• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Need to get taller. :o

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaesung

I already know the genetics thing. I also already did that measurement with:
Measure your father's and mother's height, add 5 inches and divide by two.

Meaning that I'll only get half an inch taller.

Don't know my dad's exact height. (He doesn't live with us.)

DadH + MomH ~ 129in/2 ~ 64.5 ~ 5'4 1/2

I'm currently 5'4

Anybody know any stretches that helped you grow, or at least made you think
that you were growing? Anything else would be nice.

I'm desperate. I really want to get taller be before school starts again.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
You're only 15, you have a long way to go (puberty) so don't worry too much about it. You have yet to experience growth spurt. Which is were you start getting taller out of nowhere, if you haven't gone through it yet - expect to go through it soon. Probably not around this summer but soon.

Jaesung

Why does it even matter lol
I honestly don't know. Lol I guess since all my friends are getting taller.
You're only 15, you have a long way to go (puberty) so don't worry too much about it. You have yet to experience growth spurt. Which is were you start getting taller out of nowhere, if you haven't gone through it yet - expect to go through it soon. Probably not around this summer but soon.

Thanks for the hope/encouragement post.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Ultimately, your final height can't really be helped, and of course that basic maths formula won't really dictate your height, it's just a rough guide to what it might be. Given you can't change much right now, and that you're still growing, it's a better idea to work on your posture, find ways to stand taller and stronger. You won't care so much about any potential height deficiencies when you can carry yourself confidently and others can see it.

Jaesung

Ultimately, your final height can't really be helped, and of course that basic maths formula won't really dictate your height, it's just a rough guide to what it might be. Given you can't change much right now, and that you're still growing, it's a better idea to work on your posture, find ways to stand taller and stronger. You won't care so much about any potential height deficiencies when you can carry yourself confidently and others can see it.

I've actually been working my posture since freshmen year. Less slouching, etc. I guess it did make me or looked like i gotten taller. From my friends sentence. "You got taller, didn't you?"

theirlosthearts

Awards

I just want to emphasize the truth of this statement. No matter how tall or short a person is, if they comport themselves like a bum, they will be respected as a bum. If a person exudes confidence, they automatically get a small amount (more for some people) of respect. Height doesn't really matter, how you act and carry yourself does matter.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
It sucks, but you'll get used to it. I'm 20 yrs old and standing at 5'6''.

State

Awards
maysa.jpg

Eat lots of calcium!

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
invent a machine to trade bodies with people
bada-bing-bada-boom, you trade bodies with a tall person

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
all my friends were growing before me. i didn't hit a growth spurt until i started going into my junior year of high school. i grew like six inches in one summer and then suddenly i was taller than all my friends.

just give it time. everyone runs at their own pace.

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards
When I hit my growth spurt, I was taking vitamins and drinking lots of milk. Unfortunately, I never reached the 6'0 mark. I stopped growing at 5'11" and 3/4. How frustrating. I was almost there.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
Height is determined by genetics. If both of your parents are tall, the you'll be tall. If both of your parents are short, you'll be short. Then you get a 50/50 shot if you got one of both sizes. Nothing you can do about your genetics, unfortunately.

I've seen some strange cases with genetics though. My friend's dad is like 5'3" and his mom is 5'5". My friend is either 5'9" or 5'10". My first cousin on my mom's side is 6'4" but his dad is 5'10" and his mom was 5'8". First cousin on my dad's side is 6'1" but his brother is 6'8" and their mother was 5'9" and their father was very tall (can't remember how tall though).

Awards
Go into space, your spine will stretch out by like.. One inch.

It'll go back to normal when you come back to Earth tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back