• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► NEO: The World Ends With You announced to release Summer 2021

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 quid is good

Awards
The plaid hurts me but MAN even though I have some reservations I'm just unbelievably happy that a sequel even exists, even if I don't end up enjoying it, it's absolutely amazing to see TWEWY get such a push considering it's relative obscurity

*new twewy game gets announced*

*Persona 5 starts trending instead*

Gen Z grrrrr *shakes fist*

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
(Huge pic)
Would you look at that. I guess it’s because I watched the trailer on that new site than YT, so I didn’t see any English text except romanized names in the background. Nice to know her identity, even if I’m late to the party.
(Wall of Text)
From a marketing standpoint, yeah, that makes sense. TWEWY may not be the benchmark of jRPGs, but it’s a reasonable success that could yield a lot of profit if capitalized properly. I respect that.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
*Persona 5 starts trending instead*
Why? Is there confirmation/rumors for Scramble?

From a marketing standpoint, yeah, that makes sense. TWEWY may not be the benchmark of jRPGs, but it’s a reasonable success that could yield a lot of profit if capitalized properly. I respect that.
TWEWY doesn't need to grow very big, just big enough to be able to stand on its own legs. I feel like the Animé, 3D visuals, voice-acting and Action RPG are gonna elevate it from niche-ish to something on par with mainstream, or just plain mainstream.

SuperNova

Awards
I definitely feel like TWEWY has made a very smooth transition from sprites to full 3D models. I like the changes they've made to the art style without straying too far from the original. Rindo certainly intrigues me as the new protagonist.

Minamimoto is playable...does that mean that they might acknowledge what happened in "A New Day" alongside the anime? Okay now I want the final boss to be Neku.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
P5 fans think that game is where Shibuya originated from and that any game set in modern Japan is copying it.

There are people just learning for the first time that Shibuya is a real place. Persona fans are embarrassed and everyone is pissed xD

blank points

Awards
Holy.... It actually happened. And it looks awesome! Really excited for this one.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
1aa.gif

3D models!
New characters!
Same city! duh

AHHHHHHHHHHHH ;A;

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
P5 fans think that game is where Shibuya originated from and that any game set in modern Japan is copying it.

There are people just learning for the first time that Shibuya is a real place. Persona fans are embarrassed and everyone is pissed xD
Wait…there are people who actually think that?

Forgive me for saying this but…

Ew! Where the hell did they grow up in, under a rock with the mosses? What education did they receive that they can’t even tell that?

I know that sounded snobby but any two-bit B-grade middle school student can tell Shibuya is a real place, hell, at least know that Tokyo is the capital of Japan.

Okay, rant over. Happy gaming, TWEWY fans!

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Nope. Just TWEWY being compared to P5 by P5 fans to the point of Twitter being fed up with them
Oh, God...

I definitely feel like TWEWY has made a very smooth transition from sprites to full 3D models.
Yeah, even the gameplay feels like a natural evolution of TWEWY's system rather than something different.

does that mean that they might acknowledge what happened in "A New Day" alongside the anime? Okay now I want the final boss to be Neku.
Judging by the fact that Neo is a sequel to the Animé: yes, I believe so.

Golly, hahahaha

I presume it's newer fans that got brought into the Persona franchise after P5/Royal

Same city! duh
The fact that it's 3D just miiiiiiiiight make it feel fresh rather than new hehehe

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Oh, neat. I wonder why PS4 though, but who cares since backwards compatibility is now a thing again (…after 14 years…)?

They still haven’t revealed Hype-chan’s name.
Frankly I'm more surprised they didn't port Final Remix to PS4.

Well yes actually. February 23rd is a rumored date for the English release. Or at least a version with English releasing in Asian territories.

SS501

Awards
Bless Nomura, single handedly kept TWEWY alive for more than a decade while TWEWY's fanbase kept shitting on him for associating it with KH. What a flex this trailer was.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Huh wasn't sure how I'd feel about it going 3D, but it looks good. I can kind of see why people are getting slight P5 vibes from it though.
I'm surprised to see a whole new cast of characters, but they seem interesting so far. I'm also curious about their relationship to the Reapers, seems a tad bit less antagonistic than last time. I was also not expecting us to return to Shibuya. This is really exciting, great first trailer.

Violet Pluto

Awards

I was wondering why some guy on the trailer basically said that P5 fans were dumb. Anyway after... over a decade of my life, Twewy 2 is coming... Oh no, I'm old now.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Huh wasn't sure how I'd feel about it going 3D,
me neither. 70% of me was expecting more sprites, while the other 30% was open to 3D (just that I wasn't expecting it so soon).

I can kind of see why people are getting slight P5 vibes from it though.
Personally, I'm not getting P5 vibes. They're both 3D games, but the styles are veeeeeeeeeeery different.

I'm surprised to see a whole new cast of characters,
Same here. Was expecting to play as Neku in Shinjuku.

'm also curious about their relationship to the Reapers, seems a tad bit less antagonistic than last time.
Well, maybe they're not full-on antagonistic, but just villainy on their own terms.

I was also not expecting us to return to Shibuya.
Haha, like I said: I was expecting Shinjuku, but a return to Shibuya in 3D would feel fresh.

by the way, does this mean 3D ramen?! <3_<3

Honestly, they should just move forward and remake the original TWEWY on this new engine
This could end up happening, but with the Animé, I think it'll be a stretch.

PS4 controller has gyro. But what they could've done was ditch motion/touch & make the game playable with plain old buttons,
Yeah, but I presume they don't wanna put manpower into a Final Remix port project.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
me neither. 70% of me was expecting more sprites, while the other 30% was open to 3D (just that I wasn't expecting it so soon).
Yeah I was expecting it to be in the same style as Solo Mix, but this works well too. Though I'll miss the sprites especially for the noise, they're not quite the same in 3D.

Personally, I'm not getting P5 vibes. They're both 3D games, but the styles are veeeeeeeeeeery different.
Honestly most things that give me P5 vibes are things that were already in the original game. Like it's stylized urban presentation in the UI, the simplified presentation of other people and anime-esque models. But the association probably comes from me not having been exposed to that many AA games.

Same here. Was expecting to play as Neku in Shinjuku.
Yep, same here. I'm expecting the Anime might explain why we're still in Shibuya.

Well, maybe they're not full-on antagonistic, but just villainy on their own terms.
Hm yeah, honestly hard to tell from just the trailers. But it I got the vibe that they're more like Gym Leaders there to challenge players than how they used to be, where they aimed to erase them. Might just be a false impression though.

Haha, like I said: I was expecting Shinjuku, but a return to Shibuya in 3D would feel fresh.

by the way, does this mean 3D ramen?! <3_<3
It definitely does have a very different feel than the maps from the original game. I wonder, if we still might end up in Shinjuku. This is an early trailer and there still might be locations to be revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back