• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Need to make a decision soon and other adult problems

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
Always find what makes you happy and comfortable. I started working at a Grocery store two months ago. It was relatively cool but the amount of activity was excruciating. It was 35hrs a week. I left it and found something else. Now I'm at Parks and Recreation from the City. A lot more comfortable duty and the field is wide open for me. I've spend plenty of years without working and still not going to school. Just keep looking and you will never know what comes at you.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Yeah I actually recently found two jobs, that called me back at the same time, Meijer and Pheasant Run, a resort that's nearby my house.

Pheasant Run offered a lot, and had a lot of perks and I got along with everyone great, but the job was not meant for me. It was literally killing me and I wasn't able to meet their insane standards for housekeeping. The job was miserable. The way I've explained it, is essentially it's known that you're basically selling yourself during the interview.

During my interview with Pheasant Run, I noticed that they were just smiling away nodding at whatever I said. I thought they were friendly, and overly generous offering as many perks as they did.

It was after 8 days of work straight that I realized they were selling me the job. No one wants it. Everyone I met wanted to leave. The place was a joke, and treats their employees like shit because no one wants to stay.

So, I'm starting Meijer next Tuesday and going from there. I'm going to also look into a work-study program with Waubonsee College since it offers better pay and to my knowledge and understanding, more better hours that work with my schedule properly.

Just kind of mad I let myself run out of money this soon after paying for all my classes... I have a decent paycheck coming up so I need to get a license plate for my new car, insure it, etcetcetc...

I really wish I spent more properly with the money I had all saved up. I ran out after being an idiot with it in 6 months time.

Oh also I registered for English Composition, Math Literature, and Japanese.
Hopefully I'll be able to get the books cheap. I already have the book for Japanese though.

Last edited:

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
My job development is pretty much at a standstill right now.

Not to be rude but... This is unfortunate for you, yes, but this thread isn't a discussion on everyone's misfortunes but help for what path I need to take right now? I'm just kind of confused.

Right now I need help with college books and online lab codes above anything. Jobs I'm getting a little more optimistic about.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
Not to be rude but... This is unfortunate for you, yes, but this thread isn't a discussion on everyone's misfortunes but help for what path I need to take right now? I'm just kind of confused.

Right now I need help with college books and online lab codes above anything. Jobs I'm getting a little more optimistic about.

It was just I am looking forward to job development. I have been to college, and I hope you stick with it. I tend to get off-topic.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I would say go to community college for the first two years, then transfer over to a University (at your own pace, you don't have to do so right away); apply for fasfa (the legit free program, not the scams) and look into any program that will grant you money; if it costs you anything, avoid; lean on financial advisers (sometimes you'll get some shitty ones but there are those out there that really want you to succeed) through community and at four year institutions; like make them work for their money. Listen to your academic counselors and keep track of your credits and classes so you don't take years to graduate. Ask about scholarships, be vigilant; you might have to write some papers.

A bachelor's degree will open the door for you if you can't find a job in your field. A four year degree will get you a decent paying job, especially if you have some form of working experience, know how to draft resumes and cover letters, and have accredited people who will speak for you (references).

Do not, unless you are well off or on scholarship, live in dorms or student based housing nor have a meal plan through the college. Save money, commute and live at home or a place you can traverse from to school. You are still going to acquire some debt (unless you have enough scholarships and grants), but the idea is to limit it as much as possible. Out of state tuition, living in the dorms, and having a meal plan are big money killers.

Also, books aren't all what they are cracked up to be. Sure, there may be times where it is unavoidable, and you need them, but a lot of the time, if the professor or instructor is a good speaker, uses power point (and posts them on line), you can get by by being attentive, taking good notes, and studying; go to the first day of every class to get a feel for how the class will be ran; drop if necessary and pick the ones that fit or are required. I was in college (university) for 5 years, made a couple of mistakes, but I graduated. It is possible, but very, very tricky, and may be impossible if you don't know how to navigate your financial situation and hard if you come from a humble background. I caught a break though, but I won't get too much into that considering this thread isn't about me.

Do not go to college hoping to find out what you want to do, please don't do that!lol One of the biggest mistakes my sister made and she's dropped out as a junior, and has $20,000+ debt awaiting with no degree.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Hahaha you're a bit late but I still appreciate the advice for the later game. I've applied for [free good] FAFSA, got a decent amount for my next semester, so half of fall and spring are paid for, provided I don't fuck up somehow. My fall classes are all paid for, registered, orientation on the 14th, school starts late August.

I have a well enough paying job that isn't TOO difficult for me, living at home for the next two years unless something opens up for me, and yeah.

I'm focusing on getting an Associates, and moving on to a graduate school for a major in English as a main focus on my degrees, probably getting a minor in something practical in business or publishing as a whole.

It's gonna be a bit rough with all that money I spent years on saving up being gone, but I'll manage.

For now, I'm going to wait a bit on the books to see what I'll really need, like if I really just need to use the online labs and/or the book. Japanese I actually have that course's book and workbook already [with a good amount of chapter's sheets done...], and English isn't bad, but math is probably going to bone me. It's super expensive for no clear reason and the online lab subscription/whatever is more than the book could possibly cost me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back