleavage). The word “sh*t” is heard in the game.
In case you missed it, NEO: The World Ends With You will release July 27th 2021 on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4, with a later Summer release on the Epic Games Store. There's also a bunch of screenshots and renders released from the game, which have been catalogued here. And premiering tonight is The World Ends With You -The Animation-which had to replace its opening theme song due to a recent scandal and arrest of ALI's drummer, Kahadio (real name: Kadio Shirai).

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on Facebook and Twitter for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Union χ [Cross], Kingdom Hearts Dark Road, Kingdom Hearts III, Kingdom Hearts Melody of Memory, and all things Kingdom Hearts and The World Ends With You!

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Just wait until Sora pops in and says it.
Sora: Sh*t
Donald & Goofy:
giphy.gif

okhi12

Awards
Sora: Sh*t
Donald & Goofy:
giphy.gif
Instant flashback of KH1 Sora saying "You're stupid!" to Riku. Those were dark times.

About the rating, no surprise it's a T. To this day I'm still amazed that Give me all your love wasn't censored in the original TWEWY and the game was still rated T considering the sexually explicit lyrics. I guess Nintendo didn't pay much attention to the soundtrack either.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Instant flashback of KH1 Sora saying "You're stupid!" to Riku. Those were dark times.

About the rating, no surprise it's a T. To this day I'm still amazed that Give me all your love wasn't censored in the original TWEWY and the game was still rated T considering the sexually explicit lyrics. I guess Nintendo didn't pay much attention to the soundtrack either.
Nintendo definitely didn't pay attention and ESRB probably got samples of the OST and heard all of the nonsensical lyrics and Japanese songs but not "Give Me All Your Love" haha

Unbeknownst to them, we were all singing "Feel Me when you come inside/ Touch me when you want me anytime" as we fought Noise xD

okhi12

Awards
Nintendo definitely didn't pay attention and ESRB probably got samples of the OST and heard all of the nonsensical lyrics and Japanese songs but not "Give Me All Your Love" haha

Unbeknownst to them, we were all singing "Feel Me when you come inside/ Touch me when you want me anytime" as we fought Noise xD
Also the DS audio quality didn't make it easy to tell the difference between feel me and fill me. Because it wasn't lewd enough.

Back