• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Nelli's Random Stuff

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kounelli

Awards
Here are some things I have created over the years that I would like to share with you all. Some of these vary in skill and design, as it reflects some of my journey through graphic design as a whole and how much I changed (and these are in no particular order).

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Sigs:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I have a lot more, but I just realized that there is an image post limit so I'm gonna stop here haha (might just post links later).
My strengths are photo-manipulations and use of textures, but I would have to say my weakness is typography. I am just never satisfied with what I do with the text in everything I do, even when I do them from scratch. Any advice in that regard would be greatly appreciated. If you would like to see more, I will definitely post more later.

I made my little Noctis avatar that I currently have on today, and I am particularly proud of it. I was messing around with CS2 + Illustrator at work hehe.

plasmos

KHI Site Developer
Staff member
Awards
Post more of your works so I can see. (Current up to date ones please, thanks)

If I have the time I'll make you a .psd form to use for a tutorial guide.

Kounelli

Awards
My KH3 Sora model sig and my Pietro Maximoff sig are from January of this year if you would like to look at those again, the others below from 2014-2015) (you can see where I started to branch out with text and test different styles, otherwise I would just skip out on it and not put any in haha) And my Noctis avatar is from a couple days back, I will be making a sig for it soon.
Spoiler Spoiler Show

These two below are from 2015 + 2014. I've got to be honest, for the past year and a half I haven't really been doing anything, but the way I handle text + other stuff hasn't really changed from these.

From summer 2015 - (I drew the star in illustrator, but I feel it's kind of buggy, does it look awkward to you?)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

From Dec/Jan - 2014 (I tried combining different texts, but now that I'm looking at it again maybe it wasn't the best choice?)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Also, I just started pixel art so if anyone would like to critique these I would be most obliged (Done in Mar 2016):
51srv6.jpg
whfz2r.jpg

C4strife

Gee Gee Gee Gee Gee
Awards
Website
www.boajjang.com
With regards to your text, try to keep it simple. I think you're trying to add too many effects (layer styles, gradients etc.) and you should consider decreasing the quantity of text. For your Sora sig, your font "family" choices seem okay (maybe not the one for "I want to line"), but what pops out is the underline and the "&" sign due to the contrast with the background.

I think your Pietro Maximoff has some potential. I think there's too much empty space on the left, you could sharpen some of the foreground effects more and make the colors more vibrant.

The star that you made in illustrator looks good, but it seems awkward due to the placement of the shadows and highlights. Perhaps the bottom left highlight should not be there?

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I can't really critique because, I'm not a graphic artist. However, I love all of the things you've made thus far. The pixel art happens to be really cute. Especially the turtle.

After taking a look at your signatures, these two are my favorite of them all. I really like your style, cause it looks sharp in my eyes. I like the placement of the words you put in the signatures you make. I would definitely request signatures and avatars alike from you, cause I think all the ones you've made thus far are marvelous. C: I'm still really in love with the pastel colored signature the most, cause it's so pretty and totally up my alley for a signature. OH! And Sora's avatar looks awesome. I also like the Big Hero 6 avatar too. <3 Totally my faves.

viOIZTItCx-Ry9ST1v7x-kT4WZCIvZq_tkTwNuGa31SsfCzfN-V9XR3cpKxyVr8v6TmAecQbMk7dHy0mRnhKb9yNSI-VU_ei-9zzjlc-EBi7UTgY2E8rZzu7strWMvI5igbIoAmuRgRUbBfIIZvg9Q=s0-d-e1-ft

dark1sig.png

Kounelli

Awards
@C4strife, thanks for the pointers! I can totally see how I can go overboard on some of the text, and am currently experimenting with more of that. Thanks for the comments on the other stuff as well, it helps a lot!

@Muke, thanks a lot! I plan to! :)

@Cinder, it's okay, I still appreciate your commentary nonetheless and if you would ever like to have me make you something I will be glad to! I always try to check in now and then even if I don't comment as much so you can still reach me!

EDIT:
Thought I lost this one, but found it! It's the Hiro Hamada sig that is supposed to match with the avi above
2vm8s29.jpg

Also, a photomanip I did a while back when Dreamworks' Home was coming out (I love photomanipulation, and I am particularly proud of this one, it took a lot of work to fit Hiro in there!)
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
@Kounelli, I'll let you know if I have a special request. In the meantime, I really love your Hiro avatar. It looks stunning and fabulous with the color schemes. I actually like the way Hiro's hand is reaching out, cause it makes a really cool signature.

I haven't actually seen the movie BH6. So I probably wouldn't of known you inserting Hiro into the picture you've done unless you told me. xD I hope you don't mind. It's pretty neat that you were able to!

Kounelli

Awards
I just did this yesterday for a logo/shirt design at work. I know I could have gone overboard with the text stuff but what can I say I am an fx ho. I drew the arrow myself though pretty proud about that. 8D

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
How could I have missed this thread?!
Your pictures are incredible!!!! Nice job on them!
giphy.gif

Kounelli

Awards
Thanks Howler!

Just made these for a nation states forum for an event:
23sghmu.jpg

pixel art - (except text)
30xfqle.jpg
2ecqekl.jpg
2vx4rav.jpg

I made a new avatar/sig too but it's from the ending of 2.8 so I'm not gonna show it yet till we are allowed to...

plasmos

KHI Site Developer
Staff member
Awards
You can post them just use the spoilers "tag" for others, I don't mind. Lemme see them.

Kounelli

Awards
Oh okay then~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's not too much of a spoiler but I guess it can be for some (A visual spoiler or character spoiler probably).

Muke

whatever
Awards
Hooollllyyyy I LOVE IT! Great work, it looks so awesome! <3

Chuuya

scared of any fandom I'm part of
Awards
Oh okay then~

Spoiler Spoiler Show

It's not too much of a spoiler but I guess it can be for some (A visual spoiler or character spoiler probably).
Oh my God they are awesome!!! :D

Kounelli

Awards
Thanks again!

Just updating with some stuff I made recently -

Drew this in illustrator:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Made this banner for a forum:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back